Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 273914 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2015, 06:28:27 pm »

I haven't detailed the capabilities of the disk you left behind, Eye, but doesn't give automatic long range verbal or text communication, in either direction.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2015, 06:31:00 pm »

((Then how the heck do you get data from point A to point B if not through some internal process that could apply an overlay?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2015, 07:10:21 pm »

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Grumble grumble water in boat grumble grumble wet socks.

Let's get this water out of th' boat.

Look around for a bucket or helmet or something else to bail out the water with.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2015, 07:14:51 pm »

=="Terrence", Team II==

AGGHHHHHHH WHY AM I WET?!

Get my head up out of the water. Give whoever's responsible for my present predicament a nice slap across the face.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:17:08 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2015, 07:21:31 pm »

team 1, cho-ja.

Exit the cellar and engage in diplomacy to convey my wishes that the broom be put away.

then defend self as necessary.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:06:25 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2015, 07:41:48 pm »

Reggie team 2
well guys ill see you in Seahavan and get someone with whatever this to come pick you guys up there.
(He grins)
use shape change skill to temporarily change my legs into something that will not break the surface tension of the water allowing me to walk on water.
If this is successful walk to seahaven.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2015, 07:49:55 pm »

Aylia, Team 2

"Well, that's interesting."
I wait and see where the boat wants to go.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2015, 09:18:27 pm »

Team 1 -- Dar'yajira, magic cat

Crush myself against the nearest wall, in an effort to avoid any maneuvering teammates.  Also, attempt to use my self-enhancement magic to make myself resistant to harm.  Loudly mewl the following:

"These ones are not demons!  They are guardians of peace!"

((@Ozark If it's not to much trouble, could you add people's initial character sheets to the OP?  That way, it's easier to figure out what race someone is, and what their stats are.

Also, are you using standard RTD rolls, rather than ER's sytem?  I think I might want to reconsider my stats, if so. >.>
))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2015, 10:11:32 pm »

@ syv: that's why I have my spreadsheet :P I suppose I can put them in OP2. -grumble- work work work.

((Then how the heck do you get data from point A to point B if not through some internal process that could apply an overlay?))
good question. I am interpreting your character based on how it has been designed. Nothing in your original design included an on site user interface beyond face to Eyeball communication. But, you have that memory storage device and a link to it, and your action of making a remote device on the fly looks similar, so I rolled for it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:18:21 pm by Ozarck »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2015, 10:33:40 pm »

((Ah.  I see.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:18 pm »

TEAM2 - Ssslavina

Don't rock the boat.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2015, 04:45:56 pm »

Team One

Team One Jack Spark

Quickly get out of the way before the rest of thew idiots trample me!
(6) No where to go but forward! You dart up the stairs, shove the big bug out of your way, and dive out the recently opened window, into the mud and rain.

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

Getting out of the bucket, Simmie notices that everybody's going out, and there's some rowdiness going on outside. "Don't ye scooners be starting th' fun wit'out me!" He notices the flashie thingie, grabs it, and runs out the door. Seeing someone hit his new bug companion, he swings the flashie thingie edge-on hard at the broom wielder's shin, yelling "ONLY I CAN HIT ME FRIENDS!". He then loses himself in the ensuing fracas with gleeful abandonment.

((Edit: flashy->flashie. Thanks for the correction.))
((I know, but it sounds more feegle like this ;) ))
You bolded the wrong part. You needed to make “Get out of the Bucket” your action. Now, I could be a stickler, and roll to see if you notice the flashie and so forth, but I won't.

Everybody gets one.

(1) Sorry, I must have jinxed that roll. Anyway, you step on an angry buzzing thing or two, and rattle the bucket a bit. You hear more heavy things fall on top of the bucket.

Team 1, Fiddler!

Curl up. Protect sensitive areas in this manner. Try not to expose the kidneys, too.

Then roll away gently.

You curl up around your precious – your fiddle- and coincidentally protect some other sensitive items in the process. You then roll away, under the stairs. This seems like as safe a place as any. There are very few idiots under here. As you shift to make yourself more comfortable and get your back to a wall to keep them kidneys safe, you find your fiddle has gotten wedged under the bottom stair, pinning you.

team 1, cho-ja.

Exit the cellar and engage in diplomacy to convey my wishes that the broom be put away.

then defend self as necessary.

