Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Game over!  (Read 92679 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 15 - Day 1 - 1 Replacement Requested
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2010, 03:51:46 pm »

Ive been gone for like seventeen hours geez.

Two more and you'd have missed the end of the day.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22:57 pm »

Short version:
- RedWarrior, where is this 'more later' post you promised?
- Leafsnail is posting data only to post, there are better data sets to collect
- Forsaken still sounds scummy and isn't being terribly useful
- Forsaken and Leafsnail made posts including Eduren, webadict voted
- Org is being more useful but is too role focused

Right now (if I've counted correctly) we have a four way tie on forsaken, Org, Solifuge, and ToonyMan.

Jim, Vector, Kashyyk, and Webadict, you are the four not voting for one of the first four.  To each of you, which of the first list do you find most scummy right now (seeing as the day ends today)?

As I recall, I'm actually voting for Leafsnail right now. Reasons were making useless overtures to demonstrate towniness, and by calling for further examination on me instead of openly suspecting me. This may not be completely relevant right now since it's a few days old, but you asked a question, so I answered.

Jim is being dumb, but I've played with scum Jim and town Jim fairly recently, and this definately looks like town Jim.  Scum Jim is passive to a ridiculous degree (think Para 14).

Hmm. So quick to declare me town after I accuse you of being scum? Interesting.

Regardless, I find your answers perfectly reasonable even though I still don't like all the lurker counts you've been doing. Thus I will unvote for the time being.

All right for now. Unvote Org, vote Jim Groovester for my prior reasons.

I don't know what these prior reasons are. You've accused me and I don't know what for. Was it because I opposed an Org policy lynch? That's right, I think it was. I still stand by my opposition to it.

And finally,

I think Jokerman-EXE is scum. His posts all bear the smell of cautious scum. Too careful to accuse anyone outright, being wishy washy about who he suspects. I could give a more detailed analysis of my suspicions but that's the general impression I get.

So, I'm going to Object to an Extension because all of you apparently wanted to extend because there was a tie. Tada! Tie broken.

Also, Pandarsenic is probably scum. I wish I could put my finger on why I think this is the case. He's posted frequently, but it doesn't seem like he's really done all that much. He's accused Org, accused me, been obstinate about his vote on Org, then gone back to accusing me, and that's pretty much it. I think he'd be doing more if he were town instead of latching onto Org and myself.

Also, webadict is full of shit, being deliberately evasive about answering simple questions, being a general tool, but that's nothing new. If he continues to do this, well, nobody will be able listen to what he has to say, because he was being deliberately evasive and didn't bother to put out his suspicions for everybody to look at.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

The Whiteboard
forsaken1111: Jokerman-EXE, Org, Solifuge
Jim Groovester: Pandarsenic
Jokerman-EXE: Jim Groovester, Mr.Person, ToonyMan
Kashyyk: Leafsnail
Pandarsenic: Vector
RedWarrior0: JanusTwoface, webadict
webadict: forsaken1111

Day currently ends in ~2.5 hours. We have 1 net vote for an extension (2 for, 1 against)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2010, 04:37:59 pm »

Oh, oops. I was looking at the last votecount and missed Leafsnail unvoting Jokerman-EXE. So I guess I didn't break the tie.

In that case, I'll Remove my Extension Objection.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2010, 04:40:21 pm »

We have two votes for an Extension. Two more would be needed to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2010, 04:43:26 pm »

Extension
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2010, 04:48:21 pm »

Oh, oops. I was looking at the last votecount and missed Leafsnail unvoting Jokerman-EXE. So I guess I didn't break the tie.

So you voted to 'break the tie' and now that you realize that your vote created a tie situation you don't change it?

You removed your objection to the extension but did not vote for one. Do you want a tie situation?

For my part, I'll throw in for an extension.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 19, 2010, 04:55:11 pm »

Day is now extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.

There will be no further Extensions.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 19, 2010, 05:05:12 pm »

I think Jokerman-EXE is scum. His posts all bear the smell of cautious scum. Too careful to accuse anyone outright, being wishy washy about who he suspects. I could give a more detailed analysis of my suspicions but that's the general impression I get.

*goes back*

However, something stuck out to me much MUCH more:

If you're trying to cast suspicion on me, save your breath. Just answer the damn question.

Seriously? This is like...come on. What a feeble way to wrap up your attack. "Here's my evidence against you! It's so good, you can't even think about accusing me!" Honestly, it juts made me more suspicious of you, forsaken. What was your reasoning here? Why shouldn't he try to cast suspicion on you, if that's the point of the game?
Good job, you siezed upon the least important part of the post. I said that because I was already majority voted, so he may as well save his breath.

