Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560889 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8076 guffaws and counting
« Reply #7875 on: October 11, 2017, 07:13:54 pm »

It took me several minutes to figure that out.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: October 12, 2017, 05:46:23 am »

-snip-

Is that Inspiro-bot generated picture?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: October 13, 2017, 05:31:15 am »

140 thousand Balinese report that they are getting very bored of waiting for the volcano.

They were evacuated from their homes about a week ago, as the Balinese volcano Gunung Agung shows many signs of being about to erupt.
Yet more than a week has passed, and it still hasn't erupted yet.

Meanwhile, 140 thousand Balinese are sleeping in emergency shelter locations at a safe distance from the volcano, remaining suprisingly calm with the situation, boredom being just about the only complaint.
It is unknown how long the Balinese will have to wait. Volcanoes are fickle.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: October 14, 2017, 01:29:06 pm »

L. O. L.

Real "Cowboy Bebop at his computer" material.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: October 14, 2017, 02:17:48 pm »

Definitely.

That reminds me, there was this book written by a guy on sexualization in media, and an excerpt from his anime chapter was in a web article. He managed to refer to "highly sexually charged material" such as Tenga Toppen Guren Lagann and Urotsukidoji in the same sentence. For anyone not in the know, Urotsukidoji was the first tentacle rape/gore/splatter hentai film. While TTGL is an action-adventure series in which one of the girl characters merely happens to wears a bikini top. It's equivalent to saying that American media consists of nothing but highly sexually charged material such as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer and 2 Girls 1 Cup".

And then the writer kindly offered a caveat: "of course, not all anime is highly sexually charged". At this point I thought "oh he's going to acknowledge some other stuff" ... but then it continued ", some of it is for children". -_-
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:35:13 pm by Reelya »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: October 14, 2017, 03:03:20 pm »

And then the writer kindly offered a caveat: "of course, not all anime is highly sexually charged". At this point I thought "oh he's going to acknowledge some other stuff" ... but then it continued ", some of it is for children". -_-

(TVTropes warning)

Because we all know there's no such thing as a middle ground! Either it's crazy violent or sweeter than sugar, and if you don't agree with me, you're clearly part of the problem and need to be eliminated! [/s]

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: October 15, 2017, 03:59:21 pm »

Ever been in bed next to a loved one and feel a bit of pressure building but don't wanna wake them up so you try to let it go quietly, and it makes a "brrn-brrn... brrnnn" sound so they turn to you and say "You just farted the opening to Fancy" by Iggy Azalea?

...no?

>.>

Me either.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: October 15, 2017, 04:13:22 pm »

If you can't at least fart Sandstorm then forget it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: October 15, 2017, 09:38:56 pm »

"What fart is this?"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: October 16, 2017, 02:35:23 am »

If you can't at least fart Sandstorm then forget it.
T.T

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: October 16, 2017, 10:59:15 pm »

Been playing some OSRS. After that one quest where male characters have to get a sex change to solve one of the puzzles I was lazy and didn't swap back. Inside of thirty minutes was the first person randomly giving me money. The rate of people bothering to talk while grinding doubled or more, and people will just walk up and try to hold conversations when they're passing by or before they worldhop to look for an open grind spot.

Honestly, lol. Can definitely understand how so many people made bank catfishing horny idiots back in the day.

3. Run Resize Enable

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: October 16, 2017, 11:05:39 pm »

Been playing some OSRS. After that one quest where male characters have to get a sex change to solve one of the puzzles I was lazy and didn't swap back. Inside of thirty minutes was the first person randomly giving me money. The rate of people bothering to talk while grinding doubled or more, and people will just walk up and try to hold conversations when they're passing by or before they worldhop to look for an open grind spot.

Honestly, lol. Can definitely understand how so many people made bank catfishing horny idiots back in the day.
OSRS?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: October 16, 2017, 11:08:46 pm »

OSRS?

Old-School Runescape. Product of Jagex realizing they fucked the pooch after the bulk of the playerbase left. It's mostly ~'07 vintage with some extra stuff. Still too far in the development timeline for my taste, and full of efficiency-robot morons who'd be better off in a KRMMO grinder, but better than nothing.

3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: October 17, 2017, 12:27:09 am »

I've gotta say, I'm kinda surprised you got a membership. I distinctly recall that you strongly advised me not to get one when a thread for OSRS was made a couple years back.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: October 17, 2017, 09:32:19 am »

I've gotta say, I'm kinda surprised you got a membership. I distinctly recall that you strongly advised me not to get one when a thread for OSRS was made a couple years back.
If that was me, it was probably salt over how they totally ignored the community desire for it to be '07 stasis.

With bonds though you can just buy membership time with GP. I bought a one-month sub and there are plenty of ways to make 3m gp fairly quickly, enough that you'll earn bonds faster than they run out.

Also it didn't entirely go to shit, even if the community is 90% sweaty neckbeards now, which is not what I would have predicted. Of course if they try to bring mtx or go full RS3 again I'm done.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 879