(2) You attempt to communicate distress in the way of your people. You let out a high whistle, and wave your arms around wildly while clacking your mandibles. Something collides with you from behind, at this point, hurtling you into the lady. (1) She squeals, and smacks you right between the eyes with the pole end of the broom, just before you collide and end in a heap together on the floor.

“Marto?! What the hell!”
“What is it, Edgar? I cain't see past your enormous buttocks.”
“he's fighting with a giant cockroach  over a broom!”
“Whaaaaaaat? You ribbin me? I gotta see this.”

Team 1 -- Dar'yajira, magic cat

Crush myself against the nearest wall, in an effort to avoid any maneuvering teammates.  Also, attempt to use my self-enhancement magic to make myself resistant to harm.  Loudly mewl the following:

"These ones are not demons!  They are guardians of peace!"

((@Ozark If it's not to much trouble, could you add people's initial character sheets to the OP?  That way, it's easier to figure out what race someone is, and what their stats are.

Also, are you using standard RTD rolls, rather than ER's sytem?  I think I might want to reconsider my stats, if so. >.>
))
ER rolls, to the best of my ability. I'll do my best to interpret them that way.

(2)You start caterwauling at the two guys in the doorway, and they jerk back, alarmed, before reaching to the side  of the door and pulling out rather large cudgels.

“They really are demons!”

Team Two

-Team 2, Ebony-

"My apologies."
Get off the dwarf, find a bucket, start getting water out of the boat.
you push off the dwarf. The boat rocks a bit more. You sit hurriedly on the bench behind you and start bailing with your hands while looking for a bucket. With all the bodies crammed in here, it's hard to see.

((as for a spellbook, I have been thinking about that. As you were sold into slavery, you don't have one on you, sadly. But fear not, you will have the opportunity to get one, assuming you survive this little swim. You will probably have to inscribe known spells into it yourself, wit ha chance of success. Think a bit about spells your character would likely have known, and pm me a list for approval. I'll grant you a couple of minor spells that are ready to cast, and one less minor spell. These will be drawn from your known spells. The minor spells will be available daily, while the other one will require study from a book before it is available again. I recommend not using it until you have it written in, or you will have a chance of losing it permanently – at least until you relearn it))

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Grumble grumble water in boat grumble grumble wet socks.

Let's get this water out of th' boat.

Look around for a bucket or helmet or something else to bail out the water with.
You never take your eyes of the elf girl. Not for an instant. You grip the bench a little tighter.

=="Terrence", Team II==

AGGHHHHHHH WHY AM I WET?!

Get my head up out of the water. Give whoever's responsible for my present predicament a nice slap across the face.
You climb the nearest surface. It is bronze and warm. It's hard to tell who is responsible for this mess, so you just begin flailing at everyone. A little more water sloshes over the side.

Reggie team 2
well guys ill see you in Seahavan and get someone with whatever this to come pick you guys up there.
(He grins)
use shape change skill to temporarily change my legs into something that will not break the surface tension of the water allowing me to walk on water.
If this is successful walk to seahaven.
(1) You attempt to shape your legs into … something. Being unclear on what shape you want, your legs just start extending rapidly, flinging you over the side. You don't kow this, since you are now sinking, but the boat is now actively sinking.

Aylia, Team 2

"Well, that's interesting."
I wait and see where the boat wants to go.
Down. It apparently wants to go down.

TEAM2 - Ssslavina

Don't rock the boat.
Wise, but futile.

Look through equipment. It won't do to land wherever it is we're going unprepared. Try not to tilt the boat.
You see a couple crates start to float as the boat begins to not float.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2015, 04:49:36 pm »

....huh that's not supposed to happen sorry guys!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »

"Really? You just had to sink the boat."

I grab one of the floating crates, toss it to the side of the boat, and then follow it. Once clear of the pile of people with a swimming aid for when I get tired, I look back to see if everyone else is okay.

EDIT:
After seeing what everyone else is doing, and how they are all copying my idea, I climb up the box while shifting into Raven form, and taking flight for the shore once the change is complete, leaving the box behind for whoever needs it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:02:10 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2015, 05:08:00 pm »

--TEAM ONE--
Wasps
Attempt to get the two wasps out of the bucket and then get all of them outside
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:18:40 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 194