Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Flameproof Goblins

(1/5) > >>

Gergination:
I put three Fire Imps in my arena thinking I'd have some fun with them.

Turns out they won't attack goblins.  I even tossed some of my pets in there to get the imps to breathe fire.  The goblins were getting covered in flames and didn't even have a scratch on them.

Is there a way to get the imps to light the goblins on fire (short of dumping magma in the pit)?

Albedo:
There's a not-quite-recent thread that covered this somewhere.

Jim Groovester:
Do you have temperature on?

Gergination:
I do have temperature on as the imps caused one of my dwarfs to explode after lighting it (can't remember the gender) on fire.

I guess I'll just have to start tossing all my bred wolves in there to take care of the loose goblins.

Jim Groovester:
Herm. Well then. From my recollections of adventure mode where I likely had temperature off, dragon fire, and probably by extension, imp fire, can be blocked with a shield. Do the goblins still have their equipment?

In any case, if you want flaming goblins, I recommend using magma to ignite pieces of charcoal, and creatively leading goblins to it, or using the flaming charcoal to set grass outside on fire and burning the goblins away in an enclosed field. Far more reliable than fire imps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version