See I'm not worried about living, I am worried about exposing scum. Day will end, and you will see that I was Town. I hope then you will remember Web's actions here and not be fooled by his sudden backpedaling.

Whoa, that looks like an accusation there.

In response to forsaken (I totally didn't even see this post until I went back to read the thread), I'd like to point out that while you did answer the question I was asking, you were incredibly defensive about it. At the same time, I feel that you're being genuine about what you're saying, and coupled with the fact that you actually answered the question, I'll unvote you for now.

In rereading the thread, I've found that Pandarsenic has done several scummy things.

First, he's jumped on Jim and stayed there. While not scummy in itself, the majority of his posts since the initial accusation have been active lurks/prods for Jim to come back, and that seems suspicious to me. Also:

I know that was half-assed, thus the "for now." You've stated two people you claim are suspicious and I want to deal with Jim, but you're not off the hook. I just want to deal with someone other than you for now because god knows I don't have the patience to keep this up forever. That's your whole strategy as scum though, so... ugh.

Still waiting for the rest of this.

Does that satisfy you, Groovestar?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2010, 05:05:40 pm »

*goes back*

However, something stuck out to me much MUCH more:

If you're trying to cast suspicion on me, save your breath. Just answer the damn question.

Seriously? This is like...come on. What a feeble way to wrap up your attack. "Here's my evidence against you! It's so good, you can't even think about accusing me!" Honestly, it juts made me more suspicious of you, forsaken. What was your reasoning here? Why shouldn't he try to cast suspicion on you, if that's the point of the game?
Good job, you siezed upon the least important part of the post. I said that because I was already majority voted, so he may as well save his breath.

See I'm not worried about living, I am worried about exposing scum. Day will end, and you will see that I was Town. I hope then you will remember Web's actions here and not be fooled by his sudden backpedaling.

Whoa, that looks like an accusation there.

In response to forsaken (I totally didn't even see this post until I went back to read the thread), I'd like to point out that while you did answer the question I was asking, you were incredibly defensive about it. At the same time, I feel that you're being genuine about what you're saying, and coupled with the fact that you actually answered the question, I'll unvote you for now.

In rereading the thread, I've found that Pandarsenic has done several scummy things.

First, he's jumped on Jim and stayed there. While not scummy in itself, the majority of his posts since the initial accusation have been active lurks/prods for Jim to come back, and that seems suspicious to me. Also:

I know that was half-assed, thus the "for now." You've stated two people you claim are suspicious and I want to deal with Jim, but you're not off the hook. I just want to deal with someone other than you for now because god knows I don't have the patience to keep this up forever. That's your whole strategy as scum though, so... ugh.

Still waiting for the rest of this.

Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2010, 05:14:13 pm »

Forums mess up on you? Its been glitching on me all day.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2010, 05:20:15 pm »

Actually, since Kashyyk is being replaced and is not lurking, I'll unvote, and revote Jokerman.

His most recent post isn't so much a defence as an attempt to appease Jim at the last minute.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 19, 2010, 05:23:38 pm »

No. Not especially.

First, you backpedal off your vote on forsaken1111, and then you... what? Pander to my suspicions? (More like Pandar to my suspicions. Get it? Get it?)

That doesn't really convince me that you're not scum. Sorry, vote stays.

So you voted to 'break the tie' and now that you realize that your vote created a tie situation you don't change it?

You removed your objection to the extension but did not vote for one. Do you want a tie situation?

For my part, I'll throw in for an extension.

I did not vote to break the tie. I voted for who I thought was scum.

Because I have my vote on who I thought was scum, I have no reason to change my vote even if I did inadvertently create a tie situation.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 19, 2010, 05:33:45 pm »

Jim, I'm tempted to keep my vote on you for the "Pandar to my suspicions joke" but I appreciate bad puns and OMGUS votes like the one you just cast, good job there by the way, and now that you're playing, which is what the Lynch All Lurkers (and Activelurkers) policy is meant to enforce...

Unvote Jim Groovester, vote RedWarrior0 because fuck RedWarrior0's refusal to be useful. He's figured out he can't just lurk to victory as scum so he's posting just enough that we remember him posting but I don't recall him posting anything useful.

THIS IS MAFIA. IF YOU'RE NOT BEING USEFUL I'LL VOTE YOU BECAUSE WE ARE NOT.

ALLOWING.

LURKERS.

TO RUIN.

THIS.

GAME.

That is all.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2010, 05:37:37 pm »

Jim, I'm tempted to keep my vote on you for the "Pandar to my suspicions joke" but I appreciate bad puns and OMGUS votes like the one you just cast, good job there by the way, and now that you're playing, which is what the Lynch All Lurkers (and Activelurkers) policy is meant to enforce...

OMGUS vote? I don't recall casting one of those.

I believe all I've done is OMGFOSed you.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58