Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 969869 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10545 on: March 31, 2014, 10:42:59 am »

Kyle is really just too young to deal with all of the stuff he's had to go through
This is a pretty valid point.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: March 31, 2014, 10:43:48 am »

Kyle is really just too young to deal with all of the stuff he's had to go through
Indeed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: March 31, 2014, 10:43:57 am »

And unlike Maria, who at least has Anima, who was the apparent goddess of motherhood, Kyle has NOBODY to help him out or give him advice on parenthood.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: March 31, 2014, 10:44:48 am »

well, Kyle is currently living in australia with Maria. she cooouuuuld asl him what the problem is, help him, advice him, etc
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:55 am »

well, Kyle is currently living in australia with Maria. she cooouuuuld asl him what the problem is, help him, advice him, etc
Or, y'know, maybe he could come to her for advice? Anima/Maria have their own lives outside being a magic girl and fight crime in Northsdale as well, so it isn't always obvious when someone's got issues.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: March 31, 2014, 10:53:04 am »

I am totally confused as to what transpired o can I get a tl:dr?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: March 31, 2014, 11:02:06 am »

Actually, Will's from Super Academy. I.e Kj's world.
...When did I say the portal lead to Will's homeworld?

...Because no one ever does, except in times of distress.
People do when they want privacy, Alice removed it once just because the arguing over the channel was getting so bad.
1. Angel hasn't done so.
2. Pretty much universally, they announce it first.

Also, is GWG really arguing amwhy Kyle is a bad father for leaving after the verbal abuse he got without even knowing why he was yelled at?
...That's why he left? That makes it worse! Why didn't Kyle ask why, or care about anyone in the group enough to not fucking leave for such a petty reason?!?

That's well and good but when you suddenly get that teenaged daughter before you even had a daughter of any other age.
1. So?
2. I am lead to understand that pre-teenaged girls do not adequately prepare one for teenaged girls. Basically, as I understand it, little girls are easier to deal with than little boys, but teenaged girls are a pain in many ways.

That's well and good but when you suddenly get that teenaged daughter before you even had a daughter of any other age.
Elizabeth and Lunette?
Wait, we weren't talking about Lunette?
Well, that answers my question of when Lunette started acting like a teenager.

That's no reason to abandon it all.
Delegate responsibility? Sure. Reject it? Hell no. The least Kyle could do is make sure his kids had someone taking care of them before abandoning them.
And "the group" does not count. Even if it takes a village to raise a child, the Bystander Effect makes children without guardians a lot worse off.

And unlike Maria, who at least has Anima, who was the apparent goddess of motherhood, Kyle has NOBODY to help him out or give him advice on parenthood.
If only there was someone in the group with access to such an individual.
And seriously, nobody? Even if we assume that no one in the group is any good at parenting, Kyle's family is in control of IRIS (one of the most powerful groups in the world), and his friends include many rich people, one of whom (Yuri) is in charge of an organization with power rivaling IRIS. Save apathy or laziness, Kyle has no excuse not to have help!

((They do dream actually. Its just not often remembered. SCIENCE!))
I'd ask how they know it happens, but I've got an idea of the answer...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:26 am »

Why would a portal made of Wills organs lead anywhere else?

He has super intuition, not super interdimensional travel knowledge
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: March 31, 2014, 11:07:54 am »

Then here we assume Kyle has a hero complex which he'll need to overcome.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:18 am »

Is the portal working by using Will's power as a catalyst to open the portal and his organs act as the stabilizer to keep the portal open or is it the other way around?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:48 am »

Why would a portal made of Wills organs lead anywhere else?

He has super intuition, not super interdimensional travel knowledge
Again, he was basically jump-starting the portal. Like...remember the ignition analogy? The car starts going forward because you ignited the engine, but you can make it go in reverse if the car is made right and applies a bit more energy.
That's about the best analogy I can come up with.
((And seriously, I said it wasn't Will's world IC, before we started discussing it OOC.))

Then here we assume Kyle has a hero complex which he'll need to overcome.
A man who abandons his children has a hero complex? Clearly, he needs to calibrate it.

Is the portal working by using Will's power as a catalyst to open the portal and his organs act as the stabilizer to keep the portal open or is it the other way around?
Neither. His...well...essence or something acted as a catalyst to start it and would allow it to be easily re-started if something went wrong. Continuing the car analogy, if you ripped the ignition out of the car, it could keep driving, but there would be some negative effects, and if you turned it off then you would need to push the car to get it moving again.
Note: I know little about cars.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: March 31, 2014, 11:20:17 am »

if he is just jump-starting the portal, why would he take Will for that? What makes him a better jump-starter than, say, Ashley with her power to teleport?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: March 31, 2014, 11:22:35 am »

He doesn't want to go to the Void, he wants to go to another world. The target world isn't "far" from Will's world, as these things are measured, but it is a lot different.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: March 31, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

so basicaly "because I needed a story for Will, wether it is shoehorned or not" :P

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: March 31, 2014, 11:27:58 am »

Should I have Merrick already know a spell like Mudo or Agi or something? Just asking.

((in case you need to ask, Mudo is a dark spell that has a low chance of insta-death (but its on like all of the lower leveled Death Arcana personas so thats my reasoning), and Agi is a low level fire spell that just sorta would be a thing that sorta thematically fit (also would help with giving him an Icarus Complex if I decided to give him one later as I had planned for maybe)))
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1030