Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 7: City Secured  (Read 16169 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 0: The Beggining...
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 05:13:56 pm »

(Can we please have a update? As much as I like this idea, it would be best to keep momentum, so that it doesn't end up being a dead game cause some people didn't log in today.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 05:49:06 pm »

Sorin seems to be having much trouble holding up the newborn dragon. His arms are shaking, and he has to put Lan down after a few seconds.

"D..Damn, that's a heavy baby ! You better learn to walk fast, cause I ain't carrying you around !" Sorin says to Lan, before laughing loudly. He then looks at the king.

"Thanks for this present, your Majesty. I shall prove myself worthy of it." Sorin respectfully declares.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:53:52 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 11:21:03 pm »

Spoiler: If it's not too late (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:51 am »

CHAPTER 1 TURN 1 (2ndH1)

Nirur Torir/Sarah and Serentity:
Ask about assets (Food/lodgings/training availability), what our first task is, and how long we have to be ready.
(3)"Well unfotuantly we can't spare much in the way of food or lodgings, this place is falling apart as it is, however we can spare some leather armour and a a full suit of platemail, but your going to have to decide who uses what yourselves."

S34N1C/John Cassius and Polly:
"Avast, ther ya wee Dragon. Tha name's John, and I guess I'm you're rider."

Polly cocks her head a bit as John talks to her. While the influx of his memories is flowing through her, she occasionally gives a faint imitation of a parrot's squawk.
"Hellow!" The dragons sais, before imating a parrot's squawk perfectly!

Dustan Hache/Ardal and Darken(/Nibbles):
At first, the sensation was mild. A feeling like someone reading over his shoulder, watching his life as if it was a book with pictures. Then another set of eyes, and another, and the pages began to flip faster as each new mind wanted to learn more and more culminating in a spearing headache, then silence.
After coming to his senses from having thousands of little minds rummaging through his memories, he picks up the egg that holds dakern and asks the king for advice on what he should do to grow his dragons.
"Well with most dragons you have to feed them their element to keep them hungry, however I doubt that would work with your... special case. From what I can tell yours don't need to eat!"

Rautherdir/Scarlet and Ghir:
Well, I guess the RNG hates me today. Ah well, just means more !!FUN!! By the way, are we doing the 5 actions per turn yet?

"It seems to me we now have a connection with our dragons. Are there any tasks or troubles that would offer our group an opportunity to test our collective abilities?"

Test the mental connection with Ghir and ask about our next task.
(2) The mental connection is normal.

NRDL/Gaidar Nix and Kostya:
"Hello there young one. My name is Nix. You are Kostya. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Start playing with my new friend.
(3)You start playing 'catch the finger', which Kostya seems to enjoy.

Failbird105/Agusto Durrance and Carbo:
I would assume he would need to try some to find out.
Alright

"Well 'ey there. I'd introduce m'self but I guess you already know who I am."

listen to the others questions and the answers they recieve, while rummaging through his coal bag for a small piece to offer to Carbo, let's find out if coal dragons actually eat the stuff.

You get one of the smallest pieces you can find, and feed it to Carbo. Carbo munches on it joyfully, and you see a strange energy shine from him! "Aaah, I see you have discovered that you can make your dragons stronger by feeding them, good, just don't feed them to often, or they'll get addicted, and we've all heard the story of Jacko the Wacko!" (You can feed them once every 5 turns.)

killerhellhound/Yarrick and Farblood:
Hey there little guy

Play with my new friend
(5)You start play peek-a-boo, which Farblood really seems to enjoy! (bond increased)

Legendary Marksdorf/Sorin and Lan:
Sorin seems to be having much trouble holding up the newborn dragon. His arms are shaking, and he has to put Lan down after a few seconds.

"D..Damn, that's a heavy baby ! You better learn to walk fast, cause I ain't carrying you around !" Sorin says to Lan, before laughing loudly. He then looks at the king.

"Thanks for this present, your Majesty. I shall prove myself worthy of it." Sorin respectfully declares.
"I'm sure you will, Sorin, i'm sure you will."

Spoiler: Gaidar Nix and Kostya (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John Cassius and Polly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sorin and Lan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yarrick and Farblood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scarlet and Ghir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarah and Serenity (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:14:20 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 04:09:31 am »

"Almost got itttttttt....nope!  Almost got ittttttt....nope!"

Train Kostya's reflexes using the catch the finger game.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 1: Finger Catch!
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 06:56:29 am »

Laughing and playing with his new friend Varrack took a look around for a fire place for Farblood to enjoy resting in or a torch to feed him
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:28:45 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 08:25:18 am »

"Yahahaha! I think we're goons get on just fine."

John picks up Polly and places her on his shoulder, then does some magic tricks with a good coin to entertain her.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 09:12:20 am »

Play with Ghir

"Some of us may have an easier time finding food for our dragons than others. Agusto has already found his dragon's preferred food, and Ardal's ... dragons apparently don't need to eat. John, your dragon's scales shimmer like water, perhaps that is what she would like. Yarrick, you probably have the right idea with fire. Sorin, your dragon appears to have scales of metal, you could try feeding him some. Gaidar ... I'm not sure what your dragon would like. Neither am I sure what my dragon or Sarah's dragon would like. I would love to hear your suggestions as to what we do next, though. And as Sorin has already said, thank you for this gift, your majesty."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 09:14:41 am »

"That's a good idea, matey!"

