Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1798992 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9840 on: March 11, 2013, 08:30:07 am »

Seriously?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dartungar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: March 11, 2013, 10:14:53 am »

:'(

Why are so many people starting to ask vanilla things again? ^^
I am writing my 1st post just to tell you: that's because DF is complicated enough. And people get confused easily even without mods.
That's not a reason to stop making one of the best mods I've ever seen (in whole gaming experience, counting some TES conversions, Minecraft epic modding, etc).

You are awesome. Don't stop just because players who like your mod are too busy playing it and therefore dont write supportive forum posts  ;)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: March 11, 2013, 11:18:06 am »

Hey meph, allow me to introduce you to my favourite acronym. I think you should use it more; RTFM. I'll give you a clue; the RTM part means "read the manual" I'll leave the rest to your imagination.  ;D use it wisely!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9843 on: March 11, 2013, 11:51:05 am »

So, what I am saying is: RT(friendly)M.

Like this? :P

Well, I wont stop modding because people come by and act not like I'd wish them to do... but I have other things on my hand atm anyway. I bought a new toy, and I am dying to try it out. Also, Heart of the Swarm, tomorrow. :)

//OFFTOPIC, the new toy. A boat that fits on a bike, and at the same time the bike fits on the boat. I love it. :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: March 11, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »

Dammit! I'm playing Orc Fortress and for some reason all my orcs have decided to sneak everywhere! Now they move incredibly slowly andconstantly train ambushing! What the hell is going on?

Never heard of this before. 
if you post a save i'll take a look, although, i don't even know the first thing about it. 

//OFFTOPIC, the new toy. A boat that fits on a bike, and at the same time the bike fits on the boat.

:o 
That's awesome
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:14:02 pm by smakemupagus »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: March 11, 2013, 01:03:51 pm »

Stockpiling Bone Studs.

I've been thinking about why this doesn't work, but then when I really thought about it, why are they even in the mod?

How about you change the 4 reactions to create studs to 4 reactions to created Studded Leather without the middle step of creating a stud? This would be in line with the item reduction efforts you've done to increase FPS.

Of course, the ratio wouldn't be quite as you have them now, but I don't think many would object to having to use two vermin to create two studded leathers vs. the one vermin to do so now.  The bone one I would move to requiring two tough leathers and one bone to create the two studded.

Maybe take a poll on it.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: March 11, 2013, 01:53:41 pm »

Anybody having problems with a massive amount of kids being born? Usually I'd just set the population cap and children cap low and that'd stop pregnancies, but now... I've population cap set at 120, kids cap set at 20, and yet my fortress is seeing babies born every couple of days. I'm currently sitting at population of 174, of which 70 are children!
Unrelated question: is there any way to, uhm, dispose of kids without causing a tantrum spiral? :D

I'm asking here because the pop cap / kid cap used to work for me in vanilla / previous versions of Masterwork, and I'm wondering if anyone else had similar problems?

-Edit-
I just built my first Church of the Dark Depths, and attempted to make my first Shadowmancer. The target was carrying a baby around (like nearly everybody in the fortress...). Long story short, I now have an evil magical baby being carried around by his mom. Good stuff :D

-Edit 2-
Also, I've just been besieged by humans. I had one caravan from them, bought nothing, and they left in peace (I'm sure nobody killed them on the way out). No evil humans enabled. What the... ?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:28:25 pm by misiekm »

Ambrose Burnside

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: March 11, 2013, 02:12:37 pm »

The changelog for .2g says that venomous animals should be milkable for their venom. How do I do this? Is it with the normal farmer's workshop reaction?

I got all these coral snakes burnin' a hole in my pocket...

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: March 11, 2013, 04:08:37 pm »

Meph, what about a water race ?

If I can suggest, give a look to "Forgotten Realms - Serpent Kingdoms",
Yuan-ti and Naga !

LordBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: March 11, 2013, 04:09:16 pm »

Sweet boat bike, bike boat Meph! I mean good enough to pull me in and say something! Still having issues with your mod, not real problems; like my own brain problem, oh and time issues. Your mod here can suck up a few hours without notice, I swear! But I think I should complain a bit, if only to fit in so...

After eating Corned-beef while playing your mod, my keyboard's num-pad is SUPER salty. Can I Modify that in the raws? Dwarf.ini maybe... I'm going to point a paw at DwarfCandy, that has to be the issue. Make the next MW release with a little less salt added, okay? I don't think salty keys are a Vanilla issue. I also blame the fact that I licked keyboard's num-pad on the mod too; Don't ask why!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: March 11, 2013, 04:26:20 pm »

So, what I am saying is: RT(friendly)M.
Like this? :P
Close enough ;)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: March 11, 2013, 04:59:08 pm »

beetlemead from dewbeetles has some difficulty going into barrels at 25 per as it comes out however much beetlehoney * 5 = barrel output
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

btw why are dewbeetles so slow D:
[SPEED:19000]
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: March 11, 2013, 06:46:17 pm »

Meph, what about a water race ?

If I can suggest, give a look to "Forgotten Realms - Serpent Kingdoms",
Yuan-ti and Naga !

Nothing can build in water or path properly. It's an issue with vanilla and not within the raws.

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: March 11, 2013, 11:09:18 pm »

So, I finally get to the turret spawning in the spawn point.

Not that I am complaining...  :D This cluster single-handedly melted warlock siege and two automaton ambushes, but I am really afraid to try to spawn them inside fortress.
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: March 12, 2013, 04:00:59 am »

I got a grave cat/s enter my fortress land. Is this supposed to happen on non-evil biomes? (Its description says otherwise)
Signature Is Here.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 749