_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5761613 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17325 on: September 10, 2013, 11:30:00 am »

"I know, but it's important we take that control point as soon as possible. You can do that practically by yourself in that thing, Miyamoto. Once we have that under our control, taking the ARES should be easier. Once you have that secured, you can send down one or two of your team members to help if you think they would be more useful with me than holding the position."

(Also I thought we had only eight dudes on our team counting ourselves, RC. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17326 on: September 10, 2013, 11:37:32 am »

"I know, but it's important we take that control point as soon as possible. You can do that practically by yourself in that thing, Miyamoto. Once we have that under our control, taking the ARES should be easier. Once you have that secured, you can send down one or two of your team members to help if you think they would be more useful with me than holding the position."

(Also I thought we had only eight dudes on our team counting ourselves, RC. >.>)

"Very well, then I'll choose 2 troopers to accompany me on the way up, and the three of us will capture and hold the control room. The five of you then get down there as fast as you can. If you then get in a tough spot you can still call for backup."

((Indeed we do. Erm, clerical error. Yes, that's it. Editing now.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17327 on: September 10, 2013, 11:39:43 am »

(OK. What do you think of these teams?

*Jim
*Lukas
*Lars
*Mesk
*Flint

&

*Miyamoto
*Auron
*Bishop)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17328 on: September 10, 2013, 11:46:03 am »

(OK. What do you think of these teams?

*Jim
*Lukas
*Lars
*Mesk
*Flint

&

*Miyamoto
*Auron
*Bishop)

((Was going to propose pretty much the same thing. So, that's settled then?)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17329 on: September 10, 2013, 11:49:57 am »

(All that's left is to do it in character. ^^^)

"All right. No point in keeping the rest in suspense, right?" Jim turned to the group. "Miyamoto, I'm thinking of taking Lukas, Lars, Mesk, and Flint with me. No objections?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17330 on: September 10, 2013, 11:57:35 am »

((Updated the Mission Intel section and Team Status and Objectives section of my notes with the new info. Will update teams sometime soon.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17331 on: September 10, 2013, 12:03:55 pm »

(All that's left is to do it in character. ^^^)

"All right. No point in keeping the rest in suspense, right?" Jim turned to the group. "Miyamoto, I'm thinking of taking Lukas, Lars, Mesk, and Flint with me. No objections?"

"Very well, then Bishop, Auron and myself will take the control room so you guys have an easy way down."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17332 on: September 10, 2013, 12:06:25 pm »

"Sounds like a plan." Jim rolled his shoulders and cracked his knuckles. "So, Steve, when do we head out?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17333 on: September 10, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »

(That was Milno? I thought your previous avatar was your guy in that one Forum Game you and Dwarmin were in that Sadie was from. >.>; It's probably just that they were the same style...)
((He does look very similar to his character out ACoS, yes))
((Well, blame any similarity on my lack of enough skill.))
((@Caellath: Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about that gauntlet. Piecewise should add it in his cheat sheet. That's the one that lets you understand what other stuff is made of and how they work, right?))
((And apparently modify/forcecrush tech stuff. I haven't been using it because I had precious little ship time and because with great power comes great insanity.))

"Simus, Faith. You are coming with me and I just hope there is some way of disguising your bodies." Milno says, finally standing up and preparing to seek the armory master. Missions where he has to abandon the protective shell of his armor and put his fleshy, soft bits on the line are probably the worst ones, though at the very least he has already gone through this one in a VR machine.

Move to meet the AM for the mission's loadout and ask her: "What will the remaining members of my team do, by the way? Act as backup in case shit happens?"

((Had to choose them because I think Faith's aux bonus will be necessary, as will be Simus +1/3 to both aux and handiwork. Pancaek and Thomas will do whatever the people from my team will have to do.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17334 on: September 10, 2013, 12:12:58 pm »

(Oh, no, I didn't mean it that way. >.> It's just that you changed your avatar to that at about the same time Dwarmin put Sadie in his sig and I just assumed you were both using your ACoS characters...)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17335 on: September 10, 2013, 12:19:00 pm »

(Oh, no, I didn't mean it that way. >.> It's just that you changed your avatar to that at about the same time Dwarmin put Sadie in his sig and I just assumed you were both using your ACoS characters...)

((Oh, don't worry. That was Milno and he may look like a bit Nikolai due to the fact a) I'm still trying to learn how to draw faces (everything else too) and b) they are a bit alike in the end. Long black hair, young etc.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17336 on: September 10, 2013, 01:13:12 pm »

(That was Milno? I thought your previous avatar was your guy in that one Forum Game you and Dwarmin were in that Sadie was from. >.>; It's probably just that they were the same style...)
((@Caellath: Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about that gauntlet. Piecewise should add it in his cheat sheet. That's the one that lets you understand what other stuff is made of and how they work, right?))
((And apparently modify/forcecrush tech stuff. I haven't been using it because I had precious little ship time and because with great power comes great insanity.))

