Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3835 3836 [3837]

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5892032 times)

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57540 on: May 12, 2024, 03:15:03 pm »

...anything I can do to improve their moods?

What's frustrating is there's no direct way to wipe negative thoughts, but you can keep stacking on different positive thoughts to try to tilt the scale. Get a generic temple up now, and follow up with individual temples for every deity worshipped by any dwarf for those who are picky. Get a statue garden set up, and include some traps, furniture and a cage within the zone for that "admired tastefully arranged X" thought. Legendary dining rooms are easy enough to set up since they're communal, so you just need a big room, valuable furniture and smooth and engrave the walls and floor. A central waterfall is nice too, but difficult to set up unless you have an aquifer to pull from. If the bedrooms are nice you might have already done this, but get one of (almost) everything in each room, so one weapon rack, armor stand, cabinet, chest, etc, so they can admire different things.

Also, with so few dwarves I would micromanage to make sure they each do a crafting job once every season, to get that happy thought and avoid the negatives from no craft or nothing creative.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57541 on: May 12, 2024, 03:59:16 pm »

The fortress has fallen now. The hydra died of a wound infection and came back as a zombie, and a stupid migrant left their glove in the doorway, jamming it open. It lasted about 2.5 years. I did do a little savescumming though.

Goldbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57542 on: May 12, 2024, 08:40:16 pm »

Brutal, but zombie hydra is pretty metal.

Try a reclaim and mad scramble to wall in, or just press F and move on?

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57543 on: Today at 03:15:57 am »

The hydra died of a wound infection and came back as a zombie, and a stupid migrant left their glove in the doorway, jamming it open.

This is one of the most DF ways for a fortress to go out lmao.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57544 on: Today at 07:02:16 am »

Still only around 856 residents because lately we've had of over a dozen deaths by bleeding.  These turned out to be dwarves exposed to a forgotten beast's blood on the cavern floor.  Measures were taken to prevent future contractions of the malady, and the deaths have tapered off but still continue. A couple more have died of old age also.

Otherwise, construction continues... onward for the fires of industry and the glory of Armok, dwarves!
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 3835 3836 [3837]