Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796702 times)

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I am getting frequent crashes during world gen also.  I have never had this issue with Master Work before.  Where can I get the reg fix for this you guys were talking about earlier or was it a LAA? file I needed?

Thanks

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, I am getting frequent crashes during world gen also.  I have never had this issue with Master Work before.  Where can I get the reg fix for this you guys were talking about earlier or was it a LAA? file I needed?

Thanks

LAA

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If possible, you should add a biome for Ferric Elves, charred woodlands.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks

the LAA didn't work for me to be honest.  I'm still experiencing the crashes at world gen myself.  For now I've settled for a 50 year world gen.  I, too, didnt really have this problem before.  Like I said, it'd crash occasionally in earlier versions during worldgen, but no where near as much as it is now. 

edit: Also, I'm not exactly sure if this is a RAM issue or not.  I'm running 64bit Windows 7 with 8gigs of RAM, so with the LAA DF would be utilizing the 4gig max LAA allows.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:18:50 am by corrosivechains »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last few lines of the files gamelog.txt and errorlog.txt will tell you what exactly was going on when the game crashed. This would be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last few lines of the files gamelog.txt and errorlog.txt will tell you what exactly was going on when the game crashed. This would be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

gamelog of 1 crash:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and the whole of my errorlog from multiple worldgen crashes(kind of long):

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm. I have been getting Crashes on World gen a few times now, even before this version of the game, its been odd at times tbh...

Here is the Errorlog.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:11:20 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was able to reproduce the problem you both are having, it is most definitely a memory error. You need less stuff, or shorter history. It happens for me every time @ 1gig memory usage.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn it, I don't want less, cause that means less fun!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then - less history. Stick to 5 years - it will get you a new world with almost anything added. I got that crashes then i started making a civforge/fortressdefence2 patchwork worlds with supermany biomes and supermany civilizations - that made me gen worlds less than 65 years or it was a definitinve crash. So i guess you got even more staff that i was having:)

Now returning to my question about 5 elfish supercreatures - pet-dragons and white widows. I checked what is changed then they are introduced - the only thing is that their files is being uncommented. And their tags say that they will roam everything in huge numbers. So i will have to fight pet-dragons in any biome everymonth. That doesn't look really good for starting fortress:) So how is it made that they don't overoam everyone? And that only elfs s got them? I am curious on how do you handle those things.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can also use a smaller world. I had to make the world bigger to get mine to crash without having to wait forever. More fun packed in a smaller package! ;)

Also I just updated the mac port of 1.8

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

That's probably a young concubine. You monster.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

Rofl.

You are going to get a ghost in your fortress. DO NOT slaugther concubines or you will need to engrave him/her a memorial slab or something to prevent the ghost from spawning.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was able to reproduce the problem you both are having, it is most definitely a memory error. You need less stuff, or shorter history. It happens for me every time @ 1gig memory usage.

If it's happening at 1gig of memory usage then it's crashing before using all available resources.  Like I said, I have an 64bit Windows 7 machine with more than enough ram for Large Address Aware.

At this point and time I'm just gonna blame the elves, putting quota's on my resources!  *Shakes fist at the hippies*
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 749