Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 92336 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 1 - We still hate vacations
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2010, 03:56:21 pm »

Wasting someone because he isnt here all the time isnt cool because I am good just not all the time.

There isn't anything worth reading in this post Org.

That took me about 3 seconds... truely your ninja skills are incredibly accute.

Alas, my devious plan to give Org a Brohug has been revealed to the world. I may as well give up now.

You admit it then.
Why pushin it brosky?

I plan to not let scum get away?

D'aww, Org loves me too. Feel the Bromance.

Also, Toony has hereby KICKED REASON TO THE CURB, and for it has temporarily lost what credibility he had with me.

My Scumspects given what I know now, in no particular order, are:
- Toonyman, for fetching your drill, and tunnelling on a player using logic that could apply to anyone(could just be a preoccupation with offing Org though), and your twitchy playstyle.
- Forsaken111, for defensively casting unfocused suspicion on everyone when prompted, followed by confronting a lynch vote head on only to passively accept it ("Sure, go ahead and vote for me!"). Universal suspicion is tolerable, but says nothing, and is an easy out for scum, who by default know who to trust, and have to take some time to warm up to their false townie "persona".

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:43 pm »

Vector says a lot while saying very little. She thinks Janus is town, Person is Scum, and Web is unreadable, and gives no reasons for any of these opinions.

It's day 1.  Having any evidence at all is great, having an opion is good enough at this point.  At least she posted opinions without making it sound like teeth were being pulled.

Toony is less crazy than usual. Did you get new medication toon?

This one's true.  From just the first day guess, Toony is probably either town or has managed to completely revise his scum game.

I don't know Jokerman-EXE but his posts seems wordy and still strangely devoid of relevant content. He likes to confirm other people's statements.

This is normal.  The second half is not terribly useful and usually a scumtell though, so that's a good sign.

Jim seems defensive when accused of defending Org, but this is understandable to a point. He demands that Toony provide evidence against Org when he himself provides none FOR Org.

To be fair, Org is impossible to read.  So lynching him before the end of the game is a semi-viable if not praiseworthy strategy.

Webadict is webadict, unjustified ego big as the moon. He's playing the same as he usually does.

Webadict is nothing like he was last game.  This is a good thing.

Is that enough? I have a headache.

It's enough for a decent post, but it would be nice if people didn't have to push to get them out of you.

I can sympathize with the headache though.  Take some head-drugs, take a nap, whatever helps and come back later.  :D

For the time being, I'll unvote and post more in a little bit.

*pet peeve of mine*

Please actually do come back and post more later when you say you will.  Otherwise it looks rather-over-much like you are acting helpful without doing anything as such.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2010, 04:00:57 pm »

Yes, I know. I will.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »

From my attacks thus far I concur that Org, Solifuge, and Jim Groovster are the scum team.

Org reactions to my attack were one of OMGUS and invalid content.
Solifuge is a refugee in audacity.
Jim is a over-defensive dude protecting someone he does not know.

That is all. (for now)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2010, 04:29:16 pm »

Quote from: Solifuge
I am going to vote Kashyyk  as well. I've got an ox-cart loaded with Dixieland musicians, and nowhere to steer it.
Saaaame again.  What reaction would you be looking for after this vote?

ProTip: The reaction I'm looking for is not Kashyyk's. >.o
Whose is it then?

I invariably feel bad that Org gets the lynchmobile pointed toward him at the start of just about every game. Reminds me of the one kid who always gets picked last for the kickball team, and then never gets a chance at the plate.

He's a Doctor, Jim, not a Doppleganger!

Anywho, did you see what I did there Kashyyk, or did Sweet Lemon Brown and the Louisiana Kings distract you with the melodious tunes comming from their station wagon? Or were you perhaps too dazzled by my amazing deductive ability? Scum on day 1... how DO I do it?
This looks like unbelievably clumsy chainsaw defence to me.  My question is: Why are you doing it?

I take it back. I've seen your utopia wintuition and it is more like a fruitopia failtuition.
So why did you say it in the first place?  What, is Pandar accusing you of buddying enough to make you back the hell away?

Why are you pushing a lynch on him scum?
Quite a big change in opinion, here.  What makes you think Org is town now?

Time to put your written communication skills to work.

Can ToonyMan:
1) Put forth a thesis.
2) Find supporting evidence.
3) Convincingly argue his thesis.

I suspect ToonyMan cannot. So, until he can, ToonyMan.
Wait.  You're criticising him for voting Org and then vote him with VERY VERY similar reasons?
Time to put your written communication skills to work.

Can ToonyMan:
1) Put forth a thesis.
2) Find supporting evidence.
3) Convincingly argue his thesis.

Wait.  You're criticising him for voting Org and then vote him with VERY VERY similar reasons?

Sup
Solifuge is buddying
Toonyman

I agree on Solifuge.

Would you do me a favor and explain your vote on Toony? Is it more than retribution? A good reason and a bit more participation would go a long way towards proving that you intend to be useful this round.
This is a ridiculously mild way of addressing Org.No questions about whether or not he's scum, just advice to him on how to play better.  And agreeing.  Oh god, the buddying.

