Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335233 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2745 on: November 02, 2016, 02:03:40 am »

How much of that did I see? If more than a little bit, screech from on high to express my approval for this explosion. And then flee considerably further to avoid looking at Bad News Man down on the ground.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2746 on: November 02, 2016, 08:07:15 pm »

Try, try again?

I live in a country of obnoxious hipster millennial Nero wannabes.

((I've personally only seen that viewpoint online. Most of the Trump-supporting young'uns I know (and they're frustratingly common where I live), actually buy into his particularly toxic brand of Kool-Aid. My biggest complaint about my fellow kids deez days is that too many of them think either (a) that their vote doesn't matter, or (b) that not voting is somehow a form of protest.))
Well, in a general sense, for the president at least, their vote actually DOESN'T matter because of the electoral college and its ability to just do whatever it wants. But it matters for local elections. Also, the form of protest they can do is to vote for "Neither of these"

Attempt to do the following:

Grab two of the explosive rocks that John(?) had wrapped in cloth, and bundle them together using a banner. Cut a significant portion of the reins from the warbeast (up to 20 ft, if possible) using one of the extra gladiuses, reel it in, and wrap it around my waist. Leave the sword, but take the rocks with me to the upper part of the platform structure, on the warbeast's head.
[4]
You get the rocks, bundle them in a banner, cut some rope and reel it in. But your attempt to wrap it around yourself is awkward and it keeps falling off.

GODS FUCKING DAMMIT RNG

Yes that is my action.
Noted.

Run for my life.
"AAAHHHHHHHH!!!"
You cease your rather funky action and immediately sprint off in the opposite direction from this entire situation.  At this point there are very few people left near by.

"Ooh, I want that heart!"

Overcome the dread, get down and move over to where Xankarvo is (using him as a shield), pondering how exactly I can get heart of something that dangerous.
[2]
You look down at unfolding seen, steel your heart against dread, gird your loins and...just stand there.

Well, fanfuckingtastic.

Cling to life. If I have to, I'll make a deal with one of the entities to preserve my life
Oh, ho? An interesting offer.

[1]

That was soundly ignored.  Better hope someone puts some pressure on that leg quickly or you're reincarnating elsewhere.

Huh, that Xan guy knows some neat tricks.  ((Assuming that Dave got a glimpse of that.))

Take cover!  See about getting into a nice hull-down position and dino-peek out to watch the proceedings.
You...well take cover is perhaps too strong a description. You plod over to a rather large stone and flop down on your dinobelly, with your head peeking out from behind it. The stone, while it does cover your body, is just a large rock sitting on the dirt. Any significant shockwave and it will either provide limited protection or perhaps even just fall down on top of you.

How much of that did I see? If more than a little bit, screech from on high to express my approval for this explosion. And then flee considerably further to avoid looking at Bad News Man down on the ground.

You screech an approval, then wave with one wing and fly the fuck away.

((The dice, they answer my plea! I am blessed!))

Xankarvo, upon coming down from his power high, immediately reconsiders his position on things.

Every time I get too big for my britches, I swear. Carefully, carefully.

Not entirely certain what to do with this fire cloth at the moment. Wear it as a cloak mayhaps?

I have in my possession some notebook paper and a fancy pen. Pull both those out. On a sheet of paper, write my name and 'a swift escape to the next heaven over' or something similar on it. Observe the interaction between the Conquering King and the Most-Beautiful, not doing anything to draw attention to myself.

If shit starts to get dangerous for me, put that message into the shell the scarred guy gave me and break it.

You drape the cloth on your shoulders like a poncho and then scribble out your message and wait to see if you'll need to use it.

"All this time and he can't even be bothered to show up?" The Most Beautiful shouts at the other man.

"You are not worth the effort."  The new man replies. His voice sounds like the lowest notes on a glass harmonica

"Maybe. Or perhaps he as simply grown more shrewd since losing his tactician."

The cloaked man doesn't respond; instead he waves a hand and the swarm of lights around him expands outward, swirling out into a dome that encompasses the entire area, including the warbeast, xan, our dino friend and the Michael Jackson wannabe.

The Most Beautiful eyes the dome and then begins to sing again, but is cut off.  Several of the circling points of light suddenly converge and form a shape, a constellation in the form of a knife, and thin beams of light connect the points. Several of these beams pierce the Most Beautiful like glowing spikes. He staggers for a moment and then straightens up and laughs.

