Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 431011 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2010 on: April 25, 2012, 04:58:24 pm »

For goodness sake, just stab him with some pitchblende or something.  Trace amounts of francium are continually produced in ores of uranium, so a pitchblend scepter over the head should be partially effective.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: April 25, 2012, 04:59:34 pm »

For goodness sake, just stab him with some pitchblende or something.  Trace amounts of francium are continually produced in ores of uranium, so a pitchblend scepter over the head should be partially effective.

Im a kobold! How am I suppost to steal/make that? Besides, its not a full moon. So hes just a kobold right now.

Lets all do something related to the thread while we fight, to avoid spam.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 25, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »

HugoLuman goes to the time travel experiment room that HugoLuman has been building. The whole room is contained inside a single cage trap. HugoLuman picks up a small square of stone, engraved with the marks "E S C." It contains the secrets of time manipulation. HugoLuman places it on the +pedestal+ that has mechanisms stolen from the offering to the caravan. These link it to an adjacent lever that HugoLuman then pulls.

From a burnt and tattered journal recovered from the 12th Bay:
If I press the slab, time will stop. It is progress, but I dare not use it. Furthermore, I still can't go forward or backward. Perhaps, given time, I can engrave 3 more with certain configurations, but it is too risky. This metaphysics already strains the limits of narrativium. Do I dare go further?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 25, 2012, 06:49:55 pm »

Kobold Mason cancels drink: Werebull hunt.

What metal is it weakest too? Im gonna slay it.

Get me the metal and I will make you a large dagger. IF a weapon smith is open.

My forge is always open.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 25, 2012, 08:03:49 pm »

Stopping time is a ridiculous concept.  Time is not a river that you can simply dam; it is a dimension, along which everything moves.  You can no more stop time than you can kill length.

What would stopping time even mean?  Even if you could freeze everything as it currently is, it wouldn't actually change anything.  You can't say that nothing would happen ever again; without time, things like "happen," "ever," or "would" have no meaning. 
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 25, 2012, 08:08:26 pm »

Stopping time is a ridiculous concept.  Time is not a river that you can simply dam; it is a dimension, along which everything moves.  You can no more stop time than you can kill length.

What would stopping time even mean?  Even if you could freeze everything as it currently is, it wouldn't actually change anything.  You can't say that nothing would happen ever again; without time, things like "happen," "ever," or "would" have no meaning.
True, as experiments show that meetings continue even while time is stopped using the method I have discovered.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 25, 2012, 09:43:04 pm »

You can stop time by constraining its dimensionality to 0.

This is what happens when 2 things happen:

1) spacial curvature is infinite, inside a finite volume.

2) velocity is equal to C.

Thank you, I'm here all night. :D

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

I think the caverns should be the next target. We would have to have a decent army and be able to wall off a part of the caverns though.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 25, 2012, 10:38:21 pm »

The caverns are are next target. We will have to have a decent army and be able to wall off a part of the caverns.

This is madness! We can defeat HFS, but not the FIRST cavern! Am I the only one who thinks this is madness!?!

Probably am.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 25, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »

(Random question who all can see my avatar?)
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 25, 2012, 10:40:54 pm »

Not me. But that may just be kobold-blindness-nes.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 25, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »

Not me. But that may just be kobold-blindness-nes.

(Got it. Thanks)

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 25, 2012, 10:58:46 pm »

Okay, back on topic now. If we ever DO breach the caverns what are our plans?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:04:06 pm by Saurinae »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »

Okay, back on topic now. If we ever DO breach the caverns what are the plans?

My kobold tribe that you would know about if you read carefully will charge blindly to attack!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:44 pm »

Mushroom tree wood, domestication of cave fauna, collection of cave flora we didn't embark with, begin the search for sweet sweet candy, and build magma plumbing.

Concerning your avatar: bay12 scales the image to 100x100px. It looks like your image file is larger than this, and the forced scaling the browser uses doesn't look so hot.  *shrug*
(My cute little snake has the same problem, being 120x120. It doesn't scale very well either, being raw pixel art. I made it myself over a year ago, and don't feel like cropping it.)

(Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased! Yucky!)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:08:47 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 214