Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 333734 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3180 on: February 03, 2017, 09:55:52 pm »

"Will you shut up for one second and tell me how you summoned that entity? Actually, given your recent feat just now it's likely that it's just the result of you gaining some measure of potency from your own incessant boasting. No use in that case. You will shut up or abandon this vessel."

Where'd John's body go again! I can't quite recall if we traded him away or not, but I think he had the gun. Go get that. If I happen to already have the gun on me for some reason, load it with one of my blood bullets.

Never mind, as I apparently can't remember stuff. Instead, just go back to the helm bit of the warbeast, not paying the least bit of attention to Sebastian.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:46:49 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: February 04, 2017, 04:45:07 am »

Where'd John's body go again! I can't quite recall if we traded him away or not, but I think he had the gun. Go get that. If I happen to already have the gun on me for some reason, load it with one of my blood bullets.

"You looking for the gun, old chap? Pawned that a while ago to the charmingly rural reptilian, was quite the trade!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: February 04, 2017, 11:32:52 am »

Take a sip or three of water to avoid the fight.
[2]
YOU KEEP DRINKING BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE THIS SITUATION ANY LESS STUPID! DRINK MORE!

Best idea I've heard today!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: February 04, 2017, 11:47:53 am »

"You looking for the gun, old chap? Pawned that a while ago to the charmingly rural reptilian, was quite the trade!"
((Whoops, forgot things that happened 5 seconds ago game time. Ah well, I know a deadlier weapon than a gun - abandonment!))
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: February 04, 2017, 05:13:55 pm »

I'm trying really hard to decide whether to edit my action or not.

I just know I will regret it if I do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: February 04, 2017, 05:27:54 pm »

I'm trying really hard to decide whether to edit my action or not.

I just know I will regret it if I do.
When PCs fight, everyone regrets it. Although this is hilarious for me, even though I didn't really want to get into this particular situation.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: February 04, 2017, 06:02:19 pm »

The battle was pretty hilarious.

For the record, when Xan started asking Sebastian how he summoned things, Sebastian had literally just forgotten what was going on - it was in the turn and everything.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: February 05, 2017, 03:28:56 am »

PW, where does Sebastian get power from? Don't tell me somebody started taking him seriously?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: February 05, 2017, 09:59:45 am »

PW, where does Sebastian get power from? Don't tell me somebody started taking him seriously?
are you kidding? Xan considers him a threat, and half the team ran and hid from that battle, fully expecting something bad to happen. they know Sebastian is not ... safe, exactly.

After the battle between Most Beautiful and that Emperor guy's herald, Sebastian was seen as a doorway of sorts. Nobody takes Sebastian's words seriously (except Dave and ryan, because Sebastian is encouraging them to think big), but they do take the risk he poses seriously.

Ironically, Sebastian himself takes none of the team's powers seriously. He's got grains of sand in his pockets that are more powerful than any of the party.

hey
You guys think I should retire Sebastian? Has he become more trouble than he's worth? I think his bragging is valuable, especially when we meet npcs, because his bragging rarely center's on himself, though he injects himself into every story. usually, the stories he tells are about someone else. I may have swung a little egocentric for a bit there though, but hell, if no one is paying attention to him, he dies, so it is only natural.

Anyway, if you guys think he should be booted, I'll argue for getting dropped off in the most populated area within relatively easy travel of Idol Henge, and he can go his merry way, and the Xan band can go their merry way.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: February 05, 2017, 04:11:29 pm »

Oh I'm all for keeping him around if we can work it, I like having him around and I'm not wanting him to have to be booted out the party just on account of him being troublesome. If that were the case across all RP games I'd have been unable to play so, so many.

This is just a speedbump is all.
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: February 05, 2017, 10:33:59 pm »

Oh I'm all for keeping him around if we can work it, I like having him around and I'm not wanting him to have to be booted out the party just on account of him being troublesome.

+1. I'm pretty sure Hyenakles would be long gone if that were the case.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: February 06, 2017, 12:47:07 am »

Yeah, gotta keep the little guy around. He's no better and no worse than Xan, after all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3192 on: February 06, 2017, 11:03:05 am »

"Well, they seem rather busy. Suppose we should take care of the pursuit then."

See if I can jigger the warbeast into following the tentacled crabthing.
"Well, they seem rather busy. Suppose we should take care of the pursuit then."

See if I can jigger the warbeast into following the tentacled crabthing.

"Yes! Plop it open like a tortoise! What's a tortoise?"

Or maybe guide warbeast into stomping on the crabthing so juicy meat will burst out.
[6]
You steer the warbeast back towards the wandering crabman and have it charge, well briskly walk, over towards him. Once you get close, you tell the engine spirit to stomp the crabman. He protests that this is an incredibly poor idea, but does it anyways. The beast slowly lifts a foot and then slams it down right on the crabman.

Love me, hate me, I will always be me!

IT'S JOHN CENA!
*starts humming the theme song*

Absorb the energy of the crowd! Exult in the cheering of the masses, and the very memetic reactions to our performance! Gain protagonist strength from the cliffhanger (Or, warbeasthanger) and come back, stronger than before. If Xan presses the assault, dodge and let him fall dramatically, like the movie villain he so chooses to be. Summon a monstrosity to eat Xan, since he is intent on killing Sebastian.

Sebastian sits down and licks his forepaw, ear twitching. he then goes to tell Dave the mighty and Ryan the very large about the Epic Battle - including their own valiant parts as Heroic Monster Chaser away and Noble Steed.

"Will you shut up for one second and tell me how you summoned that entity? Actually, given your recent feat just now it's likely that it's just the result of you gaining some measure of potency from your own incessant boasting. No use in that case. You will shut up or abandon this vessel."

Never mind, as I apparently can't remember stuff. Instead, just go back to the helm bit of the warbeast, not paying the least bit of attention to Sebastian.

Grumbling and bragging ensues.

Xan, you madman, you're only making him stronger.

Take a sip or three of water to avoid the fight.
[2]
YOU KEEP DRINKING BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE THIS SITUATION ANY LESS STUPID! DRINK MORE!

Best idea I've heard today!
[2]
Oh god, you think you might be developing a tolerance!

You all are. Not revereance but you certainly believe he has power, if only the power to make things go horrifically wrong.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: February 06, 2017, 01:15:47 pm »

boooooolll sheeeeeettt. The first time I ever saw him doing something that wasn't obviously just Infinite Empire using him as a puppet was him summoning crab man.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: February 06, 2017, 01:22:07 pm »

((Oh, I can't do much about that, since that would require denying objective reality, something I'm not strong enough to do yet. I can do, however, is exploit that fact for my own gain.))

"It's too bad, really," Xankarvo continues. "I could have shown you how to control whatever paltry gift you're developing, but I suppose with the current path you're taking you're simply doomed to an agonizing, mewling, pathetic death as your own soul rips itself apart. I'll enjoy watching that, at the least."

Say this nice and loudly, to sow the seeds of doubt. Then go head up to the helm, see where we're going. We need to stop so I can retrieve some of these idols and unlock their secrets.

boooooolll sheeeeeettt. The first time I ever saw him doing something that wasn't obviously just Infinite Empire using him as a puppet was him summoning crab man.
((Funnily enough Xan doesn't even think that summoning the crab thing was a power Sebastian had, he just figured it's a thing anyone can do and that the cat stumbled on it by accident. He can clearly do something what with the pulling the chair out of thin air, but that's about it far as I can tell.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 241