"I may live to see him again after all." 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: November 02, 2016, 08:23:34 pm »

"... You're annoying, but I'm not going to just let you die."

Apply pressure to keep the cat from dying.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 02, 2016, 11:41:44 pm »

"..."

So this is not the King himself. Perhaps this is salvageable. I do still have the Voice ... I could distract him with it.

Am I near the cat? If I'm able to reach him, heal his wounds. With fire powers.

Keep an eye on the situation unfolding with the Most-Beautiful and the robed man. A herald of the Conquering King, perhaps? Be ready to evacuate if I need to.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:51:09 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:53 pm »

"...I can get his heart later."

Proudly and bravely observe ongoings.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: November 03, 2016, 04:45:23 pm »

Sebastian accepts gratefully the aid of his fellow travelers. Well, you know, being unconscious, in a coma, and bleeding out, he accepts placidly and mutely, but perhaps that is for the best, eh?

I was hoping Sebastian could be useful in this game by distracting various enemy hordes and sending them chasing fairy lights, all while basking in the attention of whatever comes along.

Being soundly ignored and annoying his fellow travelers is less ideal. Ah well, he'll be useful (and maybe glorious) yet. If he lives.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: November 03, 2016, 04:54:46 pm »

Fly high up in the sky. Watch out for ill omens of doom. Cheer when appropriate.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 03, 2016, 05:12:19 pm »

Head to the upper deck again. Tie one end of the rope toa sturdy part of the platform, and the other around my waist.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: November 03, 2016, 08:11:36 pm »

Sebastian accepts gratefully the aid of his fellow travelers. Well, you know, being unconscious, in a coma, and bleeding out, he accepts placidly and mutely, but perhaps that is for the best, eh?

I was hoping Sebastian could be useful in this game by distracting various enemy hordes and sending them chasing fairy lights, all while basking in the attention of whatever comes along.

Being soundly ignored and annoying his fellow travelers is less ideal. Ah well, he'll be useful (and maybe glorious) yet. If he lives.
((Hey, if nothing else Xan can use you as kindling to save someone actually useful.))
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: November 03, 2016, 08:14:36 pm »

((Hey, if nothing else Xan can use you as kindling to save someone actually useful.))
I have a skillset, damn it! It's just not one PW is likely to ever give a damn about that is likely to be particularly effective in this setting.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:29:11 pm by Ozarck »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: November 03, 2016, 09:53:22 pm »

Maybe dig down a bit?  There's no rigging to hide in like usual.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: November 03, 2016, 10:57:23 pm »

Observe from a safe distance.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2757 on: November 04, 2016, 04:38:51 pm »

"... You're annoying, but I'm not going to just let you die."

Apply pressure to keep the cat from dying.
[5]
You do a very good job for someone without hands. In fact, you psychically reach in and individually pinch off the bleeding vessels, stopping his exsanguination almost instantly.

"..."

So this is not the King himself. Perhaps this is salvageable. I do still have the Voice ... I could distract him with it.

Am I near the cat? If I'm able to reach him, heal his wounds. With fire powers.

Keep an eye on the situation unfolding with the Most-Beautiful and the robed man. A herald of the Conquering King, perhaps? Be ready to evacuate if I need to.

The cat is on the warbeast, you are most certainly not on the war beast. Instead you stay where you are and keep an eye on things. Though you also make sure to stay low to the ground; don't want to catch a constellation laser to the head.

Head to the upper deck again. Tie one end of the rope toa sturdy part of the platform, and the other around my waist.
You tie the rope as desired, both to the deck and you.

And then everyone else just did some variation of watch from a distance. And so they shall.

The Most Beautiful twists his body, snapping the spears of light, and sings three words as he points at what Xan is calling the Herald.  Plants explode out of the ground and encircle the Herald, but do not actually touch him. Instead, they form a cage around him. And then...well...he seems to get farther away. Not smaller, clearly not smaller, but just farther and farther away, as though you're being driven away at 200 miles an hour while he stands still. Within a few seconds he has vanished completely. The dome of lights remains in place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: November 04, 2016, 07:20:57 pm »

Standard "Continue To Not Die, And Attempt To Wake Up" Action For the Unconscious RTD Player CharacterTM

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:19 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 241