Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bloodiest death  (Read 8811 times)

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bloodiest death
« on: January 01, 2012, 04:32:07 pm »

What's the bloodiest death you've ever seen? It can be anybody, not just you.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodiest death
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 04:41:51 pm »

Well, its from the Pony Mod (bear with me here). The Buffalo are, quite fankly, huge. As such, when one hits lava, they bleed. A whole lot. Actualy, my bloodyest death was surviving a Dragonfire blast head-on, and then dying from the wounds a few moments later. Not before slaying the dragon, but still.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:23:24 pm »

It was in fortress mode, but it's still really bloody.
An ambush squad of goblin bowmen appeared. The military ran out with the militia commander in front. Then he got hit by some arrows and decided to retreat back into the fortress. He gave in to pain RIGHT on top of the weapon trap with 10 picks in it. As you might know, picks are extremely effective at removing limbs. Almost immediately, he lost all his arms and legs. He woke up, crawled out of the trap, and then crawled back in and got hit again. He kept doing this until he bled to death, after taking a LOT of hits to the upper body, destroying almost all his organs.

It's a miracle his head didn't get ripped clean off.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:25:59 pm »

One kobold thief, unarmored, armed with only a copper knife, against 7 enraged giant badgers.

The floor was painted red.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 11:47:18 pm »

It was in fortress mode, but it's still really bloody.
An ambush squad of goblin bowmen appeared. The military ran out with the militia commander in front. Then he got hit by some arrows and decided to retreat back into the fortress. He gave in to pain RIGHT on top of the weapon trap with 10 picks in it. As you might know, picks are extremely effective at removing limbs. Almost immediately, he lost all his arms and legs. He woke up, crawled out of the trap, and then crawled back in and got hit again. He kept doing this until he bled to death, after taking a LOT of hits to the upper body, destroying almost all his organs.

It's a miracle his head didn't get ripped clean off.

He deserves a memorial, surely.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 05:47:37 pm »

One kobold thief, unarmored, armed with only a copper knife, against 7 enraged giant badgers.

The floor was painted red.

The poor badgers.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:23 pm »

An Ogress bellows at me some foul challenge. I smile, and back out without turning. She and her foul mate chase me out, right into the peasants awaiting. Bolt, knife and axe descend, and I realise there was a family of Ogres within. The Peasants kill most of the Ogres, but one particularly wizened Ogress with a copper cleaver kills them to the last. I remember my first companion, a woodcutter swinging her steel great axe at the beasts's head, only to have it batted aside, and have the Ogress bite into her shoulder, and spill her guts over the floor. I cut off the Ogress's horn with my my silver shortsword, maimed her leg with my steel two hand sword, and repeatedly cave in her skull with her own horn. She manages to break my ear with the cleaver, which never healed - before dying. I loot the corpses of anything of worth, and I realise there are even more Ogre spawn deeper in the pit, and proceed to throw knives at them until they cross the distance, the point where I raise my many swords. That Adventurer since killed many night creatures, becoming a hero in two civilisations and over two dozen towns. He currently crossed the mountain range the Axe of Lions, killing over 30 giant eagles and taking a feather for each one, reaching the two peaks and is looking for the next human civ, on the other side of the map to become a hero in yet more eyes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »

As detailed in the What's Going on in Your Adventures thread; here

I tried to kill a female emperor dragon, which took me about 30 minutes real-time discounting what time I spent writing the post. The dragon ended up looking like a pile of random guts and gore spread across the room before she finally bled out. The post is fairly accurate as far as combat reports go, my choice of writing style not withstanding.

Turns out a human with a little pick axe isn't actually capable of quickly killing an animal twice the size of a brachiosaurus. So much gore...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:25 am »

How'd you guess it was the badgers? ;)

That death has just been mauled horribly by the massacre at Autumnbells of tens of innocent lizardmen by a particularly insane elf. Organs scattered all over the floor. Brains splattered on the walls. The entire town, covered in deep crimson red.

It's......beautifull...

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 02:27:50 pm »

I stabbed a bandit in the middle finger and he ran off bleeding every step until I finally cut his head off about 15 turns later, bloody forest from just a finger though.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »

Well, one time I had this horde of peasants, since all the fortresses were abandoned, I went and headed off to attack whatever I felt like. (I did a lot of quests, so I had like 20 peasants with me) I had to kill a dragon. I was like "ok, dragon, lets kill it." So I entered the cave and made my way to the dragon. After an uneventful fight, in it's dieing breaths it shot out fire, spewing it across the walls and floor of its cave. Most peasants dodged it, and those that lit up ran off screaming to go die somewhere. We killed the dragon a few seconds later, and started to escape.
Well, it turns out that along with peasants, all the masterwork crutches it kept in its cave were highly flammable as well.

the horror....
the horror...

I escaped with a partially melted face, one of the most unscathed. As you probably know, melting makes things bleed, not only was my face spurting blood, but every single peasant was either running around spewing their intestines into the woods, or dead on the ground, seeping blood into the grass. I waited an hour (you know, with Z) and went back into the cave to add to my collection of coins. the moment I stepped in, I began to melt again.  by this time half of my peasants had died, and I only realized now, the dragon knew it was going to die when it used the fire.  It held back from using fire, because it didn't want to clean up the mess.  The corpses littered the place, and blood spattered all of the walls and floor. ALL of the walls and floor.  I ran out again, this time my leg was melting. another peasant died, and I waited 8 hours this time.  When I went back in, I took the coins, and then sprinted out of that gore covered forest.  there were also assorted limbs lying around the cave.

Only dragons know how to kill that well, or rocs, they kill that well too. (but without the fire)

On a side note, one time I was cutting biting off all of the fingers of everyone in a town, because I could.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 07:31:13 pm »

Moose man family, huddling inside an alcove. I set the centremost tree on fire, and hack off their feet or spill their guts so they can't escape. Once the smoke has cleared, I quickly decapitate the survivors, except for the foremost. That one, I hack his feet off and stab him in the lower body. He repeatedly vomits. I cut his eyes. Hack off his right antler, and proceed to kill all of them with the severed antler.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 07:37:38 pm »

Moose man family, huddling inside an alcove. I set the centremost tree on fire, and hack off their feet or spill their guts so they can't escape. Once the smoke has cleared, I quickly decapitate the survivors, except for the foremost. That one, I hack his feet off and stab him in the lower body. He repeatedly vomits. I cut his eyes. Hack off his right antler, and proceed to kill all of them with the severed antler.

That's kind of fethed up, even for DF

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 07:50:19 pm »

My adventurer just spent a month in the mountains eating the hearts of Giant Eagles. He kills Boogeymen for fun. Animalmen for sport. WHAT HAVE I CREATED

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 07:52:46 pm »

You have just created one of Armok's many avatars on this world.

I salute you again.
Pages: [1] 2 3