Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nilashok: Dwarven Penetentary. And So it begins  (Read 2384 times)

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nilashok: Dwarven Penetentary. And So it begins
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 12:28:01 pm »

This might turn out fun. I'd like to have the other miner please, name Servu.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 04:09:41 pm »

Rith Bomrekkifed:

Fall has come around.  I was detailing plans for the Main Jail structure to Legon.  Legon seemed to approve of the structure, but poitned out that we'd need a lot of metal for that.   Agreeing with him, and expecting our first detachment of criminals very soon, I told the Miners to focus more on an area for some Forges.  They seemed to resent my issuing orders, but after Legon spoke with them about the plans and how we needed the metal soon, they begrudgingly started work.  Things are only halfway completed, but things look promising.

The first supply Caravan arrived.  Unfourtunatly, a poorly placed Boulder in front of the drawbridge left the wagons without a way into our protected corral, so the supplies they carried where lacking.   However, I spoke with our liason and ordered the items we needed... Wood for buckets and beds, and metal for bars and maybe more buckets and the like.    The only thing they had worth taking was some Leather.

For some reason, they asked if we had any spare items lying around, to prove to the mountainhomes we existed.  A couple of Mechanisms and hastily constructed rock mugs seemed to satisfy them.  It wasn't like we needed them, so we parted with them quite happily.

No one seemed to be mad at me taking charge of the negotiations about supplies... but considering I was a trader before being assigned out here, it is to be expected.

As the Caravan was leaving, I couldn't help but one of the guards notice a Camel wandering about.  It is the desert, so this did not surprise me.   What DID surprise me was how he immediately leapt at it, battle axe drawn, slaying the poor creature immediately.  I made a note to look out for him next year, and keep my distance.

Weather:  Still raining.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:11:57 pm by kurisukun »

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 05:38:50 pm »

Dairy of Legon

I had just finished hooking up our new drawbridge today when I thought I saw 3 figures in the distance.  I blinked and Immediatly rose a shout.  Rith was the first person to appear.   This didn't surprise me that much, as she spends most of her days not doing anything other than counting our things.  I understand it's good to have an accurate messurement of our food, but... The Jails aren't done yet.  It's been a year.  Sure, the rooms have been dug out, but the Security systems aren't in place, nor is the plumbing.  Rith wanted to throw them in right away, but I immediatly poitned out that things weren't nearly ready.   I didn't have nearly enough mechanisms for our purposes just yet.

She didn't quite understand why we couldn't simply throw them in and lock the door.  I can see life is going to be difficult here.

Of our 3 people, 1 was a Cheese maker who happened to be handy with a needle.  He was here to preform odd-job tasks.  The other two, some peasant and a Gem Cutter, where our first 2 prisoners.  I should probably leave and go participate in the discussion of what to do with them right now.

Also, I have found a cache of animals which will make excellent guards nearby.   I've formulated a plan for their capture, which is neccessary before most of our plans can proceed.  Of course, doing so requires cages.  Luckily, Rith seems capable of creating very strong glass cages.  Progress is slow, but is expected to pick up shortly.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 06:01:36 pm »

Do you plan on using a memory editing program?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 06:09:33 pm »

Do you plan on using a memory editing program?

No.  Although I will be modding a little bit here and there.   And messing with init stuff. For example, right now, My max pop is 7 (and 3 people showed up?) and invasions are turned off till I get the jail finished.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 06:18:49 pm »

:'(

Why not?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 06:25:41 pm »

:'(

Why not?

Because at the moment there's nothing I want to do involving memory edits.

elwessweettea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »

Ok, thank you: modification:

The Head Chef is taken with an Effervescent Name Mood! She declares her new name is Sweet Tea. In a fit of verbosity, she declares that she has come to guard those who would make the kingdom oppressive, and to defend liberty by preventing those who would tear it down from having the liberty to do so. Don't ask quite how this makes sense, but Sweet Tea is a firm believer in liberty.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 04:00:59 pm »

She had to see the irony of it all, plotting to kill the king because of his tyrannical, unintelligent imprisoning and being foiled when she was imprisoned herself.

She didn't.

Might write a RP post. i'm lonly with nothing to do.

Fear me
Pages: 1 [2]