Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 64

Author Topic: BATTLETECH - X-COM meets ROBOTS! - Release day April 24 2018!  (Read 105679 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: BattleTech - Harebrained Schemes meets Big Stompy Robots
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2017, 11:32:39 am »

Yup. And I appreciate upfront information like this.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2017, 12:56:11 pm »

I expect delays.

I remember back when delays were so common that you basically could NEVER trust a release date and was like "Ok, take whatever the release day is... and add 6 months" or something like that.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2017, 02:25:32 pm »

And even then, you were still being pretty optimistic. But yeah, I'll join the general chorus of 'better good then on time', and 'I appreciate the upfront honesty about why.'

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2017, 12:40:20 am »

Another Q&A happend.

Spoiler: Transcription (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2017, 12:24:50 pm »

Thanks for the transcription, sounds like a lot of good points in there.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 11, 2017, 12:33:27 pm »

• If ammo takes a critical hit, the following will happen. The first will disable the ammo feed (meaning you can't draw ammo from that location anymore). The second blows up the ammo that is stored in that location.
  • Melee does not damage your own Mech, except in the case of the Death From Above attack (INFO: Death From Above is an attack made by a Mech equipped with jumpjets. The Mech launches itself through the air and tries to land on the enemy Mech. Also called a "Highlander Burial" in the BattleTech universe.)
  • In the game, you cannot displace a Mech, space-wise. This was cut some time ago. This means you won't be able to charge a Mech, because a charge would imply you knock the Mech backwards.
I'm not sure why they're able to get DFA in the game, but not charge. Don't they both involve jamming two 'mechs into one hex and sorting that out? 'course I've used DFA like twice in my entire time playing, so it's possible I misremember the rules...

Ammo not being a deathtrap is a nice change.

Thank you for the transcription.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2017, 04:35:22 pm »

I suspect that they might have DFA set up so that the JJ-ing 'mech ends up adjacent rather than mucking about with displacement. Displacement attacks might be out for technical reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was done specifically to avoid cheap exploitation of the system. Stuff like someone having a 'mech in cover from a heavy direct-fire assault 'mech of your own, so you charge it with a medium to knock it into the open. Even worse, since they mentioned fall damage from being on buildings when they collapse, I reckon there might be fall damage for natural cliffs &c. and they didn't want multiplayer cheese with people just ram-training 'mechs off of drops or whatever. Or to avoid stuff like people running assaults and heavies just to juggernaut through lights instead of trying to shoot them.

Pure speculation, but if I'm anywhere near right it's in the general category of avoiding metagaming silliness while compromising depth as little as possible.

That, or there's just going to be a relatively light emphasis on melee combat to begin with, so they dropped aspects of it to spend more time on other stuff.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2017, 11:53:29 pm »

Pushing people off cliffs is the most goddamn hilarious thing, and I hope at no point did anyone involved in this game say "we could let you do that, but we don't think it'd be fun."

I guess my thought is that whatever system they're using to handle DFAs could probably also be used to handle charges. Not that I think charges desperately need to be in the game, but it just seems odd to say "We can't do it because..." when they've already solved that problem for a similar attack.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2017, 03:29:15 am »

DFA and charge are not similar, when executing DFA the attacking 'mech is randomly scattered to an adjacent hex.  Charge works completely differently, by 'attempting' to displace the target in a straight line, not even remotely mechanically alike.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2017, 06:21:02 am »

New Kickstarter Update is out.

In short, no new date for the beta yet (they want to be sure that they'll make it). They did share some new screenshots of the game and they released part 02 of the Backer novella's.
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 13, 2017, 08:34:17 am »

Another Q&A session happend. Also, if you want to hear some music, be sure to watch these two videos by the composer working for BattleTech here and here.

Spoiler: Content Summary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:24:26 pm by Dohon »
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2017, 08:56:08 am »

Thanks for providing the content summaries of the Q&A sessions - I really appreciate being able to skim the highlights like this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2017, 11:28:24 am »

Thanks for providing the content summaries of the Q&A sessions - I really appreciate being able to skim the highlights like this.

Same for me!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:38 pm »

A new Q&A session is up. Still no release date for the beta, though they getting close. And they are in crunch mode, you can see that the people present are tired.

On the bright side, expect some new gameplay footage, a multiplayer match between two developers. That video is supposed to come out this week.

Spoiler: Transcript (click to show/hide)
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2017, 05:21:13 pm »

Sounds like it is shaping up nicely.

As always, thanks for the write-up! It is quite helpful.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 64