Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 333734 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1230 on: October 13, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

Land between the armed people aboard the lovely warbeast.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:26 pm »

"SON OF A BITCH!" Tarmac exclaims before his attention is drawn to the approaching flying snakes.

If those snakes get hostile, take out my anger at not having cigarettes on them by stabbing them with my spike if they get in range. Defend the Engine Spirit.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:09:58 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 13, 2015, 03:26:08 pm »

examine snakes with mild disdain for not being fish then continue patrol of barbecue-that-which-offends me
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 13, 2015, 03:28:48 pm »

dance, shake my booty at the snakes. If they get attack our group shoot at them, without booty shaking.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 13, 2015, 04:15:07 pm »

Hyenakles growls.

Take aim at the nearest sky snake. Be ready to shoot it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 14, 2015, 05:03:36 am »

Observe reactions of sky snakes. Make sure my molotovs are ready to throw at a moment's notice if they prove hostile.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1236 on: October 14, 2015, 09:56:26 am »

- Hold your fire!

John says so, but his right hand already lies on the pistol handle. He whips his left arm forward, open palm facing the creatures, and shouts out to the approaching avian serpents:

- Creatures of the realm! We mean no harm, be not confused with our look! We are merely passing by!

Negotiate with creatures first. Should they attack us disregarding our effort to talk to them, start firing at them and tell others to do so.
The creatures don't respond but they don't seem to be diving down at you with any real aggressive urgency. They're sort of lazily circling down toward you. But they do look intent on landing on the platform.

Land between the armed people aboard the lovely warbeast.
You touch down on the platform.

"SON OF A BITCH!" Tarmac exclaims before his attention is drawn to the approaching flying snakes.

If those snakes get hostile, take out my anger at not having cigarettes on them by stabbing them with my spike if they get in range. Defend the Engine Spirit.
You run over to where the engine spirit is tied onto the war beast and brandish your spike.

examine snakes with mild disdain for not being fish then continue patrol of barbecue-that-which-offends me

You waddle around the platform, wenking.

dance, shake my booty at the snakes. If they get attack our group shoot at them, without booty shaking.
You point your butt in the air and shake it forcefully at the descending snakes.

Hyenakles growls.

Take aim at the nearest sky snake. Be ready to shoot it.
You take aim but don't fire.

Observe reactions of sky snakes. Make sure my molotovs are ready to throw at a moment's notice if they prove hostile.
You get out your lighter and keep it close to the cloth wick of the molotov.

The snake creatures descend all the way to the platform and land gently atop it. Their wings, still only visible as a slight hue of gold and distorted light, seem to fold in upon themselves and vanish. The snakes don't fall to the ground, instead they remain standing, as it were, coiled upward like a spring. They begin speaking in what seem to be a variety of languages, perhaps trying for one you understand.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 14, 2015, 12:28:54 pm »

Xankarvo steps forward to the front, because him talking is a great idea.

"This language is the one we understand."

Give them a language sample to work off of.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 14, 2015, 02:22:17 pm »

John eases up a little when he sees that the snakes are not trying to push them down to the foam below or tear them apart. He is now rather intrigued actually by those creatures.

He gestures Hyenakles to lose his aim, but doesn't tell him to put the gun down just yet. John takes off the helmet to get a better look, and holds it under his armpit for the time being.

Step towards the creatures and stand beside Xankarvo in his negotiating attempt.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 14, 2015, 02:24:11 pm »

"Flying snakes huh? Looks like this place might be pretty groovy after all!"

stop aiming at snakes, instead dance a little disco jig to show our good intent. [/b]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:16:05 pm by Pancaek »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1240 on: October 14, 2015, 02:43:55 pm »

"Flying snakes huh? Looks like this place might be pretty groovy after all!"

stop aiming at snakes, instead dance a little disco jig to show our good intent.
(([1] It turns out that dancing is a capital offence in snakeland. They're probably just jealous because unlike you, they have no booty to shake.
Or alternatively:
[6] They seem to take your dancing well. Perhaps a bit too well. It turns out you accidentally asked the chieftain's daughter's hand in marriage.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 14, 2015, 02:56:15 pm »

dance a little disco jig to show our good intent.

John turns around to check again on his comrades and frowns upon that act.
- Stop that. Dance all you want after we establish means of communication, right now stand fucking still.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 14, 2015, 03:03:24 pm »

"Why baby? These guys are so groovy I can't help but shake my booty!"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 14, 2015, 03:05:52 pm »

Hyenakles growls, lowering his gun slightly. He follows with several barks, punctuated by harsh cackles and dog-like whines. Though cultural differences make translation to-and-from his strange savannah tongue difficult, you can assume he said something along the lines of, "Hey, snake things. Who the fuck are you?"

Offer another language sample.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 14, 2015, 03:10:50 pm »

John turns completely to Hyenakles and Flamengo.

- Listen. We are going to offer them one language sample at a time. One. Got that? Common language doesn't work, we go over Hynakles's growling, Canine language as known by Mr. Bird, and if that doesn't work, we proceed to booty shaking. You knew bees communicate that way? Well stop, they might consider that a way to communicate too. Are we clear?
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 241