_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5759786 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Heh. I guess it can't simulate Jim very well since he never used the VR machine - although he did consider it - but it has Milno spot on. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Oh, thank you very much. I guess I have already said that line, but still: I thank you very much.
Take the kettle and the mugs back to cafeteria. Make the tea (use a fair amount of leaves, though not all of them at once), then bring the kettle and the mugs to the VR machines.

QUICKEDIT: ((@IronyOwl I'm precisely going to do that - scavenge the useful materials on missions to make resource pool back on board. I mean, other than that seemingly inexhaustible pile of garbage from a single broken table :) ))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:47:35 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Heh. I guess it can't simulate Jim very well since he never used the VR machine - although he did consider it - but it has Milno spot on. ^^^)
((According to IronyOwl himself, the original idea was putting Elisaz and AM inside the small room. But then again I think it would be more of a "how many minutes will he survive?" kind of thing.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith struggled for a moment, caught between being indignant at the assumption and acknowledging that he was correct. She wondered if this was what bad people felt like every time someone correctly assumed something they had no way of knowing.

She then quickly cleared the simulation, wondering what she should do next. Preferably something not involving AI-Milno blaming everything on her.

Then, it occurred to her. What kinds of aliens were out there?

Access and examine library of known alien life forms.

((EDIT: Dear god they are fucked on the mission. And I liked Feyri and Jim too. :())
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 02:35:08 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The best ones at stopping projectiles first. Weight is a non-issue.

Then, the best at stopping lasers. Same this, weight is a non-issue.
Well, best is debatable. I'm assuming you want something man portable, not insanely expensive, and fairly standard in design? The best armors for projectiles tend to be multilayered things, not simply a single material, and anti-laser defenses tend to be layers of reflective material placed over standard armors.

Mmmmmm, sugar! Neil eagerly gulps the rest down.
You chug the rest of the drink. Mmm, something-berry.

"Hrm.. That's not interesting. I think I'll cheat."

Reveal the enemy(-ies) with the console/whatever.
You pause the simulation and tell it to reveal the enemies. The ground beneath your feet goes partially transparent and you can see something very large, long and serpentine deep  below you.

((I am using the same wasteland setting I have spawned some actions ago. You know, like the second mission's planethammerspace, but with less living fungi and no mindscrew.))
"I bet it's Faith's fault."

"Why you say that?"

"Just a feeling."
((I'd say I can identify Milno in that one and he's quite in-character so far. And he is right about it being Faith's fault, in a way.))
At short distances the system doesn't seem to work very well at all, however at medium distances it certainly makes you harder to see, but no where near invisible.

[dex:1] You grab the door and begin opening it as quietly as possible. The door creaks and then thuds heavily to the ground before falling back into the hall and pinning your arm beneath it. The man, unsurprisingly, turns around to face you, his rifle in hand.

((hmmm, that is unfortunate :)))

Ope the door with a kick and start shooting in the direction of where I saw the guy stand before the door closed on me.
Sorry if it wasn't obvious but the door actually fell off it's hinges and partially fell on you. Hard to open it now :P

Oh, thank you very much. I guess I have already said that line, but still: I thank you very much.
Take the kettle and the mugs back to cafeteria. Make the tea (use a fair amount of leaves, though not all of them at once), then bring the kettle and the mugs to the VR machines.

QUICKEDIT: ((@IronyOwl I'm precisely going to do that - scavenge the useful materials on missions to make resource pool back on board. I mean, other than that seemingly inexhaustible pile of garbage from a single broken table :) ))
(there were a few tables in there, and the only things anyone has taken from there are a few pipes.

You head back to the rec room and brew yourself up a kettle worth of mystery tea and then carry it and the mugs over to the vr machines.

Faith struggled for a moment, caught between being indignant at the assumption and acknowledging that he was correct. She wondered if this was what bad people felt like every time someone correctly assumed something they had no way of knowing.

She then quickly cleared the simulation, wondering what she should do next. Preferably something not involving AI-Milno blaming everything on her.

Then, it occurred to her. What kinds of aliens were out there?

Access and examine library of known alien life forms.

((EDIT: Dear god they are fucked on the mission. And I liked Feyri and Jim too. :())
Ones you know or all species known to man. Because that second one is like asking for a list of all the animals on earth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Fair point.

How about a random selection from the list of races with fairly human-ish tech levels, methods of thinking, and so on. Stuff that could conceivably be in negotiations or vaguely traditional warfare with humans, in other words.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Can I just get a list of materials, man? That's all I'm asking for. I know that composites are better, but what do I make the composite OF? Eh, never mind for now, time to go and... convince the doctor to put the legs I just designed on me.))

Exit VR and head to the medbay, looking for the Doc.

When I find him:

Alright, doc, your little experiment with extreme cybernetics is starting to get a little annoyed. If you look in the database, you should see a new cybernetic leg design, made by me. I want them, on my body, instead of these cyber-spider things. And while you're at it, I want normal arms, not these mechadendrites. I might get mechadendrites again later, but not for my primary arms.

And before you complain about efficiency, I will tell you this now: I do not care. This is my body, I would like at least some semblance of control over how it is altered. I appreciate your experimentation, I just ask that it is not on me.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:05:11 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Sorry if it wasn't obvious but the door actually fell off it's hinges and partially fell on you. Hard to open it now :P

((Aaah, I see.))

In that case, assuming that my free arm is still holding the laser rifle, attempt to blast enemy in the face with it.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Mesk is the worst medic EVER. He's also going to die when we get back to the ship. Horribly.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Mesk is the worst medic EVER. He's also going to die when we get back to the ship. Horribly.))

((I get the feeling that that is something he won't have to worry about much longer :)))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Huzzah! There can't be two worst medics ever, which means...! :D

...except yeah, he's probably not gonna be worst medic ever very long. :x ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((If the mission doesn't get him, Bishop will.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Instead of Worst Medic, I'm temped to call Mesk Kickboxing Doctor, since he does try to help his patients in a twisted kind of way. Faith does not, but at least the fact she does not care at all for the wounded people means she won't go around kicking them.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Kickboxing Doctor))
((This has a strangely nice ring to it.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Kickboxing Doctor))
((This has a strangely nice ring to it.))

((Mesk is like Chuck Norris with a medical degree))
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 2101