Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796675 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4890 on: June 07, 2012, 11:38:37 pm »

You just need to copy the exe, the data/index and the .dll files that are different. Nothing else. The only thing in the raws is this:

Auxiliary file changes for 0.34.11:
   armor items
      mail shirt layering moved from ARMOR to OVER
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: June 07, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »

Meph will likely be waiting for a DFHack release
Sweet, didn't even think of that.
On the topic of DFHack, is there any way to launch Masterwork DF without it, or does it have to launch simultaneously?

Find sdl.dll
Call it sdlHACK.dll (for later use).
Find and rename sdlREAL.dll to sdl.dll.
If you want to USE IT you need to do the same but from the end to beginning.

theguruofreason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: June 08, 2012, 02:37:55 am »

So, this is going to be hard to diagnose probably, since I get no error log, but the newest version of masterwork crashes during every worldgen. It's not always at the same year, and I've played with masterwork options a bit, but I cannot get through worldgen.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: June 08, 2012, 02:55:03 am »

So, this is going to be hard to diagnose probably, since I get no error log, but the newest version of masterwork crashes during every worldgen. It's not always at the same year, and I've played with masterwork options a bit, but I cannot get through worldgen.

Have you disabled Illithids? They tend to crash worldgen sometimes.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

theguruofreason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: June 08, 2012, 03:23:48 am »

Have you disabled Illithids? They tend to crash worldgen sometimes.
Just attempted, still crashed...

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: June 08, 2012, 03:59:15 am »

Have you tried making the world smaller? or the history shorter? How much free memory does your computer have?

@Meph; Yes that is is the idea with the button. As for the guides/help I havn't started on that project yet.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: June 08, 2012, 04:05:18 am »

Well about armor not giving bad thoughts... raw changes im 34.11 imply that any armor with layer UNDER is considered clothing. And so you can change all armors which are elastic to UNDER from ARMOR layer. Of course platemail is still ARMOR. I always thought that clothing is SOFT, but now it seems that anything can be considered clothing.

theguruofreason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: June 08, 2012, 05:05:52 am »

Have you tried making the world smaller? or the history shorter? How much free memory does your computer have?
Well, I got one that worked finally. I didn't change any settings or anything. My comp has 8 gigs total and 5.5 of those are free at the beginning of each gen. Pretty sure I'm not short on system resources. Not sure why it was crashing.

nef

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: June 08, 2012, 06:27:28 am »

Does good weather have any positive effects? My map had beer raining from the sky but all the dwarves were furious about the freak weather.
Near as I can tell, anything other than normal rain/snow counts as freaky, and your dwarves freak out.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: June 08, 2012, 07:23:11 am »

Well, I got one that worked finally. I didn't change any settings or anything. My comp has 8 gigs total and 5.5 of those are free at the beginning of each gen. Pretty sure I'm not short on system resources. Not sure why it was crashing.

You have 2.5 gigs of RAM in use? What the hell are you running to hog that much?
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Dracia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: June 08, 2012, 09:06:47 am »

If I use any tileset other than Phoebus, Ironhand and Matrix the other settings stay unchanged.

And I really like the normal ASCII set. Any help?

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: June 08, 2012, 10:08:23 am »

If I use any tileset other than Phoebus, Ironhand and Matrix the other settings stay unchanged.

And I really like the normal ASCII set. Any help?

There is a warning on the settings program that changing tileset may change some options.  Have you tried to set the tileset first, and then the other options?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: June 08, 2012, 10:10:02 am »

Push DF to a single core. That's my old standby for all crashes world gen related (except illithids which we know crashes under all circumstances).

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: June 08, 2012, 10:56:42 am »

Bug 1: Had a forgotten beast made of a flash of blinding light, or something.  One of those materials designed as a reaction result.  Hilariously, it melted about 20 steps into the map.
Bug 2: Creature armoury again.  It turned about 3 pig tail cloth into 299 units of pig tail fibre building material.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #4904 on: June 08, 2012, 11:06:47 am »

Can someone give me a hint on how to "extract" simplified trees/leather/bodies from Masterwork raws for use in Lazy Newb Pack?
I love those features but I think that Masterwork is way too bloated with random shit otherwise. :/
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 749