Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 411317 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3915 on: April 14, 2024, 07:23:36 am »

Oh, forgot about that. Whoops.

In the interests of clarity: The True Traps of Dying is the real, functional one with the rewards at the end. The 'original' Traps of Dying is the one which I abandoned then restarted next door after it kept crashing three months into 1097, so all that site has is the entrance portion and no rewards. So, y'know, go to the True Traps of Dying instead.

Also, bloody hell that is impressive - both that the game file's stayed so stable after all this time, and the fact you're even able to modify the photoshop map even further.

EDIT: Well, smeg. Seems the Maximum Fun Chamber doesn't work. Whoops  :-X.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 01:46:29 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 14, 2024, 09:06:22 am »

The narrow, long map makes it very easy to navigate on a desktop.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 14, 2024, 06:32:22 pm »

That's definitely true.

I was trying to make a horrible sadistic trap corridor too. Need to finish it. I need to sign on for another turn to do that, so please add me to the list.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 15, 2024, 07:04:59 am »

Hey, Bralbaard and the gang's back.

I am posting to say I have been lurking, but in the last few months I got burned out by the game. As for the wiki, since LV broke, I lost the momentum I had for writing articles. I have since fixed my computer and LV seems to work again, but I can't get back that momentum. Maybe in the future. Something that also pushed me was to make a decent number of (quality) articles so the wiki wouldn't be in danger, and now with over 1300 articles, I'm confident it will remain up as long as the wiki farm exists. I'll still edit any glaring issues and inconsistencies I see if I get to an interesting article, so the wiki is still relatively maintained and watched over.

As it is, I don't think I'll participate in any end-game event, but I just want to say I very much enjoyed Orid Xem with all the madness it threw at us. I'm glad I could contribute, not necessarily to the Museum itself, but to the world and I want to thanks Avolition once again for resurrecting my character and allowing him to continue to (un)live, hopefully until the end of the game. I look forward to what everyone will be doing in this world and maybe I'll get some inspiration and return for the new world.

I'll still be lurking and posting on this thread, so this isn't goodbye or anything, but I want to thank everyone for the great time this thread brought to all of us.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 15, 2024, 02:55:22 pm »

Good to know you'll still be around. I kind of had the same issue with the game over the last few months. Mostly because the current DF version has no adventure mode and I am an adventure mode player.
But now that the adventure mode release is days away, excitement is slowly building back up.

Anyhow, just want to let you know that all the work you've done on the wiki is greatly appreciated.

As for museum IV, Once the new version is out, I'll start experimenting with generating new worlds, we probably should wait a few bugfix releases before jumping in. 

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: April 17, 2024, 09:45:03 am »

I wonder what'll be the next noob killer? We had howling freaks and the tundra here, and giant scorpions in the first. I don't think the second game ran on long enough for any particular problem to crop up...

I sure do hope the next world has a nightmare biome, I wanna see bogeymen again!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: April 17, 2024, 03:38:45 pm »

I wonder what'll be the next noob killer? We had howling freaks and the tundra here, and giant scorpions in the first. I don't think the second game ran on long enough for any particular problem to crop up...

I sure do hope the next world has a nightmare biome, I wanna see bogeymen again!

don't boogeymen only come out at night and not come from just a "nightmare biome" or rather a evil biome?
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: April 17, 2024, 04:26:21 pm »

Lurker, rest well loremaster. Your documenting helped me find strange and interesting things. Stories in the world. Was happy to lend a hand or five. Hope you participate in the future.

As for the end game, where are we on that? As I would like to run the world for a while and see it in the far future

EDIT - Adventure mode beta branch is out now
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: April 18, 2024, 08:01:34 pm »

As for the end game, where are we on that? As I would like to run the world for a while and see it in the far future

I was waiting to see if there were more interest on it. I could set it up, but I feel like a few of you guys are far better at designing stuff like this than me. Whatever you guys need from me I'm down.

We also need our GM, Bralbaard, to do the honors of the final play. Also we need a list of all the adventurers participating in the final battle.

I didn't wanna assume someone wanted to take part, their characters die, and them be upset.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: April 19, 2024, 09:06:23 pm »

Yeah, I'll definitely need a turn to get my character ready.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: April 21, 2024, 11:42:07 am »

who has the save right now, seems to have gone pretty quiet.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: April 21, 2024, 12:42:59 pm »

I've picked up the save but I am going to be out of the country for the next few days. I hope nobody minds if there is a delay on my uploading the next save.
I think it's kesperan.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: April 21, 2024, 04:06:43 pm »

I've picked up the save but I am going to be out of the country for the next few days. I hope nobody minds if there is a delay on my uploading the next save.
I think it's kesperan.
yeah it's Kespie

Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: April 22, 2024, 07:29:06 am »

Yeah, sorry about the lack of updates. My play time has been limited but making progress.

I will have the save up in the next few days, I promise!

Edit: Here is the save:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PApi95Zk72KGSEDeuFlG4Bz_axXr4gcT/view?usp=drive_link
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 11:05:37 pm by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: April 24, 2024, 04:25:53 pm »

oh shit it's my turn now.... uhhh let me download this real quick and I'll do some of my turn today with some new characters, I decided to put Rodish and their party a bit on hold, I may return to them next turn or not and the ending of this game happens after this turn of mine after a couple of other turns, who knows

Civs+ Mod
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263