Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 333688 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2865 on: November 17, 2016, 01:53:08 am »

((I can never keep that straight. I can't tell half the time who is what))

((And since Comrade P. disappeared nobody has kept the wikipage up to date. But it is hard to mistake what Xantalos is.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: November 17, 2016, 03:20:11 am »

((I can never keep that straight. I can't tell half the time who is what))

((And since Comrade P. disappeared nobody has kept the wikipage up to date. But it is hard to mistake what Xantalos is.))
((The benefits of violently asserting yourself as often as possible. Hard to miss a tall bald guy in a wizard tracksuit and hat with flint and steel teeth and arms made of asbestos wearing a cloak of flame.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: November 17, 2016, 04:43:14 am »

((Ryan, Ao's character, is a deathclaw.  My character, Dave, is a dinosaur.))

((Baby deathclaw (for scale). They'd both benefit from a size increase. And an iguana looks a lot like a dinosaur as well!))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: November 17, 2016, 04:50:44 am »

((Ryan wants to grow up. Please help him grow into respectable adult.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2869 on: November 17, 2016, 03:53:11 pm »

I tell the armless guy: It was the trees! That's how the evil gets you. the trees tried to eat you. But I was too quick for them. I totally kicked their asses. Bam! Right in the knotholes. They ate my leg He says sadly But it was worth it to rescue you and these guys too, from the arboreal abominations. Hey, there ... careful. Need a hand, man? Oh ... Uh ... I mean ... Hey, where are we going anyway? Hey, be careful around that dinosaur. Don't let his size fool you. he's actually really very big!

Attempt to convince everyone that Ao's character is larger than he is.
As you finish your rambling speech everyone turns to stare at dave, who is the only dinosaur around here.  It's hard to tell, but you think he might have grown an inch.

((I believe Hyenakles left a bunch of roasted meat down by his fire. Someone might want to grab it before the buzzards do. The other buzzards, I mean.))

"What do you mean, a beacon? Like a physical object?" Hyenakles growls. "Could an animal be a beacon?"

Say above. If he says yes to the last question, hoist Oz up by the tail and offer him to the Engine spirit. "This little shit look like a beacon to you?"

EDIT: Also, once everyone is on board, have the warbeast walked over to the scarred tribes, as Xan requested below.
"Yes, the beacons are almost always living beings because they are effectively a hot spot of faith in an otherwise faithless area. In our case I believe the cat creature may have somehow become a beacon, but I'm unsure how."

You get the engine spirit to drive the warbeast back over to the scarred tribes.

"I'm hungry." Ryan explains while beaming innocence. "And I couldn't find the fire dude's heart."

Nibble his feets as long as I can, and gets on the warbeast.

I tell the armless guy: It was the trees! That's how the evil gets you. the trees tried to eat you. But I was too quick for them. I totally kicked their asses. Bam! Right in the knotholes. They ate my leg He says sadly But it was worth it to rescue you and these guys too, from the arboreal abominations. Hey, there ... careful. Need a hand, man? Oh ... Uh ... I mean ... Hey, where are we going anyway?

"Yes, those trees were evil ones. I wanted to burn them, but hyenaman said no."

You nibble on the guy's toes until he gently kicks you off.  Thus removed, you wander back to the war beast before it leaves.

Grab a bit of roast meat (close enough, I guess) and return to the Most-Beautiful with it. What's he going to do with it?
You give the meat to the most beautiful and he presses it against his stump. The meat twitches and deforms, growing skin and fusing to the limb, reforming one of his arms.  This done, he reaches down and grabs a clod of dirt and crushes it down. When he reopens his hand there's a small white seed sitting on his palm.

"Plant this, water it once a day. It will grow a plant which will bear bone fruit."

Drink some more water.  If I have a gift, it should be used!

Attempt to convince everyone that Ao's character is larger than he is.

((Ryan, Ao's character, is a deathclaw.  My character, Dave, is a dinosaur.))
You sip on some more water from the now drying riverbed. Tastes like single malt.

Hmm. Interesting.
Xankarvo goes to walk with the Most-Beautiful.

"Hyenakles, I'm going to walk with the Most-Beautiful. Since John seems to have withdrawn into himself and my spherical friend here has decided to stay with me, I'll ask you to take the warbeast back to the tribes and meet us there. Alright?"

He then turns to the god, presumably as they start walking.

"Firstly, you mentioned you would have to make new plans in the wake of this assault? What I propose may help you and your people stay alive over the future. Right now your tribes seem to be mostly confined to one heaven, and while their focused faith gives them strength, their small populace does render them relatively vulnerable to being killed all at once, robbing you of their powerbase. If you convince some of them to come with me on my journey through the infinite heavens, I could help them find suitable places to settle, to grow your base of worship and spread them out so they're not all in one place to be taken out at once. I'd ask only a small favor in return, but first tell me if this is a thing you'd wish to do."

Give my part of the prospective deal: I take a bunch of tribespeople on the warbeast and help them settle the infinite heavens so all the MB's worshipers won't get wiped out at once if they're attacked again. That sound like something he'd want to do?

"The thing I want to do is simple; attempting to grow my power to match the King's is foolish. Instead, I will work to undermine his empire and  insight rebellion against it. The great size and unity of his domain is the source of his power, if I can fracture it then his power is broken as well. As per taking my people with you, you would have to ask them. However, I'll warn you that even a few believers of great zeal probably won't do much."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: November 17, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »

Say
You know what might help? We could spread songs extolling one of the heroes of the Empire over another, and vice versa. Sow the seeds of dissension through praise, improperly applied. create sporting teams as it were and initiate rivalries. Throw a few riots, and you got yourself the makings of a civil war.

