Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560902 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Capitalism and murder
« Reply #2325 on: May 09, 2015, 09:51:35 pm »

You can probably use it to give yourself a heart attack, at least.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: May 09, 2015, 10:58:14 pm »

My father put me in charge of making a card for mother's day, so I made a simple thing with a design - the white lotus tile from AtLA's old man club.

Obscure passive aggression! This is probably quite rude and petty, but whatever.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: May 13, 2015, 11:56:44 am »

Okay, so that sorta made sense.
Makes me wonder what edition he had as I recall the army sneaking up to the castle literally covered in brush so the forest appeared to reach the castle. Not some shield-composition bollocks.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: May 13, 2015, 07:31:10 pm »

Okay, so that sorta made sense.
Makes me wonder what edition he had as I recall the army sneaking up to the castle literally covered in brush so the forest appeared to reach the castle. Not some shield-composition bollocks.

This. I was scratching my head over that part, and a quick look up on my "Complete Shakespeare etc. etc." shows that they were indeed covered in bushes (one of Macbeth's men even reports that the forests are moving).

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: May 13, 2015, 07:36:48 pm »

It had the side effect of making one of the witches' prophecies true; they predict that the forest will attack Macbeth's castle, along with Macbeth having to beware Macduff and that Macbeth is invincible except for people who weren't "born of woman"; the outlandishness of the last one leads to Macbeth [dying at the end] because he can't be bothered to take into account that it could happen and just generally acts foolishly otherwise.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: May 13, 2015, 07:47:56 pm »

Of course the fairly lame responses to "until the forest marches on your castle" and "no man born of woman can touch you" were what inspired Tolkien's resolutions (IIRC one of my books actually contains a note from him about how he found a few guys coming on stage with twigs stuck in their hats to be an extremely unsatisfying resolution to the prophecy). The end result being, of course, the Ents marching on Isengard and Eowyn fatally stabbing the Witch King of Angmar, which I'll agree seemed both much more satisfying ways to resolve those particular prophecies. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: May 13, 2015, 11:08:34 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 14, 2015, 10:22:09 am »

Romping through my Shakespeare book again and just realized that in "As You Like It", since only men were allowed to act in Shakespeare's era, the character Rosalind would be a man playing drag as a woman who is pretending to be a man. I'd like to see that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: May 14, 2015, 01:40:25 pm »

Romping through my Shakespeare book again and just realized that in "As You Like It", since only men were allowed to act in Shakespeare's era, the character Rosalind would be a man playing drag as a woman who is pretending to be a man. I'd like to see that.
Ah, Twelfth Night's fun for the same reason. It's the beautiful, lasting joke of Shakespeare's legacy, that it's portrayed in popular culture as stuffy, high-class drama when it was closer in fact to Monty Python.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 14, 2015, 01:44:00 pm »

Mind = blown.
That made me laugh way harder than it should have. XD
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 14, 2015, 03:20:53 pm »

What could be scarier that Five nights at Freddy's?

Cancer, Murderers, falling off a building, being eaten by a shark, being barefoot and needing to walk across a bunch of broken glass and nails...

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 14, 2015, 03:23:46 pm »

What could be scarier that Five nights at Freddy's?

Cancer, Murderers, falling off a building, being eaten by a shark, being barefoot and needing to walk across a bunch of broken glass and nails...
I call that a Friday night.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 879