"Simus, Faith. You are coming with me and I just hope there is some way of disguising your bodies." Milno says, finally standing up and preparing to seek the armory master. Missions where he has to abandon the protective shell of his armor and put his fleshy, soft bits on the line are probably the worst ones, though at the very least he has already gone through this one in a VR machine.

Move to meet the AM for the mission's loadout and ask her: "What will the remaining members of my team do, by the way? Act as backup in case shit happens?"

((Had to choose them because I think Faith's aux bonus will be necessary, as will be Simus +1/3 to both aux and handiwork. Pancaek and Thomas will do whatever the people from my team will have to do.))
"Since when have ship AI's had synthflesh bodies? But, more to the point, any defenses for the gangway? Would it be possible to get a map of the place, and, if need be, would the away teams be able to call in some of the home team if shit really starts to pile on?"

Questions!

((Updated appearance.))
>It's remote controlled. He says, knocking on the head with his fist Not like I would fit in one body anyways.

That gangway probably won't have any built in defenses, but there will be plenty of containers being moved into the ship when you all spring out and surprise everyone. Those could be used for cover; they're fairly big and sturdy metal things. If you're really worried I suppose you could get some sort of cover with your team's funding, but I doubt you'll really need it. And yeah, they could call you in if they need you, I suppose, though I want at least a few people on that gangway.

"I think I would be best going where my skills would be put to good use. Probably the team heading to the main control room so I can mess with the computers up there. Can you tell me everything you want us to do in the control room?

Oh, and you are totally shameless Steve, which is only to be expected when it comes to you. Otherwise, lookin' good Steve, lookin' good!"

Bishop turned to look at the ceiling.

"If that's you Miyamoto, then when I say protected by physics, I mean that I just got 3 brand new auto-manipulators installed to make a shield over most of my body and I'm still working on figuring out that equation. It's pretty cool stuff, almost like I got a force field or something! Where are you anyway?"

Inquire to Steve.

>Basically, look around to see if they have any sort of secondary defenses running,automated turrets, security robots, sealed doors, restricted access points, locked down halls or elevators, secondary lines of communication, that sort of thing. If you find anything, shut it down. Then you're going to upload a sound clip I'm going to give you and put it on loop over the base's outbound radio, which I'll have Joker team reenable once it's ready. Thats about it.

(My appearance is fine.  Mesk hasn't had a proper haircut or shave in at least a year, and I have no idea if a haircut is even possible any more.  Also curious whether old scars got healed away when I first applied the treatment, or whether it froze me in that exact moment - not as extreme as the other guy who got the regeneration either way, though, since I can still stat up.)

"Are we about killing everyone who stands in our way, sort of thing?  What about, say, cops, or civilians?  Hmm... on that note, think I stand a chance to blend in as a cop with this uniform?"
As I ask, experiment to see how far away from me I can have the pyramid and how fast I can move it around.

If you're not there with milno, you're not there to blend in. Also no, they wear different uniforms. As per people you can shoot, try only to shoot soldiers. The civilian crew of the facility shouldn't give you any trouble, they're not  armed and don't have any great allegiance to the UWM. They're just there to do a job. They'll scatter once the shooting starts, just try not to hit any of them accidentally. Everyone you kill like that is another PR nightmare. And another piece of your salary missing.

"Any chance of a direct attack on the ship? I know the military's mostly... er, complacent, but this is an industrial world. How hard could it be to hide a small tank platoon around here? Not that I think tanks would do much, but still.

Other than that, seems straightforward enough.
"

Ask question, snap a picture of Steve's avatar for later reference with the datapad's camera (or the suit's camera, then transfer to pad).

((Appearance updated.))

When Joker team does their work it's gonna cut off their communication capacities, or at least severally gimp them. Chances are you'll be dealing with small groups of soldiers just running around, looking for the source of the problem. If the teams work quickly this should be over before they can manage to mount any sort of serious defense. And no, they don't have tanks waiting around, I'm sure of that. I've been planning this for hundreds of years; it's plenty of time to slowly remove defenses without anyone being the wiser.

what kind of weaponry can we expect to be going up against?
Also can you help me write a friend-foe recognition program to prevent my hardpoint from targetting anyone with a HMRC shock collar implant?

try getting steves help writing a friend-foe-recognition program that will cut power to the weapon if it begins targetting or sweeping over an ally.

If he refuses to help, write it myself.

[/quote]
>Probably fairly standard stuff. Gauss rifles mostly. Taking this place should be easy, it's holding it that will be hard. But thats something we'll worry about later.

>Yeah, sure, after this.

"Beep, you should wrestle the synthflesh abomination, to show your dominance"
"Would you shut up already?"

"Sounds like something we could pull off. What's our stance on collateral damage? I mean, you know it's going to happen, given our track record."
ask steve
He turns to milno, his facescreen is single horizontal line.

