Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796686 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #4920 on: June 09, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »

Huh. Well that was unexpected. I set someone up to become a golem and lo and behold that person was carrying a baby. The baby became the steel swordgolem. Aw, how cute. It has a sword for an arm.

Now mom is a swordgolem. Carrying a swordgolem baby shield. This can only end well.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:34:08 pm by BigD145 »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: June 09, 2012, 04:08:54 pm »

And awesomely, this interests me greatly.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: June 09, 2012, 05:16:14 pm »

If you can't wait, here is how to get masterwork LITE with 34.11:  (LITE as in most of the extra utilities won't work until updated versions are released)

inside your MasterworkDF folder (on a mac right click, choose show package contents inside "Contents":
rename "Dwarf Fortress" to "Dwarf Fortress Backup" ("Resources" to "Resources Backup" on mac)
extract df_34.11 zip and rename to "Dwarf Fortress" ("Resources" on mac)
copy the following folders out of "Dwarf Fortress Backup" and into "Dwarf Fortress" ("Resources Backup" into "Resources"
\data\art
\data\config (skip on mac or linux)
\data\init
\data\save
\data\speech
\raws

On windows:
Delete SDL.dll from "Dwarf Fortress", copy SDLreal.dll from "Dwarf Fortress Backup" into "Dwarf Fortress" and rename it to SDL.dll
DONE! also:
Copy over PhoebusTilesetAssemler.exe and any of the .dll's and .bat's in "Dwarf Fortress Backup" that are missing from "Dwarf Fortress" and the tile builder might work.

On mac:
Also copy appIcon.icns, AppSetting.plist, script, and MainMenu.nib
DONE!

On linux:
already DONE!

You should be able to do that to upgrade/downgrade any version of DF that is save file compatible.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:45:54 pm by zenerbufen »

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: June 09, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »

.... am I doing something wrong here? are there supposed to be mountain dust storms composed of dragonfire?

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: June 09, 2012, 09:00:43 pm »

Can someone give me a hint on how to "extract" simplified trees/leather/bodies from Masterwork raws for use in Lazy Newb Pack?
I love those features but I think that Masterwork is way too bloated with random shit otherwise. :/

Create a copy of the raws with the trees reduced and not reduced.  Diff the two copies.  Is that "hinty" enough?
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: June 10, 2012, 02:20:33 am »

.... am I doing something wrong here? are there supposed to be mountain dust storms composed of dragonfire?

I am getting those too on my current embark. I basically need to lock down my fort, since there almost always are storms of fire raging on the surface

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4926 on: June 10, 2012, 02:40:44 am »

Just a quick note on the dragonfirestorms: They were or testing, but I left them in with a very, very low chance of appearing. Since v1.7, so they have been there a while.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: June 10, 2012, 03:29:38 am »

This is my first embark in a desert, so that probably is the reason why i never saw them before. They appear at least once every 2-3 months and ravage all that is moving outside

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: June 10, 2012, 03:34:51 am »

Just a quick note on the dragonfirestorms: They were or testing, but I left them in with a very, very low chance of appearing. Since v1.7, so they have been there a while.

Low chance as in?
(a) You have a small chance of them ever appearing on any map.
(b) You have a small chance of them hitting your map twice a season forever?

I once had a really !FUN! embark and it was getting hit by dragonfire waves almost constantly. One of them finally clipped my double caravan (reclaimed it from the first time when a wave swept through the dwarves bringing supplies indoors...) and melted everything into a perma-smouldering mess, inlcuding all my food, seeds and drink...didn't help that dwarves kept falling down the nearby waterfall as well XD
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4929 on: June 10, 2012, 04:18:51 am »

Weather is determinded by biome. If dragonfire has a YES, then it will appear again and again. But there is a very low chance that it will be the default cloud material for a biome. Dont worry, I will not leave it in like this, it was a test, and I have never gotten any reports about it (till now) so I just assumed it didnt show up in fortress mode.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: June 10, 2012, 07:44:25 am »

I've had DragonFire clouds, but they'd just zip through the corner of my map without causing much trouble.  I think I've seen about one per year.  I'm hoping one might turn up to clear out my goblin problem. :)

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: June 10, 2012, 08:42:24 am »

Dragonfire does seem to be the default cloud in my embark. Now I probably need to lock down my fort to prevent melting down my dwarves. Can anyone tell me, if dwarves will actively walk into clouds, if there is a stockpile within it? Just wondering if I now need to move my refuse pile to the inside

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: June 10, 2012, 09:03:23 am »

Small bug (I think?) but crayfish shells are automatically tanned into chitinplate at the tannery. I just assumed chitin plate would come from dwarf/man sized crabby type animals.

Also don't know if something has been changed but I have two bifrost boulders after killing two frost giant thieves, they are sitting besides my creature research lab but there's not an option to turn it in to bars as it says on the building guide. The boulders are listed as reagants for all the bifrost reactions but all the reactions are red, maybe I just need more than two boulders? Also there's not a stone stockpile option for bifrost boulders, I just turned everything else off and they got taken to that stone stockpile.

And just because it made me laugh
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:29:43 am by Torgan »

Poonyen

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarg!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube page
« Reply #4933 on: June 10, 2012, 09:37:50 am »

If you can't wait, here is how to get masterwork LITE with 34.11:  (LITE as in most of the extra utilities won't work until updated versions are released)

inside your MasterworkDF folder (on a mac right click, choose show package contents inside "Contents":
rename "Dwarf Fortress" to "Dwarf Fortress Backup" ("Resources" to "Resources Backup" on mac)
extract df_34.11 zip and rename to "Dwarf Fortress" ("Resources" on mac)
copy the following folders out of "Dwarf Fortress Backup" and into "Dwarf Fortress" ("Resources Backup" into "Resources"
\data\art
\data\config (skip on mac or linux)
\data\init
\data\save
\data\speech
\raws

On windows:
Delete SDL.dll from "Dwarf Fortress", copy SDLreal.dll from "Dwarf Fortress Backup" into "Dwarf Fortress" and rename it to SDL.dll
DONE! also:
Copy over PhoebusTilesetAssemler.exe and any of the .dll's and .bat's in "Dwarf Fortress Backup" that are missing from "Dwarf Fortress" and the tile builder might work.

On mac:
Also copy appIcon.icns, AppSetting.plist, script, and MainMenu.nib
DONE!

On linux:
already DONE!

You should be able to do that to upgrade/downgrade any version of DF that is save file compatible.

So...

I tried these steps to play Masterwork on 34.11 but it seems I entered the Twilight Zone on LSD. Marvel at the psychedelia of the hamlet, Swelterbejeweled:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The coloured squares seem to be occupied by quadrillions of rapidly changing "furrowed" stuff; furrowed silver, furrowed troll (female) etc. I suppose there are still some problems with a direct port to 34.11. I'll wait for the grandmasters then.

To make matters weirder, the road is made up of "petrification spell"  :o

What the hell was in that Fire Snake extract? Drugs may look like !fun!, kids, but it messes with your mind.
I like to make music especially for Dwarf Fortress and Soundsense in my spare time (https://www.youtube.com/simonswerwer, http://soundcloud.com/simonswerwer). Also check out Toadese Language Utility to read and write DF dwarven texts (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136098). Bang the tankards!

Urist McCoke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: June 10, 2012, 10:31:22 am »

I also encountered dragonfire clouds in my current desert embark.

Positive: couldn't care less about sieges
Negative: Dwarfes also doesn't care about silver road smelting and in general deadly clouds.

Also pretty mu:ch everyone in the embark  area (primary dwarfs but Not exclusive) is more or less  constantly vomiting
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 749