From my attacks thus far I concur that Org, Solifuge, and Jim Groovster are the scum team.

Org reactions to my attack were one of OMGUS and invalid content.
Solifuge is a refugee in audacity.
Jim is a over-defensive dude protecting someone he does not know.

That is all. (for now)
WHY ARE YOU PROVIDING A SCUMTEAM SO EARLY

Although I do agree that Jim and Solifuge require further examination.  They're both defending Org and attacking his attackers for no apparent reason.  Jim also seemed to switch positions, which was strange.

Org himself is currently fairly null.  He acts fairly randomly in many situations... I'd understand fighting a policy lynch, but I don't see why people would be calling him town at this point.  Forsaken has been doing some of the same too.

This was the scumhunting part of the post.  What follows will be the Lynch All Lurkers analysis.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2010, 04:35:49 pm »

Webadict is webadict, unjustified ego big as the moon. He's playing the same as he usually does.

Webadict is nothing like he was last game.  This is a good thing.
Wasn't I town last time?

Yes, I know. I will.
RedWarrior0.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2010, 04:39:28 pm »

I'll give a simple figure:
Amount of time that has passed since player's last post (rounded off to nearest hour)

Leafsnail - 0
ToonyMan - 0
RedWarrior0 - 0
JanusTwoface - 1
Solifuge - 1
Vector - 1
Org - 1
Forsaken - 1
Jim Groovester - 2
Jokerman-EXE  - 3
webadict - 5
Eduren - 6
Kashyyk - 11
Pandarsenic - 13

Aaaand that's everyone.  Looking ok so far.  I'll make these every now and again so noone slips under the radar.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2010, 04:41:58 pm »

The rasky Webadict can change the flow of time!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2010, 04:43:03 pm »

The rasky Webadict can change the flow of time!
MUAHAHAHA! I'M THE TIMEBENDER! NOW TO WILL YOU OUT OF EXISTENCE AGAIN!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2010, 05:24:19 pm »

I was asked for my opinion on people and I gave it. And I do have a headache. This is your reason for voting me? Fine.
No toonyman.
THis si why:I have things, like sleep and school. I can't just post whenever, site is banned at school and stuff. Duh.
Stop pushing a wagon bro
That wasn't a response to you Org.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »

Eh, still within 24 hours, I don't care too much :P.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2010, 05:51:00 pm »

I take it back. I've seen your utopia wintuition and it is more like a fruitopia failtuition.
So why did you say it in the first place?  What, is Pandar accusing you of buddying enough to make you back the hell away?

It was a question to throw out there at the beginning of the game to get people talking. I made a snide response because it made me smile.

Why are you pushing a lynch on him scum?
Quite a big change in opinion, here.  What makes you think Org is town now?

I haven't seen evidence of Org being scum yet. Where did my opinion change?

So what, I'm a hypocrite.

Although I do agree that Jim and Solifuge require further examination.  They're both defending Org and attacking his attackers for no apparent reason.  Jim also seemed to switch positions, which was strange.

Coward.

Is it too much to say you suspect me, instead of weaseling out and saying I "require further examination" or that I look "strange"? I would think you were town if you did. But you didn't so I think you're scum.

I'll give a simple figure:
Amount of time that has passed since player's last post (rounded off to nearest hour)

Leafsnail - 0
ToonyMan - 0
RedWarrior0 - 0
JanusTwoface - 1

Aaaand that's everyone.  Looking ok so far.  I'll make these every now and again so noone slips under the radar.

"Hey, look, everybody. I'm participating by making useless contributions!"

Did you really need to count how many hours ago people posted? Is there any meaning about how long ago people posted? No, not at all. You may as well count the number of posts between their last and the current post, and use that as a rubric of participation instead. It will still be meaningless.

So why did you bother tabulating the number of hours? There's no meaning behind it since people have lives and are not always available to posting. I don't care that that's what you were going to do, it's still completely useless. Did you do it just to be able to make fluff posts where you don't ruffle any feathers by suspecting anyone? That's what I think anyway.

Unvote ToonyMan. This seems familiar to the crap you were pulling in Toon Mafia 6, so enjoy your spot on my scum shortlist, Leafsnail.

I'm still rebooting after a total mental shutdown on Tuesday.  I'm pretty sure Person is scum and Solifuge is town, but telling you precisely why is very hard (if not impossible) right now.  ToonyMan seems like town to me at the moment, though I may change my opinion on that one D2.

I dislike that you've created for yourself an excuse for lurking, apparently through Day 2. Whether the excuse is legitimate or not does not concern me at the moment. Suffice it to say, I'm going to keep my one you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2010, 05:53:34 pm »

Jim sounds like he needs a hug.

Jim, I suspect you buddy. Don't feel left out. :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »

Don't buddy.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2010, 05:56:48 pm »

Don't buddy.

He buddies to me by suspecting me?

Strange mafia game we're playing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 58