Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 844509 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #5565 on: August 05, 2018, 06:07:28 am »

You could have pulled the classic "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" where the interrogatee just won't. stop. talking. The correct code is probably somewhere amidst the code to his locker, his bank pin number, his phone number, his mom's phone number...

After all, the Command was to 'answer' didn't specify a question.

Relevant.
One wheel short of a wagon

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: August 05, 2018, 08:43:49 am »

You could have pulled the classic "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" where the interrogatee just won't. stop. talking. The correct code is probably somewhere amidst the code to his locker, his bank pin number, his phone number, his mom's phone number...

After all, the Command was to 'answer' didn't specify a question.
And then the interogatee starts spilling the secrets of Life, the Universe, and Everything, and you have to evacuate and quarantine the planet because what he says is just too terrible to hear...

Except for the bit about the frogs, of course.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: August 05, 2018, 11:47:51 am »

It turns out they were turning the frogs gay
Love, scriver~

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: August 06, 2018, 11:09:43 am »

Heh. I finally burned down my first tavern. Well, it was a cafe but still. I found a campaign that will let me play the character concept I've been tossing around ever since I found the muckdwellers as a race, a muckdweller Dragonfire adept. Something about a two foot tall lizard breathing 30ft cones of fire just tickles me.

It helps I'm able to also run Vow of Poverty since DFA is an items-light class and I can do without the single magical item I would have wanted but never got anyway.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: August 08, 2018, 06:51:44 am »

Got the Pathfinder Playtest PDF, and I've been screwing around with character building. The multiclassing system is lots of fun!

I've built a Barbarian/Cleric multiclass build up to level 9 so far, and I'm calling it the Acolyte of Rage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: August 08, 2018, 11:34:29 am »

To kick off some random shenanigans I'm doing, I desire bad games. Now I don't mean worst games, I mean bad games. If your game fits on a "bottom of the barrel" list, I don't want it - it's been talked to death. But if it's above the bottom, but still in the lower half? Go for it!

F.A.T.A.L., Synnibar, VTNL? Not interested.

QuestCore, MEGA, GenIsys (distinct from Genesys, which is apparently pretty good), Chosen? More please.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:29:05 pm by Mephisto »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: August 08, 2018, 12:19:34 pm »

I thought FATAL would be at the bottom of that barrel tbh. DND 4E is a hilariously gross thing.

Got the Pathfinder Playtest PDF, and I've been screwing around with character building. The multiclassing system is lots of fun!

I've built a Barbarian/Cleric multiclass build up to level 9 so far, and I'm calling it the Acolyte of Rage.

Been meaning to testbuild a rogue sorcerer magician myself. Should be interesting the kinds of villains we can make now without having to mash things together with DM Fiat

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: August 08, 2018, 01:26:42 pm »

I thought FATAL would be at the bottom of that barrel tbh. DND 4E is a hilariously gross thing.

It most definitely is. I'm just bad at the whole wordy-talky thing. Fixed (hopefully).

And as for 4E, it's fine. It's a tactics game. If anyone else had made it, or WotC had called it Advanced Tactical Rooms and Rivals, people would love it.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: August 09, 2018, 09:54:24 pm »

Re: PF2.
My current character concept (which I may or may not use in this upcoming campaign depending on whether or not I get to be a player or GM, the jury's still out on that) is a gnome alchemist...but the way I'm putting her together now REALLY calls for a rogue multiclass later down the line.
(It's the Criminal background, probably.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: August 09, 2018, 10:22:49 pm »

I, meanwhile, have built a barbarian for the Pathfinder Playtest that will probably multiclass to wizard. I interpreted the dragon totem as being possessed by one rather than merely worshipping it, and well, this barbarian will have a very cold rage as the green dragon takes over. This leaves ample room for scholarly pursuits to satisfy one's greed and pride, so wizardry seems inevitable.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: August 10, 2018, 09:27:21 pm »

Last session was so intrigue-heavy that a gas station survived, and I was a little sad when I realized.
Sidequest time!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: August 11, 2018, 03:54:39 am »

I, meanwhile, have built a barbarian for the Pathfinder Playtest that will probably multiclass to wizard. I interpreted the dragon totem as being possessed by one rather than merely worshipping it, and well, this barbarian will have a very cold rage as the green dragon takes over. This leaves ample room for scholarly pursuits to satisfy one's greed and pride, so wizardry seems inevitable.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: August 11, 2018, 07:41:41 am »

I see your muscle wizard and raise you a plane of infinite fists and punching.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: August 17, 2018, 10:02:15 pm »

I'm gonna be making a witch hunter character, so should I be ranger/fighter or ranger/paladin.
(playing 5e)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: August 17, 2018, 10:35:15 pm »

Anyone have experience with Fiasco? I have a ton of the playset expansions for it and the core ruleset, but haven't actually played it. I have a friend who wants an introduction to RPGs and I thought that might be more fun as I don't think they'd really enjoy the complexity of most roleplaying games and the theme is more fitting to them, too. Also I like that the game is basically set up to be played as part of a movie night with recommended movies for each playset, which is a cute aside. Any thoughts?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 623