Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1191109 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 78 Theft of the century
« Reply #1500 on: April 29, 2015, 06:48:52 pm »

((It seems more likely to me, that once the spell turns off, the minds will attempt to return to their original bodies. If said original body happens to no longer exist, then mind goes away. You know, people could exploit this to get rid of enemies that are too hard to get rid of in their own bodies. Also, yeah that was a good spell. No fighting dragon, instead must run around screaming.))

((I'd say they will fight for control out of desperation - with ties to original body severed while being in other suitable body, soul would undoubtably form some sort of anchor. So, for the soul to leave entirely, you must kill the body the moment soul leaves the body it now inhabits.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 29, 2015, 06:49:39 pm »

((where is my action?))
((I am also interested in that. Can't seem to find it.))

wasn't it back at......

oh.....it seems I forgot to take one....

whats the procedure for this?

I'm feeling amused, and thus nice. Post an action, and as long as it does not interfere with what is allready happening at I will add it to turn 78.

((ok))

make three essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 29, 2015, 06:54:49 pm »

"Argh! What the..."

No staff. No orb. No...pain? Noticing that landscape has changed, Kahel saw other mages, as stupefied as he was, looking at their new bodies. Seeing the healer mage standing beside him, Kahel tried to ask, his voice weird and totally alien:

"James?"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:42:39 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 29, 2015, 08:50:30 pm »

Jase takes a moment to look at himself. He wasn't this injured a few seconds ago. And his skin wasn't this shade. It seems he swapped bodies. Not unheard of for an aether mage, but he was sure he didn't do it this time.

"Damn it, this is like my 20th birthday all over again. Alright people, sound off so we can figure out who got swapped where. And this is Jase, to clarify."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:57:59 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: April 29, 2015, 09:33:26 pm »

Despite the weirdness of the whole situation, Kahel couldn't help but smile:

"Well, I'll entrust my body to you for now... Do you have any idea about what happened?"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:43:29 am by Sarrak »

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 30, 2015, 01:10:34 am »

"Crimson here. This is weird."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:12:21 am by Crimson »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: April 30, 2015, 01:23:36 am »

"James here, in a rather bad spot."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 30, 2015, 07:00:26 am »

"MWAHAHAHA!!! IT WORKED! It just... affected me also. Oh wait, this body has 9 shards... Hey, mister dragon, don't trust whoever's in my body! Whoever it is, he's likely hostile towards you!"

((Plotting intensifies!))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: April 30, 2015, 07:05:30 am »

"MWAHAHAHA!!! IT WORKED! It just... affected me also. Oh wait, this body has 9 shards... Hey, mister dragon, don't trust whoever's in my body! Whoever it is, he's likely hostile towards you!"

((Plotting intensifies!))
((You better hope POT and CMP are considered as part of your mind.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 30, 2015, 07:10:08 am »

((I imagine the physical stats are part of the body and the magic stats are part of the mind... by the way, I've got 9 shards to spend. So many options... one more shard and I can get force affinity... everybody dies but me. Or just spend them all to mind roulette again, or just remove Crimson's connection to the body I'm in, then kill my original body... so many possibilities! By the way, what were the negative modifiers for mind roulette?))

Edit: ((Never underestimate an affinity I design.))
((I've got an idea for an AoE that will basically ruin all three of you. With all my shards in and my essences also used I might be able to pull it off.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:23:00 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: April 30, 2015, 12:11:02 pm »

((Never underestimate an affinity I design.))
((I've got an idea for an AoE that will basically ruin all three of you. With all my shards in and my essences also used I might be able to pull it off.))
((Actually, you gave the game a pretty interesting twist, but 'ruin' us? You did not.

And bodyswapping (?) affinity would be a great one. Swap, kill, use shards, swap again.))

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 30, 2015, 02:31:05 pm »

"This is what happens when you do not have a proper force-field up at all times."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 30, 2015, 02:58:34 pm »

((Actually... nobody has their own essences. Basically nobody can use really potent magic without sacrificing shards. Crimson probably could have dealt serious damage by using his essences, to say nothing of Jase or Jason, but now they're a tad bit weaker. TAD TAD TAD bit weaker. I'm devising a plan using the shards Crimson's body has to do more ruining though... And yeah, I'm surprised POT 9 CMP 10 failed to get through a POT 5 CMP 5 shield.))
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 30, 2015, 03:51:15 pm »

You
By the way, what were the negative modifiers for mind roulette?))

You should had gained- 1 for picking exact curse and possibly another -1 for range, but that did not matter as much and you were running a bit on rule of coll there. As for the shield protecting Romanticarnus, your spell was AOE, and thus actualy far weaker than your rolled POT.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 30, 2015, 04:01:06 pm »

((... only -2? For a spell of that power? Wot. Just, wot. How much of a bonus does rule of cool give when used in a spell? And I can accept that the spell bounced off that shield, but the shield should at least be weakened... at most it should fragment his mind and create a spin-off: You Are the Voices in Romanticarnus' Head. You know what would be fun? Create a suggestion game where mages in this game that go insane can be controlled by the players in that game.))

Edit: ((I just realized I literally changed the name of the game.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:03:54 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 506