Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ArchéAgé Béta keys (all taken)  (Read 2223 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
ArchéAgé Béta keys (all taken)
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:49:27 pm »

NOTICE: These are for the second beta event, which started today and lasts until Monday August 4th. They are first-come first-serve, and the game does have a 20gb download, so if you don't have the time/bandwidth then please leave them for someone who will make use of them.

It's a sandbox MMO with a heavy emphasis on tradeskills. Raise pets and mounts, hang-glide to get around, experiment with different sets of classes, plant crops and butcher farm animals for meat and leather, write sheet-music and play it in-game. In the endgame you can look forward to massive fights against open-world bosses, sieges on other guilds castles, boat-battles, and lots more.

Again, first-come first-serve, enjoy~

YN7L-XCKL-G3TP-RZPZ-T6QL
EF6D-ZRKY-9WX7-FJPL-PRC9
GTGM-GWQ2-NTGM-HZMW-ZRXD
L9JK-ZTMC-K7WN-6N63-FGR2
DLZ7-FP2X-LWGT-KRX7-GY7X
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:44:36 am by Folly »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: ArchéAgé Béta keys
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:00:59 pm »

hm...thanks for that, I'll give the game a try, seen what its like somewhat already, since your the one putting out the keys any preference of what side I should play then?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:02:47 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:36 pm »

Thanks for the keys, though I haven't taken one. The game refuses to go past the character creation. Always crashes... ;_;

As for classes, etgfrog, you just choose 3 different skilltrees(out of 10) and it names your class based on what you have.
Say you take the skill trees Battlerage, Defense, and Vitalism, you're class is Paladin. I think there are ways you can switch out your trees, too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:53 pm »

Hmm... how do I even use those keys?

Though I have a feeling they are already taken.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:50:51 pm »

Sign in to Trion Worlds and go to this link: https://archeage.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow
Then you enter the code there.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:18 pm »

I took the third key

Thank you :D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:12:20 pm by Neonivek »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 10:12:29 pm »

I poached the last key.  These are the guys who made/published Rift?  I played that for a time.  Maybe combat will be different?  The boat in the trailer is pretty damned low...

I guess I'll get it downloaded in a day or 2.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 08:44:22 am »

These are the guys who made/published Rift?

Trion, the team who made Rift, are publishing it. It's originally developed by a Korean team. That being said, Trion have stated that they intend to more than just translate, and are in fact tweaking many game mechanics to more appropriately fit what western audiences have come to expect from MMO's.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ArchéAgé Béta keys (all taken)
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 09:33:55 am »

Well my thoughts on this game...

Its alright as far as Free to Play are.

I will warn people that: It is by far... Pay to win... inexcusably so. If you are serious about playing the game, you have to get a subscription. Until then think of playing it normally like an extended demo

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So just make sure this is the game you want to play.

If your wondering why I am not OUTRAGED that a free to play game is actually pay to win... it is because it is the standard. I typically expect it in my Free to play games. I just try to find the least intolerable and the most fun. I am actually more disappointed because if the game wasn't gunning for your wallet so hard it could be REALLY fun for non-patrons in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:36:43 am by Neonivek »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:49 am »

Pay to win

A note on this point, the Patron status can be traded/sold as an item in-game. So, if you manage to turn a decent profit with your tradeskills, you could potentially keep your Patron status without spending any real money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 11:54:41 am »

Pay to win

A note on this point, the Patron status can be traded/sold as an item in-game. So, if you manage to turn a decent profit with your tradeskills, you could potentially keep your Patron status without spending any real money.

Mind you, your earning potential is FAR inferior to anyone who pays money (well unless you play for like 40 hours a week). So I am not sure if the market will be generous towards free users.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:57:49 am by Neonivek »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »

Apparently I need roughly 50gb of space to download/install it.  ... I've gotta figure out what to uninstall.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 02:51:13 pm »

Hm...interesting...the free to play system makes sense and is actually in my opinion very good setup since it will put a huge hindrance on bots(which plauged rift quite a bit). As a free player you would be better suited for being an underling in a guild, someone who adds to the guild numbers and is around for fights and aiding others. I very well suspect the better players could do just fine without paying.

It should be noted that so far I cannot find a 1 handed magic attack weapon, but I'm only level 13 so far and I'm almost regretting picking defense as a 3rd option.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 06:05:05 pm »

Damn D: I really wanted to get in the alpha/beta

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 06:34:33 pm »

Can't believe I missed this. I've been stalking ArcheAge and signing up to Twitter giveaways for months. I checked Bay12 earlier today, too. :(

Oh well.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: [1] 2