Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 272609 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1065 on: July 21, 2016, 11:01:19 am »

Actually, nope. If the instruction didn't tell me to, then I won't.

Just place it like it's supposed to be and leave the room.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:54 am »

I eat the soup while I think about what to do.
I either have too much or too little ice magic in me. If I shift to normal, my forelegs might melt. If I shift towards frost, the rest of me might turn to ice. But I can't stay like this... If I shift to normal my ice parts might return to normal, and if I shift towards frost, my ice tolerance could go up and let me stop feeezing...
I shifted from frost to normal partway, and only my hurt parts, which needed the ice to hold together, became ice...
maybe if I shift towards frost, I'll be able to heal properly and return to normal afterwards, but if ice is all that is holding me together, and i lose the ice magic...
yeah, I can't risk it. shift towards frost it is.

And afterwards, I need to get outside to get room and shift to Giant Frost Cat.
I wonder why she called me Snowball. I mean, my collar has my name on... I broke my collar when I became giant didn't I.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 21, 2016, 01:10:35 pm »

OMG. People gonna die in the satyr thread because three or more people can't take a hint.

And now, a bonus turn for you guys! ding!

"Brands upon brands, brands within brands!"

Wait here.
You wait. and wait. And wait. it get's boring. You turn to look out the door and nearly fall off your stool. A very green, chitinous face, eyes set in the sides of it's head, mandibles slowly contracting and relaxing, long spindly arms folded against it's thorax is perched not three feet from you. It doesn't respond to your temorous "H-hello?"

Fortunately, you hope, you are interrupted by a rather sturdy looking fellow striding into the room from behind it. Big black beard, mustache curled to the sides in broad arcs, eyes of stone. And behind this one, an older man, short cropped white beard and pristine uniform, carrying a small case. They sit and wait, saying nothing, though the older gentleman nods at you once. after a slightly shorter eternity a translucent purple sac flows into the room, crosses in front of you, and takes up position opposite the giant mantis.
"Now that Miss Wexley is here, we can begin." They interrogate you for some time, asking very specific questions, sometimes repeating themselves, sometimes asking seemingly tangential things. You give more information than you thought you knew, though sometimes you only guess, and more than once you lie outright, whether to make yourself look good, or to get the interrogation over with, or just because no one should be forced to tell that much of the truth at one time.

At last, it is over. The bold fellow with the magnificent mustache says "thank you, you have been quite helpful., and the other two - the mantis on one side, and the purple Miss Wexley on the other, place claw and pseudopod on your shoulder and knee. The other guy must have slipped out sometime during the conversation.

"You may ask for one token of our appreciation. there are limits, of course. We're not setting you free, for example. But it can be ... substantial, if you like."

Actually, nope. If the instruction didn't tell me to, then I won't.

Just place it like it's supposed to be and leave the room.

It takes considerable effort to not make it better but at last you take hold of yourself, and of the statue, walk it over, plunk it down roughly where it's supposed to be, and turn it so it points somewhere in the general direction of the middle of the room, then stomp out, refusing to even check if it lined up with the other two. As you step toward the door, a chorus of voices arises behind you, and two apparitions stand before you to block your way. You walk right through them and upstairs, back to the crates.

"Looks like you made it back all right, and none the worse for it. Ready for another? Or you wanna just push a bunch of stone around until the morning?"

I eat the soup while I think about what to do.
I either have too much or too little ice magic in me. If I shift to normal, my forelegs might melt. If I shift towards frost, the rest of me might turn to ice. But I can't stay like this... If I shift to normal my ice parts might return to normal, and if I shift towards frost, my ice tolerance could go up and let me stop feeezing...
I shifted from frost to normal partway, and only my hurt parts, which needed the ice to hold together, became ice...
maybe if I shift towards frost, I'll be able to heal properly and return to normal afterwards, but if ice is all that is holding me together, and i lose the ice magic...
yeah, I can't risk it. shift towards frost it is.

And afterwards, I need to get outside to get room and shift to Giant Frost Cat.
I wonder why she called me Snowball. I mean, my collar has my name on... I broke my collar when I became giant didn't I.
You lap up the soup and find yourself licking the dry bowl. It warms your belly, and when the bowl is removed, you lay your head down to wait for another, and promptly fall asleep. Next time you wake, it is dark out. Grandma Bones gives you more warm broth, thicker this time, and afterward you struggle to your feet and take a halting step forward. "Oh? going somewhere, Snowflake? Here, let me get a basket, and we'll get some fresh air." And with that, she whisks out of the room. You hear some clamoring and rattling, and, just as you manage to hobble to the edge of the table your little bed is on, but before you have time to wonder how you are going to get down, she stuffs you in a basket filled with hay, piles some blankets on top of you, and sticks a little straw man figure in with you. And off she goes, chattering away about herbs and weather, young men and old women, politics and poverty, and the rock in her shoe. it is a crystal clear night on top of the omega base, and you two make your way to a high point,where you can see the whole horseshoe shape of the base, with smaller canyons radiating out from it, and three large circular holes inside the arc arranged in a equidistant from each other. "So, what do you think, little Frostnip? Oh, it's not a comfortable place, for anyone. it wasn't meant to be. But it has a certain style, don't you think?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 21, 2016, 01:26:11 pm »

Fiddler thinks for a few moment. Hm. He does have a couple of ideas.

