Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 333683 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1155 on: October 06, 2015, 02:08:09 pm »

((Hmmm... Does tricking piecewise into thinking you have something count as belief-based magic?))
((Probably depends on how you trick him and if you're ever found out :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1156 on: October 08, 2015, 10:25:10 am »

((Hmmm... Does tricking piecewise into thinking you have something count as belief-based magic?))
((Probably depends on how you trick him and if you're ever found out :P))
The universe can be tricked, but the self righting mechanisms that kick in if it ever notices may be unpleasant.

Survey a particular warbeast. Does it have loot to speak of or have the thieving steppe monkeys and their trusty vegetation sidekicks claimed all? Our warbeast has houses, so it stands to reason that these might have some form of ruins on them or near them.

Though do bear in mind that what is dead cannot eternal lie and all that, and exercise caution nevertheless.

The warbeast itself appears to have transformed into dirt and stone; it's hair is gone and much of it has crumbled like dry soil. You can see the timbers of the back platform on this one; this one is laying on it's side, so the building is partially exposed, sticking out of the dirt and folliage. It is quite badly rotted. You'd have to dig into it to see if there's anything in there. There are scattered, degraded weapons on the battle field; the rusted shafts of spears being the most obvious. There are other bodies too, but very view are visible above ground. Most have been buried and overgrown you would assume.

"Hm. Origin I do not know, but its powered by blood. The grip and the rounds should be quite sharp, designed to cut flesh and leech some blood from the user. It's a powerful form of inherent magic, but its strength depends on the user and the potency of their blood. In your hands, it would be a powerful gun. In the hands of a general, with thousands of loyal troops and legions of fearful enemies, it could bring down a war beast in a shot. In the hands of the Conquering Great King, it could destroy gods and heavens."

- Whoah. Why thank you! That was very interesting to know, and it now seems a much better investment of my coins. But say, should I have not quite animal type blood, would it still work? I take it it just leeches on whatever vital bodily fluid it can absorb.

When John hears out what Engine Spirit has to say for that matter, he shouts to Mr. Bird:

- Hey! What do your elven avian eyes see? Do you see anything like a road? Or a wall of fog?

Watch around for the trail Warbeast left while roaming. Given we find it, we will follow it. If it ends/starts here, at this field, then, well, rely on any other landmark Mr. Bird can provide us with.

Also, think again about how Xan's arm is inconceivably getting better.
Think about his plant - about how dried leafs could probably be used for smokes, which fumes wouldn't cause canсer and stuff for regular people and engine corrosion for me. The square-ish leaf could dry out itself very quickly once torn; it can be then split into two layers, first one crumbling into ~5mm dry chunks to be used as the filler, and second one a bit sticky on one side, to be used to roll the filler in a tube.

((If somebody could put up a list of "features" our plant has I'd wiki that for future reference.))
"I do not know. It should still perform, but I do not know the specifics of how."

You can see what look like tracks as you head over to the battle field, but there are lots of them. It seems as though this beast wandered blindly around this area for a long time. The originals that lead it here are probably long gone.

You can do that, but doing that among actions is gonna have even less effect. To the point that neither xan nor the plant will really be noticeably changed.

"There could be a benefit to that actually - see if there are any engine spirits in particular, Mr. Bird. Or the husk of one, I suppose."

Xankarvo restrains his temptation to take the gun. What he wants is his magic back.
Actually wait, he hasn't even tried that yet has he?

Try to do magic! Specifically cast a fireball off into the distance.

(Note, I don't actually expect to be able to do magic this is just an action so Xan can start IC planning to get his powers)

((My plant currently has really smooth green leaves that are a narcotic. They give a rush when ingested.))

[6]

Your hand feels a little warm and you think you might have seen a bit of smoke.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 08, 2015, 10:30:03 am »

Fly back to our own lovely Warby. Report.

"Right, everything's rusted, rotted and buried. Not quite looting material, I'm afraid. Sorry, chaps, but one warbeast filled with fabulous treasure will have to do for now."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 08, 2015, 10:39:14 am »

"Right, everything's rusted, rotted and buried. Not quite looting material, I'm afraid. Sorry, chaps, but one warbeast filled with fabulous treasure will have to do for now."

- Well, an attempt was made. Now how about some sort of wall of clouds or a road nearby? Unless you people want me to drive the thing into that land of giant crushing hands coming down from the sky, I can't really figure any directions.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 08, 2015, 10:41:43 am »

((Might still be some loot inside the partially buried building.))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 08, 2015, 10:51:23 am »

- Well, an attempt was made. Now how about some sort of wall of clouds or a road nearby? Unless you people want me to drive the thing into that land of giant crushing hands coming down from the sky, I can't really figure any directions.

"I'll keep a doubly accommodating eye out, my good man!"

As we proceed, scout around for promising directions of exploration. The most promising direction being the one that leads straight out of this shithole, obviously.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 08, 2015, 10:54:00 am »

((Screw that. We got ourselves a big-ass Warbeast and loaded it with supplies to the top - we're outta here as soon as we figure out a way. Away with the greed, in with the wanderlust. Also, postponing the shenanigans with the plant until I can concentrate on that and give the wheel to Engine Spirit, which I believe I will at some point.))

Action: find the most deforestated area in sight and walk over there. Repeat until out in the open, where the view is not obstructed by the trees.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:06:10 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1162 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:20 am »

((And they can check and see who actually participated in this fight and what weapons they used. You know, see the local archaeological attraction like proper tourists.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 08, 2015, 11:34:33 am »

((And they can check and see who actually participated in this fight and what weapons they used. You know, see the local archaeological attraction like proper tourists.))
((Chances are, it is all rotten for good by now. Even things on the outside bits of Warbeast were rendered useless by time, and they weren't put in dirt for who knows how many years.

We can vote on whether or not people actually want to rummage through the battlefield. John's vote gonna be "no", but if people would insist...))
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 08, 2015, 12:25:01 pm »

"Hmm. It's as I suspected then, my magics haven't recovered well from the journey into the afterlife. Well, persistence leads to the charred corpses of your enemies."

Concentrate really really hard! FIRE WILL SPEW OUT OF MY HAND

in a safe direction
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:27:58 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 08, 2015, 01:03:39 pm »

"Hmm. It's as I suspected then, my magics haven't recovered well from the journey into the afterlife. Well, persistence leads to the charred corpses of your enemies."

Concentrate really really hard! FIRE WILL SPEW OUT OF MY HAND

((Bear in mind there is like half a barrel of gas around, a fuelled jeep and some ammo boxes.))
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 08, 2015, 01:06:52 pm »

((...so?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 08, 2015, 01:12:51 pm »

((Well, you know, you should probably put some distance between aspiring pyromancer and those things. We didn't get all this stuff to blow it all up.))
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 08, 2015, 01:13:15 pm »

((Speak for yourself!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 08, 2015, 01:17:35 pm »

((You are first on the waitlist, aren't you?))
((Yes, it appears you are. Well then, don't forget to take control over non-responsive characters. Keep an eye on Corsair, Pancaek and Beirus.))
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 241