Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 17875 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 1 - The Party Gets Started [5/5]
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 08:09:09 pm »

DS: If you could have any person in this game on your scumteam, who would it be?
I've only played with you and OSG, and of you two I have more experience with you, so... you.

OSG: Why no rvs questions?
hector: How do you feel about your name not being blue?
TDS: How would you use a vengekill?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 08:12:26 pm »

TDS: How would you use a vengekill?

If I didn't suspect anyone before and then got lynched, I would vengekill the hammerer. If I suspected someone enough to offset that, I'd shoot them.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 08:19:11 pm »

I would certainly vote for someone if they contradict themselves or lie. I would fos people if they refuse to answer questions or answer vaguely.

I am a mathematical person, and I calculated that the mafia has a 60% chance to win and Town has 40% chance assuming all lynches and vengeful kills are random. However, if the scum are blatant or obvious, it should even the odds. This should be an interesting game.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 08:38:10 pm »

Oh, Jack AT, I love the thread subject  :D

TheDarkStar, you are more experienced then I am, when would you put a vote on somebody?

OSG: Why no rvs questions?
RVS in this kind of game seems extremely risky, I wanted to get my facts straight before I asked questions
Deathsword,why do you think my lack of questions is significant 1 hour after the game just started? Also, why is my name blue, does that mean you are fosing me? (I honestly don't know, please enlighten me)
Hector 13 If we could vote no-lynch, would you?
Scapheap would you be hesitant to put a hammer on somebody early on the day?

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 09:24:32 pm »

Hector 13 If we could vote no-lynch, would you?

Well we can't, so no.

Even if I could, the scum have no NK, so it wouldn't actually give us any information to no-lynch at all, so it serves no purpose but to increase the Dn counter, were n is the day number.

hector: How do you feel about your name not being blue?

I have no feeling over it. I would feel no pressure because it's not a vote, but I would at least know who you were leaning toward being scum.

hector: It's Day 2 and a town and the mafioso are dead. What is the first thing you do to figure out who the scum is?

Well in that instance, it would be because a townie got lynched and shot the mafia with their vengekill, so I would look back at D1 to see who was on the bandwagon and why. If they were good reasons, I'd look off the wagon for the last remaining scum.

OSG: Could you lay out the maths that lead you to your conclusion of a 60% mafia win? (yes, the blue is an FoS)

It's going to be very confusing having two players I want to call DS... would you mind calling each other star and sword?

DarkStar: you were scum in the sprint game I played with you, how will that affect your play in this game?

Scapheap: If we managed to lynch a scum player on D1, how would that influence your play in day 2?

Deathsword: Do you think a scum player will be more likely to push a mislynch or be the hammer? Give reasons for your answer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 10:05:03 pm »

Spoiler: my calculations (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »

I take it we don't get a vengekill on D2 then? :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 10:14:47 pm »

*If a townie is lynched D1, they get to immediately vengekill a player of their choice.  Vengekills should be in red.  Talking between

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 10:15:25 pm »

Ah well. That'll (probably not) teach me to make assumptions then :D

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2015, 10:18:44 pm »

If vengekills could happen on day 2, it would actually decrease to chance of town winning.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2015, 10:50:04 pm »

TheDarkStar, you are more experienced then I am, when would you put a vote on somebody?

No, OSG, I am not going to respond to the question I gave you. That is for you to answer.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 10:54:31 pm »

DarkStar: you were scum in the sprint game I played with you, how will that affect your play in this game?

It will remind me how scum think so that I can find them.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2015, 11:02:50 pm »

No, OSG, I am not going to respond to the question I gave you. That is for you to answer.
I did answer it.

I would certainly vote for someone if they contradict themselves or lie. I would fos people if they refuse to answer questions or answer vaguely.

I am a mathematical person, and I calculated that the mafia has a 60% chance to win and Town has 40% chance assuming all lynches and vengeful kills are random. However, if the scum are blatant or obvious, it should even the odds. This should be an interesting game.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2015, 11:31:14 pm »

Right.

Day 1, I'll vote for people who are behaving scummily. Lynching liars might be useful here because gambits are less likely. Vote patterns are another thing to base votes off of. Day 2, I'll take into account flips.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 03:27:56 am »

Scapheap: What do you think about the fact that I'm FoSing you?
I'll tell you as soon as someone tell me what that mean.
Scapheap would you be hesitant to put a hammer on somebody early on the day?
Assuming that mean vote, I have a bad feeling about Deathsword, but not enough to blindly vote right now so yes.
Scapheap: If we managed to lynch a scum player on D1, how would that influence your play in day 2?
If it was Deathsword, I'll would follow my gut since it seem to know the score. If not, I don't know...

Deathsword: How do you feel about my gut?
TheDarkStar: If you are lynched and you are town, who would you revenge kill?
origamiscienceguy: What song are listening to right now?
hector13: I'm not good at questions so I skip this one.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13