Ideas! Such wonderful ideas!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 21, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »

((What do you mean, can't take a hint?  What's the hint?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 21, 2016, 01:38:50 pm »

((Eh I think it's that ebony needs to get there quickly? Wait does ebony have a scroll of teleport or something? Also why um did my magic action do absolutely nothing I mean I dident expect it to restore me to full badass condition but I expected it to at least be a partial success due to my bonuses in both magic and medical and that's using my best stats and..well I think I was using it very appropriately and it was more likely to work due to the intent behind how she's using it.So well honestly I thought that roll would be something like a +3 or at least some kind of bonus towards it and I clearly dident roll a one other wise I would have died then and there and I dident role a 2 either I think and if I got a 3? Well that should have done something even if it was only minor healing that kept me alive a turn or two longer.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 21, 2016, 01:44:38 pm »

"Statement: This is might be up for a new work order, provided this one is allowed to do a full systems check first.
Sly statement: This one does hope there is some kind of reward for all of this. Those statues would have been real troublesome for someone without this one's mental buffers."

Check everything to see if I'm allright.

If I am, hear what this new order is.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 21, 2016, 01:45:17 pm »

((Ebony isn't anywhere near Noir I don't think, or if she is it wasn't mentioned or she'd have gone to her.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 21, 2016, 01:46:47 pm »

((I think Ozark is implying that your close enough that if you do the mini turn you can get to her and save her and use the rest of the turn to heal her also eye tell her that noir needs help and that your running to get to her twinwolve don't use that scroll on eye noir will literally die without question if you do.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:48:53 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 21, 2016, 01:47:39 pm »

((Well I posted.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 21, 2016, 01:52:00 pm »

((Question Ozark does Aylia still have her commstone if so should I post
Noir trying to talk to Aylia here?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 21, 2016, 03:00:01 pm »

((Aylia has had a timeskip forward in time while she heals. assume any messages you would send to her happened while she was unconsious and she couldn't respond))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 21, 2016, 03:16:28 pm »

((There might be a chance that an NPC would hear the commstone.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 21, 2016, 03:34:55 pm »

I'm so weak... I... maybe I shouldn't shift at all until I've healed more? But I need to report in, and I'm so close...
How is my situation changing over time? am I becoming more or less ice or no change? Am I feeling colder over time? is my body tempature coming under control?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 21, 2016, 09:11:38 pm »

Fiddler thinks for a few moment. Hm. He does have a couple of ideas.

Ideas! Such wonderful ideas!
You monster. I like it. Consider Fiddler a corporal.

"Statement: This is might be up for a new work order, provided this one is allowed to do a full systems check first.
Sly statement: This one does hope there is some kind of reward for all of this. Those statues would have been real troublesome for someone without this one's mental buffers."

Check everything to see if I'm allright.

If I am, hear what this new order is.

I am pressed for time and probably shouldn't be posting anyway. Repost this action, please, and i will deal with it in the morning. Oh, but your system diagnostic checks out. All free of residual effects.

((Eh I think it's that ebony needs to get there quickly? Wait does ebony have a scroll of teleport or something? Also why um did my magic action do absolutely nothing I mean I dident expect it to restore me to full badass condition but I expected it to at least be a partial success due to my bonuses in both magic and medical and that's using my best stats and..well I think I was using it very appropriately and it was more likely to work due to the intent behind how she's using it.So well honestly I thought that roll would be something like a +3 or at least some kind of bonus towards it and I clearly dident roll a one other wise I would have died then and there and I dident role a 2 either I think and if I got a 3? Well that should have done something even if it was only minor healing that kept me alive a turn or two longer.))
rolled a 2.

I'm so weak... I... maybe I shouldn't shift at all until I've healed more? But I need to report in, and I'm so close...
How is my situation changing over time? am I becoming more or less ice or no change? Am I feeling colder over time? is my body tempature coming under control?
Well, Granny seems to think you are well enough to ride in a basket, so that must be an improvement, right? As for the ice, well, it's hard to say. Shattered limbs don't grow overnight, as Granny keeps reminding "little Frostnip" whenever she tries to put too much weight on it. It's still more comfortable under the blanket than outside, especially since it is dark in the desert and "a dark desert is a cold desert" according to the cackling old witch.

((There might be a chance that an NPC would hear the commstone.))
((at this point, that might not be a good thing.))
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 194