Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 71741 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »

It's only possible for the town to have two power roles. I meant which two would you consider most useful out of the possibilities? I realise I butchered that question now.
Oh ok. I would say the guardsman and the captain then. Guardsman because the Jailkeeper is a really powerful role anyway, and the captain because a rolecop is always handy. General is pretty useless, because it basically means that he gets two votes that one time, then dies because everyone knows who he is, and the Private is just dangerous, unless you know what you are doing.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2015, 03:43:32 pm »

DS: if we don't have any way to determine which of them they are, leave them alone. Otherwise it's a one in three chance that one of us will end up dead instead, which doesn't seem like good odds to me.
DA: I find it pretty curious that you said "we don't", as if stating something that is, rather than "we didn't", meaning a hypothetical situation. Why is that?

Everyone: If you were the Bad, would it be wiser to try to hunt down the Good/Ugly, or just try to live to the end and win with the town/scum? Why?
The safest thing would be just surviving. Of course, that is less fun than the alternative.

Deathsword: What role do you think is the most useful for scum, Saboteur or Captain? Why?
Saboteur. The captain can identify the GBU, but I think it's best for scum to lock down town players.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2015, 03:47:40 pm »

i actually think that general+guardsman is the most powerful, because after the general reveals, the guardsman can just protect him at night. That is now an extra vote for the townies. (I assume voting is not blocked by guardsman)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2015, 03:48:52 pm »

i actually think that general+guardsman is the most powerful, because after the general reveals, the guardsman can just protect him at night. That is now an extra vote for the townies. (I assume voting is not blocked by guardsman)
Read this:
...General (is able to reveal as an night action and receives an extra vote, but can't be protected after he reveals)...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2015, 03:56:40 pm »

DA: I find it pretty curious that you said "we don't", as if stating something that is, rather than "we didn't", meaning a hypothetical situation. Why is that?
Probably because the official grammatical rules are rarely followed in practice.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »

Read this:
...General (is able to reveal as an night action and receives an extra vote, but can't be protected after he reveals)...
Thanks. Disregard my opinion.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »

origami:
Everybody,
of the three third-party roles, which sounds the most fun to you?

The Bad he's basically a serial killer but can win early if the good or ugly dies first. And I've never been a serial killer, I want to try it.

Did you get the role you were hoping for?

Deus:
Everyone: Which of the two possible town power roles seems the most useful to you?
Angry private and guardsman. Guardsman is jailor and jailor = awesome. RB'er and protection yes please. Angry private is good because while it is a kill it a town aimed one. I would pick Captain but invests seem to create a dependence on them and if left standing and they don't find anything it creates a lot of wifom and general indecisiveness as the argument descends into whether to trust the captain or not.

What would you pick?

Peradon:
Comrade Shamrock: As the Bad, what would your strategy be? Why?
Launch a general spread of attacks, you know my usual crap cases but more of them. See if anyone tries to defend the certain partner. Push  case on suspicion of scum team if so. Keep up the pressure up until they either reveal if they are the good and the ugly. Proceed to shoot either if lynch does not fall through. Ugly kills confederates not bad if I'm reading this right. If this does not work. Look for patterns which indicate a large degree of trust between two players, scum will probably try and avoid looking like a team, good and ugly probably not as concerned.

What do you think of this? Is it helpful? Idiotic? Not detailed enough? Too detailed?

Deathsword:
Comrade Shamrock: If you were the angry private, when would you fire the kill?
N1 or N2, probably mean of me but I wouldn't trust myself with it later and the possibility of the GBU dying out would suddenly mean 3 players down plus whatever else happened which could end the game rather quickly. I would fire it at my top suspect and hope for the best.

When would you fire? Remember theoretically 5 players could disappear over the course of a day.

Tiruin and Silthuri:
Our resident lurkers.  ;D

As the bad what do you think the greatest danger to you would be?

roo:
How's life in scum chat?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2015, 04:19:59 pm »

I just realized I made a mistake in the OP. The Union and Confederate Captains do not inspect roles, they can only see if their target is Union or Confederate. Confederates, the Good, and the Ugly give a result of Confederate, while Union and the Bad give a result of Union. Apologies if that caused any confusion.

