Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 273854 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #915 on: May 19, 2016, 02:53:44 pm »

@Loki987:Quotes are not actions, quotes indicate speech.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 19, 2016, 03:04:37 pm »

((It was an action and not a quote for some reason I added quotation marks.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 19, 2016, 03:18:00 pm »

((Yeah, I figured.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 19, 2016, 05:09:51 pm »

Go find some amusing Omegas to sass and thieve.

Samuel starts walking around, dragging the ball and chain behind him while soaking the floor.
I look around for interesting characters, perhaps the bear.

Holla at Akuma if you want to bug the bear. for now, you two find each other, the bird in rapid flight from his most recent failed theft, and the cursed one just dripping everywhere.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 19, 2016, 05:16:48 pm »

Corvo lands on a handy ominous fencepost and look quizzically at the drowned one.

Straining both it's bird brain and it's bird vocal chords, it emits a single relevant word in an appropriate intonation.
"Dead?"
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 19, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »

Samuel slowly turns his head, looking at the bird.
"Something like that... Yeah.
Magic bird?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 19, 2016, 05:47:01 pm »

((I find it kinda odd how Egan abandoned Jack 'cause a demon's too alien for him, so his new character is... a demonic crow?  How is that any better?))
((Not so much a demonic crow as a perfectly normal crow that stumbled onto demonic magic that it is woefully unequipped to even comprehend. Which is better than a demon because it's motivated by owning shiny things and eating tasty things and such flesh creature stuff, rather than a being motivated by creating maximum suffering while having little power to do so directly and also desiring to appear to be a normal human being in order to maintain it's won safety in some kind of crazy ill-thought-out balancing act of a character motivation.))

"Bird. Bird. Caw!"
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 19, 2016, 05:56:16 pm »

((I find it kinda odd how Egan abandoned Jack 'cause a demon's too alien for him, so his new character is... a demonic crow?  How is that any better?))
((Not so much a demonic crow as a perfectly normal crow that stumbled onto demonic magic that it is woefully unequipped to even comprehend. Which is better than a demon because it's motivated by owning shiny things and eating tasty things and such flesh creature stuff, rather than a being motivated by creating maximum suffering while having little power to do so directly and also desiring to appear to be a normal human being in order to maintain it's won safety in some kind of crazy ill-thought-out balancing act of a character motivation.))

"Bird. Bird. Caw!"
It was a good character concept, but perhaps not your style. I think ti had lots of potential. Ah well ,this is equally amusing.

This and Infinite Heavens both remind me of my firts gm'd rtd. I kinda wish I hadn't gotten so exhausted and had to end that one. Lots of interesting, crazy characters, not bound by the constraints of "must be human" or "must be reasonable."

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 20, 2016, 04:38:36 am »

"Come on ya bird. Come and sit on me shoulder.
It adds something to the whole omnious feel I got going.
Together we'll find some way to get some clam, the under-the-table superlegal way."

(clam is slang for money). While saying this, he tries gesturing what he means. He knows crows are interested in shiny things.
But realizes the crow has a hard time comprehending what's going on, therefore the gestures.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:51:05 am by Loki987 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 20, 2016, 04:39:56 pm »

"Caw caaw!"
The bird comes to alight on the drowned one's shoulder, but not because of any of the incomprehensible nonsense the latter said.

Corvo pecks experimentally at the bag over Samuel's head.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 20, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »

by the way. I don't recall Crows eing able to say words, like 'bird'. I'll allow it for playability, but voicelessness has it's advantages too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 20, 2016, 06:18:26 pm »

I figured that they could talk about as well as a parrot, but we can just handwave it as MAGIC anyway. A wizard did it.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 21, 2016, 02:59:24 am »

"Sigh... Well, what did I expect.
Atleast, I now know, he won't be any good.
Come on bird, leave me noggin alone."

Samuel tries to wave the crow away from his head.
((about the talking crow thing, some crows apparently can mimic human speech when they're in captivity for a long time:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0yrG-Yz88))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 21, 2016, 10:51:13 am »

Blink to his other shoulder and try to figure out if the dead man is edible.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 194