Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560899 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5993 lauhgs and counting
« Reply #6450 on: September 30, 2016, 02:09:48 pm »

I'm a Gemini. Someone else pick out my other archetype. That made me laugh.
I'm Gemini too! Are we twins or something?
hahaha okay now that really made me laugh :) heck if I know if we're twins or not.
Edit:I wonder if the exact day we were born on has any difference in that. Thank you for making me laugh for real.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:15:06 pm by x2yzh9 »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: September 30, 2016, 08:05:19 pm »

I just want Valve to get fisted by Galactus for backing them on this. Told Valve support flat-out that I didn't give a fuck (in softer terms) and would take a refund in steambux to spend on more Steam games, still got denied.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: September 30, 2016, 08:12:40 pm »

They can't really do anything about it beyond "don't run those ads, bro" which is a bit unfortunate.

I mean, I don't even own the game and I'm pissed off they sold the game on heady promises and false advertising.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: September 30, 2016, 08:15:25 pm »

Hey, anything that ruins Sean Murray's life even a little more is just another win for....

for....

...my schadenfreude? I'd say against the hype train, but I'm not deluded.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: September 30, 2016, 08:16:58 pm »

Haha, because ruining someone's life will definitely make everything better!
I get we're all peeved but seriously he doesn't even seem like that bad a guy. Don't need to fucking bully him.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: September 30, 2016, 08:18:56 pm »

I just want Valve to get fisted by Galactus for backing them on this. Told Valve support flat-out that I didn't give a fuck (in softer terms) and would take a refund in steambux to spend on more Steam games, still got denied.
How long did you wait until asking for refund? Valve can be pretty dickish if you go over the arbitrary time limit.

Haha, because ruining someone's life will definitely make everything better!
I get we're all peeved but seriously he doesn't even seem like that bad a guy. Don't need to fucking bully him.
While I agree that ruining someone's life over this is too much, he did cause most of the problems by dancing around every single question about the game. His lies were few, but he did go out of his way to not correct false assumptions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: September 30, 2016, 08:19:34 pm »

Were not allowed to discuss that game anymore, remember? Threads locked because of it...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: September 30, 2016, 08:20:10 pm »

Hey, I haven't bullied him. Just cheered in righteous fury and satisfaction over all the NMS hypebois I've been dealing with for the past three years as Sean Murray's entire company and hope at ever making a game again are burned to ashes tripping over the ire of Sony, Steam, Amazon, millions of gamers, and now the ASA.

Everybody who bought into NMS deserves part of the blame for encouraging it, but Hello Games are the true culprits.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: September 30, 2016, 08:21:48 pm »

I would have to agree, to an extent. Personal harm aside, he kinda deserves to be lambasted a bit.

He must've known that the game wasn't going to be able to deliver on a lot of the promises he made, at least right off the bat.

It's... not impossible he was deluding himself to the point that he truly believed that what he was saying was true, but daaaaamm, to the extent that lots of folk who played the game are saying this is not the game they were promised? That takes a special kind of crazy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: September 30, 2016, 08:24:13 pm »

It's npt a good idea to pick somebody as a good example of independent game development if they aren't. (Not saying anything about the quality of the game, since I have not played it and thus cannot offer accurate criticism)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: September 30, 2016, 08:24:25 pm »

The part where they talked about "rendering every individual atom" is the most egregious part, in my opinion. Had I known that was said I would have been outright laughing at NMS for the past year instead of just not boarding the hypetrain.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: September 30, 2016, 08:27:40 pm »

The part where they talked about "rendering every individual atom" is the most egregious part, in my opinion. Had I known that was said I would have been outright laughing at NMS for the past year instead of just not boarding the hypetrain.
Wait, when was this said? I need to see it for myself.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: September 30, 2016, 08:36:29 pm »

Wait, when was this said? I need to see it for myself.
Disclaimer: Of all the lies they've told, this is probably the only one they actually backed off on a while before release, and like most of the lies it tries to be noncommital as to maybe come off as a metaphor instead of a solid claim.

Loath as I am to link to Polygon, it's in here. Even though it's not a quote, "every atom procedural" shows up in other places, and so I can only assume it's something Hello Games were telling the press to say.

The big story I heard, but cannot track down in the mess that is now google results for NMS, is that they claimed having to change how the "elements" worked mid-development to get atmospheres that were consistently green. Problem is, "element" is now such a strongly associated word I can't find anything with it now.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 879