Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2210188 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #8850 on: July 30, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »

Updates are wonderful. As normal.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: July 30, 2013, 02:56:12 pm »

Hey Asea: I've noticed, just lately, but your spelling and grammar has improved! Good on ya, man.

Also:

The update for Tedaz is still being worked on. It's a doozy considering how much story i've gotta get through.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: July 30, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »

SS13 is good for something then.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: July 30, 2013, 08:48:11 pm »

Indeed it is it seems. I'm going to be shopping around for some computer parts so once I get m grubby mitts on them I'll be out of commission for a day or two, just as a heads up when it happens guys.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: July 31, 2013, 11:08:24 am »

Ok, so bump and I just read this while re-reading the dfhack readme.

Siege Engine

The siege-engine plugin enables siege engines to be linked to stockpiles, and aimed at an arbitrary rectangular area across Z levels, instead of the original four directions. Also, catapults can be ordered to load arbitrary objects, not just stones.

I instantly thought:
Quote from: Splint
Dear god, mugapults....Mugapults could be a reality... THIS IS FUCKING GENIUS!!!

Is that odd?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: July 31, 2013, 11:25:26 am »

Nope.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: July 31, 2013, 05:11:31 pm »

Siege Engine

The siege-engine plugin enables siege engines to be linked to stockpiles, and aimed at an arbitrary rectangular area across Z levels, instead of the original four directions. Also, catapults can be ordered to load arbitrary objects, not just stones.

I instantly thought:
Dear god, mugapults....Mugapults could be a reality... THIS IS FUCKING GENIUS!!!

I think my heart just stopped beating for a moment.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: July 31, 2013, 05:12:45 pm »

Siege Engine

I instantly thought:

Is that odd?
Armok have mercy on the spawn/elves. Because we sure as hell won't.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: July 31, 2013, 05:44:50 pm »

I can see it now...
Parasol Trooper: What the hell are you guys loading in that catapult?

Dwarf: Mugs.

PT:Mugs?

D:Pitchblende Mugs.

PT:What!?

D:Yes.

And lo, were the first nuclear (or at least radioactive nonhammer-based) weapons deployed. By catapult. At the spawn.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: July 31, 2013, 07:53:09 pm »

Siege Engine

I instantly thought:

Is that odd?

Mirror mirror, save me from the things I see...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: August 02, 2013, 04:12:17 am »

Have an update! And guess what marks the 1st day of the last month of Spring? Read on to find out!

2nd Slate, 211

The duke decided to ban backpack exports. Apparently this is how he always does things; Has his little redhead fill a helmet with paper slips and draws something out. Whatever it is, he mandates to keep us on our toes.

Well, he's still a dick for doing so, but at least he seems slightly less stupid now. Slightly.

3rd Slate, 211

I noticed we have a couple crates of coins in an unoccupied living space. Pretty well made too! Seems we got some damned fine metalcrafters to make coins so perfect. I've also gotten word to step up coffin production. Must mean the leadership has very low hopes for the black-whites to fare well against the mercs.

Met a murderdorf named Plastron today,
She's missing hand, and has a rather... How did that guy in the funny helmet say it... "Bitchin'" title of The Rapid Obstacle of Daggers. Kind of odd since she's a hammerdwarf, but still pretty badass.

The fact she's missing a hand leads me to beleive the reason our army is respected so much is that, in Plastron's words, silly  things like missing limbs won't stop them from doing their job.

7th Slate, 211

Saw some wild turkeys from the ist this morning, went up to check on Terrahex. Never saw them in the wild before, and I thought the Duke was just fibbing when he said he likes seeing them out there.

9th Slate, 211

Decided in light of the copious amounts of whipvines and the like I figure we could use more millstones, And since we seem to have way too many bags, I also added a new wind mill on surface farm and expanded battlements of it, so we'll have up to four dwarves on call for milling.

10th Slate, 211

Nevyn is starting to drive me mad. I have nothing against him personally but every other hour he waltzes up and tells me we have none of this gem or that.

He does it again and I'm gonna just haul off and crack him with a mug.

16th Stale, 211

Apparently a couple Rutherers gave birth, one to twins, one to a female. When the hell did we get those? Was I asleep or something when those got worked on? Oh, and I found out what a bug bat is. Fucking ugly.

19th slate, 211

Talked to Blackbird this morning and the kid says he wants to join 1st Company, specifically 1st Squad, so he can watch his older sister's back. I gotta wonder if that had something to do with his odd behavior?

Accounts say he was running some clay to a kiln stockpile and just stopped dead in a doorway. Never said a word and went up into one of the manufacturing areas. Guess he's gonna be one of them "secretive" ones.

21st Slate, 211

Blackbird started work on his little project. He swiped all of that giant goat thing's bones and threw a couple wads of paper with more at Corai, so I guess he wants more. Since we have some sloth bears we don't need I've sent word down for them to get carved up.

28th Slate, 211

We've officially processed the last of our admantine reserves. Kind of odd not seeing workers ripping the strand out of the raw boulders. Bet the Duke will be relieved though> He says he has no problem with the stuff be he keeps acting like it was going to jump out of storage and try to kill him.

Made it through another month and for once nothing tried to kill us! Also looks like no new migrants have shown up. Wonderful.

Oh, and I guess we don't need to worry about Blackbird journal, he took the sloth bear bones, that goat-thing's tanned hide and bones, some green dyed giant cave spider silk, some gypsum, a shale brick, some cut crystal glass, and I think a spawn's forearm bone since it looked like a dwarf's arm but too gnarled and twisted to be from a normal dwarf. Wonder what he'll make?

1st Felsite, 211

She's awake. The Colonel's fucking awake. And evidently grumpy as all hell because she woke up in a pile of empty buckets. Upon leaving her apartment, she ran into, of all dwarves, Nevyn, who was bringing her her daily water and meal.

I couldn't help but giggle when I heard she flipped the stew in his face, told him she could feed herself, and yanked the water bucket out of his hands and dumped it on his head on the grounds she was "Sick of seeing buckets."

If this is a permanent state, then god damn are we lucky dwarves!

She got up. Fischer fucking got up of her own accord. And Draignean didn't stay down for very long after her. If they've come out of that shit, then I am one absurdly happy dorf.

EDIT: Spoiler alert for next update,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: August 02, 2013, 04:30:40 am »

Fischer's... awake?
WHO WILL BE THE SOUL OF PROJECT: ZENDIKON NOW?

*sigh* Now, to think up some new ideas...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: August 02, 2013, 04:32:33 am »

I'm just happy our living blender is back on her feet, Splashslowed in hand.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: August 02, 2013, 05:01:48 am »

Oh frabjous day, kahloo kahlay!

With Fischer and Draignean back up, Spearbreakers is not in a drastic state of decline as it was.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: August 02, 2013, 06:14:01 am »

How does one celebrate Fischer's return?
With a story!

Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 815