After doing the coin tricks, try feeding Polly some water
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 09:28:55 am »

Hearing about the available armor Yarrick pipes up

I'll take the plate armor if it fits me as it looks to me that I'm the best equipped for a toe to toe fight

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2016, 03:52:08 pm »

Sarah studies Serenity for a few minutes and picks her up. "You must be hungry. Do you know what you want to eat?"

Try to figure out what Serenity wants to eat. Think of various foods at her (Including holy water and any foods symbolically linked to or favored by the gods).

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2016, 07:36:50 pm »

"Well, might as well find something they'd like to try regardless. Maybe use it to give them some exercise."
Try to find some food that nibbles might like to try, and use it to play with them in a way that challenges their problem solving skills.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:41:36 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2016, 02:57:35 pm »

"May I have the leather armour ?" Sorin politely asks.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 0: The Beggining
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2016, 04:10:56 pm »

CHAPER 1 TURN 2 (2ndH1)

Nirur Torir/Sarah and Serentity:
Sarah studies Serenity for a few minutes and picks her up. "You must be hungry. Do you know what you want to eat?"

Try to figure out what Serenity wants to eat. Think of various foods at her (Including holy water and any foods symbolically linked to or favored by the gods).
(1) You try to feed her multiple different things, but she doesn't seem to like any of them! Not only that, but she seems a bit mad at you! (Bond decreased)

S34N1C/John Cassius and Polly:
"Yahahaha! I think we're goons get on just fine."

John picks up Polly and places her on his shoulder, then does some magic tricks with a good coin to entertain her.
"That's a good idea, matey!"

After doing the coin tricks, try feeding Polly some water
(1) You try doing the coin tricks, but Polly angrily bites one of the coins out of your hand and swallows it! As she does it, you see the same glow coming from Polly as the one that came from Carbo got given his favourite food... (Bond decreased)

Dustan Hache/Ardal and Darken(/Nibbles):
"Well, might as well find something they'd like to try regardless. Maybe use it to give them some exercise."
Try to find some food that nibbles might like to try, and use it to play with them in a way that challenges their problem solving skills.
(1) You try to play with them, but they start nipping your fingers painfully, like being slowly nibbled by a horde of tiny insects! (Bond decreased! Name change possibility opened!)

Rautherdir/Scarlet and Ghir:
Play with Ghir

"Some of us may have an easier time finding food for our dragons than others. Agusto has already found his dragon's preferred food, and Ardal's ... dragons apparently don't need to eat. John, your dragon's scales shimmer like water, perhaps that is what she would like. Yarrick, you probably have the right idea with fire. Sorin, your dragon appears to have scales of metal, you could try feeding him some. Gaidar ... I'm not sure what your dragon would like. Neither am I sure what my dragon or Sarah's dragon would like. I would love to hear your suggestions as to what we do next, though. And as Sorin has already said, thank you for this gift, your majesty."
(6) You say this while playing with Ghir, who seems to really be enjoying it! Although, MAYBE he's enjoying it a bit to much? Eh naaaaah (Bond increased! Possibility for trait!)

NRDL/Gaidar Nix and Kostya:
"Almost got itttttttt....nope!  Almost got ittttttt....nope!"

Train Kostya's reflexes using the catch the finger game.
(5) You play catch the finger some more, and she is definetly getting faster, while also seemingly enjoying herself! (Bond increased! Possibility for trait!)

Failbird105/Agusto Durrance and Carbo:
(6) Failbird just pets Carbo, increasing their bond! (Bond increased!)

killerhellhound/Yarrick and Farblood:
Laughing and playing with his new friend Varrack took a look around for a fire place for Farblood to enjoy resting in or a torch to feed him

Hearing about the available armor Yarrick pipes up

I'll take the plate armor if it fits me as it looks to me that I'm the best equipped for a toe to toe fight

"Yes, it does fit you, and yes you are probabaly the best equipped for it, i'll get it for you right away!" the king sais, motioning to a gaurd (plate armour arrives next turn). You look around, and see the neartest braizer, which you quickly put Farblood on. Farblood glows!

Legendary Marksdorf/Sorin and Lan:
"May I have the leather armour ?" Sorin politely asks.
"Sure, we have enough sets for every except two people, one of which is getting the plate armour!" (leather armour arrives next turn.)

Spoiler: Gaidar Nix and Kostya (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John Cassius and Polly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sorin and Lan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yarrick and Farblood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scarlet and Ghir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarah and Serenity (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile...
Gerran trudges through the sand with the dragon egg, the egg that the king had orded Gerran to deliver to the capital days ago. Surely now everything would be other, and it would be too late for him to deliver the egg. "No, must...deliver...egg..." he mutters, as he walks forward. He hears the sound of horses aproaching him from behind, and stops, collapsing onto his knees. He had gone for days without food, water, or sleep, and he was so tired... so tired... NO, he MUST stay awake, or they'll get him, and, and, and... *ACHOO* He sneezes, before falling onto the ground and rolling over to look at the sky, and the horses aproaching him... so tired...(This, is how I am going to make the waitlist fun! By detailing their journey in such a way, that if someone dies, the waitlisters actually does apear out of somwhere, instead of nowhere! Don't mistake it as you being able to make actions though.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 03:42:21 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raise A Dragon. Turn 2: Angry dragons and Tiredness
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2016, 04:34:23 pm »

"Well, you're a feisty one aren't ya! And I seem to have found what you like to eat! This is going to get expensive very quickly isn't it. . ."

John sets Polly down and begins throwing her gold coins (like one would treats for a dog)

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10