Hey, what's that about a beacon again? AM I even greater than I thought already? I am, I knew it. I never cease to amaze me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: November 18, 2016, 12:55:54 am »

"You misunderstand my intention, I think. I felt the power that courtier gave off; attempting to match it would be folly. But if you attempt to split his kingdom up and he takes preemptive action against you, your people may all die if he sends anyone stronger than the one you defeated. Even aside from having them as a source of faith, you seem to have an attachment to them, and so that's likely not a thing you want to happen. If I were to help a number of them find a home outside of this heaven, they're more proof against such an attempt. The only thing I'd ask in return is to be included in the songs of your children - not as anything approaching your importance to them obviously, but if you were the principal god in their myths, perhaps a minor figure of importance in their religious heirarchy? If I'm to reach the First Heaven, I'll need at least some power backing me."

Proposition tl;dr: I help some scarred tribesmen find a home outside of the heaven so they're not so vulnerable to headcaps and in return I get written into a minor role in their mythology. Win-win hopefully?
Sig! Onol

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: November 18, 2016, 10:04:49 am »

Continue to sit down.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: November 18, 2016, 10:11:52 am »

Mr. Bird nimbly moves his wing, grabbing the seed in his unnatural claws in a way that can't possibly be very practical.

"Bone fruit! Hah! That reminds me of those lovely days in Burma. Thank you kindly!"

Look around for a flowerpot on the warbeast. Or maybe a helmet with a hole in it. One of those should be there somewhere!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: November 18, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »

Dave flexes his knees a bit.  Was he bigger?  Hard to tell.  But it didn't really matter; this boon was amazing.

Strut around and act bigger.  Stick with the crowd.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: November 18, 2016, 09:06:50 pm »

Hyenakles watches Oz for obvious signs of beaconness. Babbling, frothing at the mouth, suspicious EM transmitance, etc.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: November 19, 2016, 01:02:03 am »

Sulk out somewhere on warbeast.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2877 on: November 19, 2016, 03:14:33 pm »

Say
You know what might help? We could spread songs extolling one of the heroes of the Empire over another, and vice versa. Sow the seeds of dissension through praise, improperly applied. create sporting teams as it were and initiate rivalries. Throw a few riots, and you got yourself the makings of a civil war.

Hey, what's that about a beacon again? AM I even greater than I thought already? I am, I knew it. I never cease to amaze me.

"No, rivalry may lower the over all number but will increase the force. When people rally behind something and think its their choice, their faith becomes far greater. And I highly doubt internal squabbling would collapse the empire; in the end the King would probably just kill off the problematic forces and increase his renown. You must remember that He was always powerful, even before he had the Empire. "

"You misunderstand my intention, I think. I felt the power that courtier gave off; attempting to match it would be folly. But if you attempt to split his kingdom up and he takes preemptive action against you, your people may all die if he sends anyone stronger than the one you defeated. Even aside from having them as a source of faith, you seem to have an attachment to them, and so that's likely not a thing you want to happen. If I were to help a number of them find a home outside of this heaven, they're more proof against such an attempt. The only thing I'd ask in return is to be included in the songs of your children - not as anything approaching your importance to them obviously, but if you were the principal god in their myths, perhaps a minor figure of importance in their religious heirarchy? If I'm to reach the First Heaven, I'll need at least some power backing me."

Proposition tl;dr: I help some scarred tribesmen find a home outside of the heaven so they're not so vulnerable to headcaps and in return I get written into a minor role in their mythology. Win-win hopefully?

"How many would you take?"

Continue to sit down.
You sit. You sit really hard. You think you might be sinking into the deck.

Mr. Bird nimbly moves his wing, grabbing the seed in his unnatural claws in a way that can't possibly be very practical.

"Bone fruit! Hah! That reminds me of those lovely days in Burma. Thank you kindly!"

Look around for a flowerpot on the warbeast. Or maybe a helmet with a hole in it. One of those should be there somewhere!
You search around the war beast until you find a metal bowl. Looks like it was supposed to be used for cooking, but will no doubt work as a flowerpot.

Dave flexes his knees a bit.  Was he bigger?  Hard to tell.  But it didn't really matter; this boon was amazing.

Strut around and act bigger.  Stick with the crowd.
You strut as well as you can on tiny dinosaur legs. It's not easy; your legs are clearly not designed to be lifted and kicked out in front of you very far. It results in a rather drunk and wobbly gait.

Sulk out somewhere on warbeast.
You lay around, nibbling on various things. Anything that gets close enough to your  mouth, really.

Hyenakles watches Oz for obvious signs of beaconness. Babbling, frothing at the mouth, suspicious EM transmitance, etc.
Unfortunately he's too far away to watch.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: November 19, 2016, 03:39:19 pm »

Punch a hole in the bottom of the pot (say, by dropping it from a great height onto a sharp outcropping of rock or maybe by asking Ryan to help out) and put it onto a corresponding platter after filling it with dirt from the holy ground around the Most-Beautiful. Then get some water from the corresponding holy spring to water it! See, it all works out!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: November 19, 2016, 05:08:18 pm »

"I'm entirely open to your suggestions on that front, seeing as I've no idea how many of them there are."

Dunno man, how many are there?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 241