Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 60599 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2024, 11:11:07 am »

I'm pretty sure all that BONECARN does in worldgen is make uncivilized beasts eat their enemies in the same way as the CARNIVORE tag, but I could be wrong.

If you don't believe me try it and embark with an entity that has bone carne they don't eat prepared meals

I don't know what else it could have been with bone carne on all they were eating is stacks of raw meat I get rid of bone carne and all of a sudden prepared meals are now flying off the shelf

And to further back the science on multiple plays with lots of prepared food and drinks that causes a benchmark syndrome creature with bone tag would starve to death in the presence of the meal with the syndrome and would not starve to death in the presence of stacks of raw meat  and always grab meat over prepared meals

And at first I was considering that it may be a stockpile issue and they're just passing to the nearest food, well I kind of ruled that out by putting the meat stockpile in a completely secluded area behind prepared meals and they went past the prepared meals to the meat stockpile and I would love to believe that it was just a one-off but when every single citizen is passing to the meat and no one eats prepared meals I don't know what else it could be

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2024, 01:49:11 pm »

I already knew what bonecarn does in fortress mode, It makes the creature only eat meat and bones, effectively the carnivore tag but they can eat bones, (BONECARN stands for bone carnivore) but I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect worldgen at all.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 01:57:51 pm by aSpatula66 »

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2024, 05:34:29 pm »

I already knew what bonecarn does in fortress mode, It makes the creature only eat meat and bones, effectively the carnivore tag but they can eat bones, (BONECARN stands for bone carnivore) but I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect worldgen at all.
I'm fairly sure It is used in world gen when you have it on a creature in world gen when they kill something there's a chance that when they kill something it says so and so killed someone and they devoured the body

I'm fairly sure pretty sure you don't see this message without bonecarn but I'm not 100% I may try making a test run and meticulously read the legends with and without the tag to verify the devouring messages. Shouldn't be hard to test.

And I can't remember where I read it but it was in this forum somewhere that someone said that bonecarn in world gen causes other entities with ethics that are against eating sapiens to have make drama with those entities

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2024, 07:56:47 pm »

Elves eat their enemies but don't have bonecarn, their sapient eating ethic is set to acceptable, goblins do have bonecarn but don't eat their enemies, the ethic is set to personal matter. I think how it works is for civilized creatures, they eat their kills if the ethic is set to acceptable or required, and for uncivilized creatures they eat their kills if they have the carnivore or bonecarn tag. I think bonecarn would also affect the simulation of food supply if the simulation differentiates between meat and not meat

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2024, 09:31:09 am »

Elves eat their enemies but don't have bonecarn, their sapient eating ethic is set to acceptable, goblins do have bonecarn but don't eat their enemies, the ethic is set to personal matter. I think how it works is for civilized creatures, they eat their kills if the ethic is set to acceptable or required, and for uncivilized creatures they eat their kills if they have the carnivore or bonecarn tag. I think bonecarn would also affect the simulation of food supply if the simulation differentiates between meat and not meat

Omg do they I've never noticed oh wow that really sucks man cuz I did a lot of work making two extra casts and doing their graphics and everything wish I would have tested the devouring corpses in history first then oh well I have four castes now thanks for the input ❤️🙏

But with what you said my creatures would need the bonecarne tag because their ethics don't allow them to eat the sapiens
I have to take a deeper dive look at the entity tokens ty🙏

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2024, 05:47:28 pm »

How do I make an ability that gelds and inflicts tremendous pain on any male target?

I am trying to mod in Testicular Torsion.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2024, 08:53:46 pm »

BP:BY_TYPE:GELDABLE:ALL:VASCULAR_ONLY in the syndrome line to target only geldable body parts, which females and non-descended creatures wont have.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2024, 01:12:17 am »

BP:BY_TYPE:GELDABLE:ALL:VASCULAR_ONLY in the syndrome line to target only geldable body parts, which females and non-descended creatures wont have.

well, unless somebody mods in the relevant BPs for those creatures. Then all can be equal in experiencing indescribable pain lol.

y tho?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2024, 04:59:22 am »

I could have sworn GELDABLE didn't work at all for females, as in obviously you cant geld them through the workshop/job designation but also injuries couldnt geld them. But according to the wiki youre right, they can be "gelded"
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2024, 06:32:56 am »

I could have sworn GELDABLE didn't work at all for females, as in obviously you cant geld them through the workshop/job designation but also injuries couldnt geld them. But according to the wiki youre right, they can be "gelded"

Yea that always bugged me. Not the sterilisation part. Why not call it spayed?

y tho?

Also, the spell. I am trying to add the Testicular Torsion spell from all those wizardpost memes.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 07:43:01 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]