"At your command, chief"

>Minimize it. You'll lose money if you don't.

Only one Steve, do we preemptively execute any UWM soldiers we can see around the ship, or do we let them show hostility first, pretty sure it is the 1st but I do not like making assumptions

>It is the first.

A different thought crossed Anton's mind as he imagined how the upcoming events could unfold.

"Also, speaking of collateral damage and megaton bombs. A thought just came to mind. Since I have an idea of some of the more colorful events in the past missions, including the most recent one, and being, as of recently, a wielder of one of these-" Anton holds up his Field Manipulator, "I have to ask. What's the dock going to be like? If one of these things goes terminally haywire, will there be some space, sideways or down, for it to be tossed away and hope that the ship isn't seriously damaged?"

Ask follow-up question.
>How should I put this...There's not a lot of space to fuck up here, so if you don't think you can use it without causing a problem, don't use it. Don't think I won't perform summary executions if you prove yourself to be more of a danger to your teammates and our allies then our enemies.

"Hey, Steve, what's the point of this, if I may ask? It doesn't sound like a very nice thing to do, this plan. And why would you walk around in a synthflesh body? Isn't that a bit impractical?"

Ask, then give pill to Xan. Hopefully he'll eat it if he can, or at least stick it in somewhere it'll dissolve.

>The point is to capture the planet. The planet is a major supplier of weapons and mechanical goods to the UWM. Us having it stops them from using it and lets us use it. Even with the entire HMRC's combined ships and men, we're still a tiny organization compared to the UWM. We can't fight them in straight "honorable" combat. We have to use Guerrilla tactics. Cutting off supply lines is the first step. Also, again, it's just a remote controlled body. I'm not even on the damn ship.

You hand the pill to xan.

Astra, wasn't it?

For the sake of those of us in the Ops team, wait for them to open hostilities. If we get off guns blazing, there's a good chance there'll be some kind of alarm raised in response.

Milno, I'm ready if you need me.

>Actually everyone is staying in the ship and hidden until Joker team is done. Technically you're all supposed to be in stasis while we're on planet.

Heal in my goo.
You finish regrowing your skin! Yay, skin!

((Thanks to everybody who helped with the appearance notes.))

"What kind of weapons and equipment will we be up against?

After team Joker cuts the power and communications, will it also cut local communications? If not, any chance you could jam them except for our frequencies, so that they won't manage to organize themselves or realize what's going on? Being the only ones with comms could give us the advantage.

Any other security devices to worry about after team Joker cuts the power? Cameras? Turrets? Security doors?

Are we going in during night or day?

Are there any outside areas or ventilation or elevator shafts that we could use to bypass the floors leading to the main control room or ARES?

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have both teams make their way to the elevator and have them split up there. One team can fly to the main control room's floor through the elevator shaft and the other can take the elevator down to ARES. Any reason this is not going to work or is a bad idea?

Will the Sods be controlled by ARES or a commander? If it's a commander or commanders, any idea where they'll be stationed?

Will we be able to contact you during our mission?"

Ask Steve stuff.
only gonna answer things that haven't been answered already

>it will cut their local coms too. Each of your radios can broadcast and receive independently. Their radio system broadcasts to a central hub and that then redirects the signals. It's necessary because their radios aren't as powerful, but it leaves the vulnerable to just this sort of thing.

>I'm not entirely sure about everything they could have installed without my approval. They may have turret systems that aren't attached to the main grid, and doors can still be manually closed and sealed, but it should be relatively minimal. Cameras won't be a problem.

>We should be landing during the day.

>You could probably climb outside or fly up a shaft or something, but I'd recommend the elevator unless you can't. Anything else is either going to be much slower, require covering more ground or not be something everyone can do as easily.

> I don't think everyone can fly. Also there is more then one elevator. And the main control room is in the opposite direction as the fastest elevator down to Ares, relative to where you'll enter.

>Commanders. Hard to say. They'll probably start over near the main control room, but as soon as they lose coms they might go out into the field and try to control them manually, so to speak.

>Yep.

"No questions."

answer then inspect weapons
What weapons? Your weapons?

(wait for these questions to end, if you would. Also, synth-flesh is fine for this mission. Though later you may need to take normal fleshies)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17337 on: September 10, 2013, 01:24:54 pm »

NOMNOMPILL
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17338 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:56 pm »

((My weapons.))

Examine gunpowder guns first then rest of weaponry after.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17339 on: September 10, 2013, 01:54:57 pm »

All this is news to Stacy.

"Wait, we're fighting the United Worlds of Man? Since when? More importantly, why?"

Something occurs to him.

"How long was I out? What year is it? Is it the far future now? Did the stasis pod malfunction?"

Yet another idea suddenly strikes him.

"Ooh, is there, like, all kinds of new and cool tech around? Did they finally lift the ban on looking inside magic calculators?"

Ask more. Observe Xan, keep him in at least peripheral vision.
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 2101