Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 272613 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2015, 01:22:14 pm »

"Sssss. I will do the dirty work. I am usssssed to itsss." Sssslavina Ssslithers.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2015, 01:30:13 pm »

"Alright, I'll help with the festival. A singed backside should get any troublemakers to think twice about starting anything."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2015, 03:25:33 pm »

"This one believes it would be better suited to the festival.  Dar'yajira is not suitable for using shovels."  The cat raises a front paw, and flexes his claws.

Festival, if I can get in.  Adorable kitties are wonderful for riot control!  And not very good for digging.

Also, I think a natural armory progression would work best.  We've got several people who wouldn't even be able to use most armory equipment.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »

"This one believes it would be better suited to the festival.  Dar'yajira is not suitable for using shovels."  The cat raises a front paw, and flexes his claws.

Festival, if I can get in.  Adorable kitties are wonderful for riot control!  And not very good for digging.

Also, I think a natural armory progression would work best.  We've got several people who wouldn't even be able to use most armory equipment.

((Jack's not even going to really USE equipment if he can help it, since with protection magic and fire magic he can form armors out of flame. :P))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2015, 03:50:46 pm »

Grrr... *Cough, splutter* sorry had something in my throat.

Not going to happen. Fun fact: wasps actually have a method of sharing energy between each other so they don't die from over-exertion. This enables 30 wasps to raid a beehive 30 000 bees strong for honey and win with no casualties ((Although I'd say whatever company 'owns' us would harvest the honey semi-regularly for the profits, as the Queen is little more than a slave))
apples and coconuts, gamer me lad.

I have +2 constitution, a sturdy ass exoskeleton, and ive taken attack deflection as a specialty.

you can kill an apple, but my guy is a coconut.
Theoretical question: Could your guy defend himself agains numerous very small foes who have venom that hurts a lot.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2015, 04:33:11 pm »

Yes, thats my entire point.

my guy could ignore them completely.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2015, 04:53:38 pm »

Grrr... *Cough, splutter* sorry had something in my throat.

Not going to happen. Fun fact: wasps actually have a method of sharing energy between each other so they don't die from over-exertion. This enables 30 wasps to raid a beehive 30 000 bees strong for honey and win with no casualties ((Although I'd say whatever company 'owns' us would harvest the honey semi-regularly for the profits, as the Queen is little more than a slave))
apples and coconuts, gamer me lad.

I have +2 constitution, a sturdy ass exoskeleton, and ive taken attack deflection as a specialty.

you can kill an apple, but my guy is a coconut.
Theoretical question: Could your guy defend himself agains numerous very small foes who have venom that hurts a lot.
He could.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2015, 05:56:04 pm »

Spoiler: Aylia (click to show/hide)
"I... I'll go where I'm needed. Wherever you want me to go sir."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2015, 06:10:23 pm »

Spoiler: Aylia (click to show/hide)
"I... I'll go where I'm needed. Wherever you want me to go sir."
hi I'm Reggie wanna be friends?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2015, 06:48:35 pm »

Sir? Do I look like an officer to you, miss?

Alright, you lot
the Man says, pointing out Cho-Ja, Jack, the Eye, Dar'yajira, Fiddler, Subjects Wa through Wk, and Big Bigger, Follow Hendricks here. he's the one waving. On your left. Your OTHER left. That's him.

And you lot
gesturing at Ssslavina, Durmokh, Clunkers, Sirkie, Ebony, Reggie, (Terrance, pending Doc's agreement) and Aylia, Go get in that boat over there. The big wooden thing sitting in the sand. That's a crate. Get out of the crate. The bigger wooden thing. There you go.

Freshies. All of them.

Team One
Team One follows an unshaven, scarred man in leather along a hardpacked trail in the desert, away from the greenery and down, through a rugged crevasse and into the slightly cooler air below. After some time, they xit onto the floor of a canyon of sorts, which curves in a rough arc in both directions from their entrance. Their guide gives them little time to gawk, leading them along the wall to a low opening, through which he ducks. Then down a long hall to an empty sandstone room. Several stone archways line the perimeter of the room, and the man walks up to one, pulls out a gem the size of his fist, inserts it into an indentation, and strikes the stone inside the arch with a short, metal rod. The stone wall shimmers, then goes still and black. In you go.

You all enter the blackness of the archway and walk forward several steps in blackness before seeing a dim light ahead, which turns out to be coming from under a doorway at the top of a set of stairs, on the other side of a large room, filled with benches standing on end, mops and buckets, musty rags, and a rather large metal furnace.

Team Two
Team Two makes their way to the boat sitting in the desert, they climb in and settle in. the armored man shouts a few more instructions at them, about equipment in crates, and about sitting still for the journey. it is a tad crowded in the boat with all seven of you in there, but you are able to find seats and other accommodations. Just as whichever of you inevitably decides to start rifling through the supplies gets up to do so, the boat lurches forward, propelled by some unknown drive, throwing the comical unfortunate backward over their seat. Al eyes are turned toward him or her when you hear a splash and feel the boat rocking in a most unterrestrial manner. Looking out, you find yourself adrift on a small lake surrounded by bog and mire, an ugly little grey town on the near shore. Those of you with intelligence above a -1 have decided instantly that whoever named Seahaven was an idiot, or a very cruel person.

Important, Please look here!
When you post actions for the GM, please begin your post with two things. 1) your character name, and 2) your team. Make ONE action post. you are allowed to edit this action before the turn, but do not erase actions. instead, strike them through and post your new action after the strikethrough, preferably on a new line. Bold Actions or I won't use them. I will probably miss colored bold actions. similar to ER, of course, for you veterans of that game. please assist the others graciously, even ifyour character is planning on stabbing theirs in the back in the next turn.

Finally, it's a game, and a role play. let's have fun! Thank you all for being here!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2015, 06:53:00 pm »

==Team One==
==Eye Mk. 00.01==
>"Engaging localized aerial surveillance protocols.  Providing temporally current view access pane."
>Requesting that remote communication be added as a feature for the next model.

Translation:
The Eye will leave the magical equivalent of a tablet behind for any one person to use.  They will then take to the skies.
They also submitted a request for better communications artifacts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:30:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2015, 07:04:23 pm »

seahaven it looks....AMAZING! IN ALL MY 3 DAYS OF LIFE THIS IS THE BEST TOWN IVE SEEN!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »

==Team One==
Big Bigger than Big Mad Simmie Mad Simmie

Ach, where's all th' booze?
Simmie starts looking around the room to see if there's any booze or loot.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:13:38 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2015, 07:10:39 pm »

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Grumble grumble stuck with an Elf grumble grumble in the middle of a damned lake grumble grumble stupid Alchemist grumble grumble no booze.

Is the boat still moving, are are we going to have to find a paddle?

((That's my line!))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2015, 07:12:12 pm »

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Grumble grumble stuck with an Elf grumble grumble in the middle of a damned lake grumble grumble stupid Alchemist grumble grumble no booze.

Is the boat still moving, are are we going to have to find a paddle?

((That's my line!))
what's an elf?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 194