Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796677 times)

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile

I have a drow bowman that teleports randomly around the map, generating an "An ambush! Curse them!" each time.

Also you can't remove drow with the settings tool.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:20:34 am by Old Bones »

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err, my dwarves just milked a horse, is that normal?

I ordered to milk, supposedly my cows, but they brought a horse and harvested "horse's milk".
I suppose you could milk any mammal, but some animals are known for being milked, and to my knowledge, horses are not on the list.
I won't complain, that means you could have milk without buying the expansive cows at the start, but that's a little odd.

I once set "Milk Animal" on repeat. When it was finished, i ended up with cow's milk. I only had 1 Bull :-/

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err, my dwarves just milked a horse, is that normal?

I ordered to milk, supposedly my cows, but they brought a horse and harvested "horse's milk".
I suppose you could milk any mammal, but some animals are known for being milked, and to my knowledge, horses are not on the list.
I won't complain, that means you could have milk without buying the expansive cows at the start, but that's a little odd.

I once set "Milk Animal" on repeat. When it was finished, i ended up with cow's milk. I only had 1 Bull :-/
Now that I dare say sounds like a bug.

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shearing animals results in common hair, spinning results in common hair thread which cannot be turned into yarn cloth. Result is a lot of dead, moody textile workers.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Animal threads not being recognized have been reported two versions ago (at least, that was when I reported it), it's strange it haven't been changed.

I'll try to look in the raws for what to change, but I am not sure you can fix it without generating a new world.

Edit: I'm no good with the raws apparently, I can't seem to find the reactions using the hairs nor the threads, except for the ones added by the mod.
We will have to wait for somebody more competent, I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:23:21 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Instant crash when i got to legends mode and crash in adventure mode error log
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also I still have the world just in case you need it
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:01:22 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im just going to leave a nice tip here.

do. not. ever. make. a. necromancer. UNLESS you are full well prepared to deal with whatever consequences occur.

hint: undead hate all living things. dwarfs are in fact alive.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Hotkeys.exe sounds nice, but what are the added hotkeys?

Also, thanks for 1.4, but personally I'd really like to see at least two versions with no new features, only bugfixes. Just like Toady's doing now, basically.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hotkeys.exe sounds nice, but what are the added hotkeys?

Also, thanks for 1.4, but personally I'd really like to see at least two versions with no new features, only bugfixes. Just like Toady's doing now, basically.

yeah i would like to see a working caste-detecting version of therapist, and you should focus on finding better/more efficient ways to do things, and fixing current bugs.

also heres a nice idea for when you are feeling a little evil.

add a 'doomsday workshop' that contains nothing but horrifyingly negative reactions that have no positive benefit at all,
purpose? for boring forts to be a little more Fun.
(though if you have a boring fort in masterwork, your doing it wrong.)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

meph, this is fantastic =D got a fortress up and running on a decent embark site, and am going to try to test all this stuff out! just got things started, now - am underground and starting to get my industries going. however, i did notice a couple of weird things, some of which other people have mentioned already, so i'd like to confirm that they happen:

- as you noticed, sometimes the entire game locks up on embark. it looks like there's a memory leak when it happens - i notice it using more and more and more ram off into infinity, and it uses 100% of one CPU core, so i assume there's an infinite loop plus a memory leak lurking in there somewhere. no idea how this happens, but generating a new world seems to fix it.

- simple minerals seems to consistently generate worlds without any iron. other people have noticed this too, and it has happened every time i've used simple minerals. i disable simple minerals and everything seems fine, but given that simple minerals are on by default, this might confuse the hell out of people just trying out the mod!

other then that, very interesting! my initial leader/hunter embarked with a gnarly javelin thrower... look out. i've yet to test all this stuff out but i look forward to doing so! thank you very much meph and keep up the good work -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh also - i believe "drow" is both singular and plural. it shouldn't be "five drows" - it should be "five drow". not sure why but i'm pretty sure that's the case =D

cheers -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhm i have 1 questin again. ^.^ The pet-hawk's how can i train them? Can only train hunting dogs. ._.

paul k.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

hey meph,
just noticed there's no way to produce pig tail oil. tried paste making, plant processing, extracting with no effect.
what was i supposed to do? is it a bug?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhm i have 1 questin again. ^.^ The pet-hawk's how can i train them? Can only train hunting dogs. ._.

In fact, no, Toady forgot to change the text in the kennel menu, and possibly the workshop's name (should be training ground or something along those lines).

Put a zone on your Kennel, place your hawk in it, and ask to "train hunting dog".
You will notice that the job in the building is then "train hunting animal", not dog, and that it will work perfectly (tested it in 1.3 and got my hunting hawk, no problem.

Only thing to remember, always keep one male and one female not trained, as I am not sure the hunting ones can reproduce (same with the armoured animals).
Also note that you need to not place him in a zone if you assign him, and assigning him will make him an owned pet, with all possible bad consequences if he dies.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Animal threads not being recognized

In inorganic_zmasterwork, if i'm interpreting these correctly it looks like the material reaction product of hair is always plant thread.

[INORGANIC:HAIR]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:INORGANIC:THREAD]

->

[INORGANIC:THREAD]
[THREAD_PLANT]

I don't know what the fix is. 
for comparison Genesis has

[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:THREAD]

and then Yarn is assigned on a per creature basis

[CREATURE:ALPACA]
  [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
    [SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
         [YARN]

... but i don't suggest messing with it unless you really know what's up, Masterworks materials are totally different
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:04:27 am by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 749