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth (1)- Deathsword
roo (1)- Comrade Shamrock

Day 1 will end on Wednesday, March 25 at 3:00 PM EST

0/4 votes to Extend
0/7 votes to Shorten
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:21:31 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »

CS: General and Guard, by process of elimination. The Captain's inspection is less useful than it would be otherwise since we've essentially got two millers, and I'm just inclined to not trust someone else with the Angry role. Having a confirmed town with double votes for at least one day seems more helpful than that, and a roleblock/protect is always useful, without the potential to backfire that a vig kill has.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2015, 04:43:27 pm »

What is your new opinion based on this information?

Launch a general spread of attacks, you know my usual crap cases but more of them. See if anyone tries to defend the certain partner. Push  case on suspicion of scum team if so. Keep up the pressure up until they either reveal if they are the good and the ugly. Proceed to shoot either if lynch does not fall through. Ugly kills confederates not bad if I'm reading this right. If this does not work. Look for patterns which indicate a large degree of trust between two players, scum will probably try and avoid looking like a team, good and ugly probably not as concerned.

What do you think of this? Is it helpful? Idiotic? Not detailed enough? Too detailed?
Well, that is certainly detailed. It looks like you have certainly put a lot of thought into it. Have you?

I just realized I made a mistake in the OP. The Union and Confederate Captains do not inspect roles, they can only see if their target is Union or Confederate. Confederates, the Good, and the Ugly give a result of Confederate, while Union and the Bad give a result of Union. Apologies if that caused any confusion.
Oh, in that case the Captain is pretty useless. I would go with Guardsman and Private then instead.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2015, 04:50:23 pm »

What is your new opinion based on this information?
Same as DA basically. The captain does seem pretty useless, while the angry private and guardsman could very well save the town at some point.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2015, 04:58:19 pm »

Same as DA basically. The captain does seem pretty useless, while the angry private and guardsman could very well save the town at some point.
You say Guardsman and Angry Private.
Deus Asmoth says Guardsman and General.

How do you think the same thing as DA?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »

I was agreeing that the captain is useless.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2015, 05:34:21 pm »

*4maskwolf initiates grumpitude.

origamiscienceguy: The ugly, obviously.  You try to get the bad to reveal themselves and the scum to shoot you without revealing who you are to anyone, which is among the most dangerous games you can play.

mastahcheese: This is a ridiculously silly question: you shoot.  The longer the game goes on, the more chances there are for the scum to hit you by accident and make you lose.  No skin off my neck if the bad does just sit around, but it'd be a silly strategy.

Peradon: I don't jail based on meta-experience, I jail based on who I think is scummy and who needs protecting.  That said, mastahcheese still needs to learn a lesson about jailkeeping.

Deus Asmoth: The nature of the question is inherently flawed, as Peradon pointed out.  If I could pick my power role, I'd pick the Guardsman, because actually useful.  The general sucks, the angry private is a useless piece of crap, and the captain isn't much better.

People seem awfully interested in the town power roles, it seems.  Methinks there is some scum rolefishing going on.

Scum has their work cut out for them, certainly.  There's one continuous kill they don't control, at least one one-shot kill they don't control, only two of them and seven townies.

All of the town power roles except for the guardsman are useless.  The general basically lives for one day after revealing unless there is a guardsman who gets lucky, the captain has a 50% chance of actually finding a real scum when he finds "scum", and the angry private is just a role to shoot a townie for semi-justified reasons because killing.  Yes, I hate vigilante roles.

Peradon and origamiscienceguy: Are you going to answer his intended question or are you just going to nitpick?

Deus Asmoth: To your revised question, General and Guardsman, the other two are pointless.  Of course, I highly doubt we ended up with that combination.  Urk why must the town power roles suck (granted the scum has a worthless power role possibility too).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2015, 05:39:24 pm »

Everybody,
of the three third-party roles, which sounds the most fun to you?

The Bad because it's an SK with a larger range of wincons (although it has no kill immunity, unlike some SK interpretations). The Ugly would also be OK because of the 1-shot NK-immunity and the knowledge of who the Good is.

TheDarkStar: As a Town Captain, if you found a Saboteur, would you let the town know immediately, or would you wait? Why?

It depends. If that were the last scum left, I would, of course, claim and end the game. If it wasn't, I'd probably try to get that person lynched without a claim to lower the risk of dying afterwards. Standard role/alignment-cop play, basically.

Everyone: Which of the two possible town power roles seems the most useful to you?

Guardsman is the useful one because it is a jailor. Captain is okay because it either finds scum or third-parties. General is useless. Angry Private is worse than useless for reasons that 4mask described.

Everyone: Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33