Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796704 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5055 on: June 15, 2012, 07:59:18 pm »

I'm sure you would earn a lot of love from a lot of people in here if you were to pick out all the standardized material raws (IE the wood, leather, etc) and packaged them to stick in vanilla.  That seems to be the biggest draw to masterwork.

Is planned. Like I said, when I am back in Germany, i will do a complete overhaul of the mod. The options should revert back to vanilla, and the standardized stuff can be selected as well. And it will have playtesting by me, ha. The entire mod has been written on a netbook so far, while travelling, so just you wait till I actually have access to a real computer. :P

PS: Currently in the middle of gorram nowwhere, in the Mojave desert. Temp is hovering between 100 and 110, and still 220miles to go till Flagstaff, my next break.

Heya Meph, I know but figured since the guy asked I'd point him in a direction.  Coincidentally, I've been out in the Mojave too....been playing Fallout New Vegas quite a bit lately and taking a break from fortressing.  Was starting to have dreams where I was helping groups of Dwarven Engineers and Architects build towers and bridges and what nots :P.

I'm sure you would earn a lot of love from a lot of people in here if you were to pick out all the standardized material raws (IE the wood, leather, etc) and packaged them to stick in vanilla.  That seems to be the biggest draw to masterwork.

Is planned. Like I said, when I am back in Germany, i will do a complete overhaul of the mod. The options should revert back to vanilla, and the standardized stuff can be selected as well. And it will have playtesting by me, ha. The entire mod has been written on a netbook so far, while travelling, so just you wait till I actually have access to a real computer. :P

PS: Currently in the middle of gorram nowwhere, in the Mojave desert. Temp is hovering between 100 and 110, and still 220miles to go till Flagstaff, my next break.

If you need any Java/Linux/Mac support, happy to help. One thing I've been meaning to do is capture a stack trace of SoundSense, that guy seems to die every five minutes.

Zenerbufen would be the guy to talk to about helping with Java/Linux/Mac support.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: June 15, 2012, 08:00:36 pm »

I am attacked by automatons... riding on flying giant kea's. WTF:

Edit: ... and giant slugs.

Edit2: And War Sauropods.

I am playing this mod for months. And it never ceases to amaze me.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:12:04 am by mglarev »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: June 16, 2012, 12:59:41 am »

If you need any Java/Linux/Mac support, happy to help. One thing I've been meaning to do is capture a stack trace of SoundSense, that guy seems to die every five minutes.
I'm using python along with QT for the new interface. I don't know java :\  PM me if you want to help. Anything you could do to help get therapist/soundsense/dfhack working on mac linux would be appreciated by many in the mac/linux dwarf-community.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: June 16, 2012, 07:13:49 am »

So I guess I am being dumb but how do you turn a dwarf in to a golem? I've built the magma golem forge, made a steel cast and have a steel long sword, the option to make a steel golem is there but the dwarf I have selected in the workshop profile to use the golem forge won't go and be turned into a golem. I have turned weapon smithing on that dwarf as you needed that to make the forge but that's not working either.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: June 16, 2012, 07:26:00 am »

Looked it up in
Dwarf Fortress\raw\objects\reaction_masterwork.txt

The reaction has    [SKILL:EXTRACT_STRAND].

Try turning on strand extraction.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: June 16, 2012, 09:11:15 am »

Sorry if I missed this somewhere.  Is there a problem with skeletons in 1.9.2?  I have a dwarf with a mood who wants skeletons.  I have butchered all kinds of critters but none give skeletons.

If so, is there a way to fix it before my best stone mason goes insane?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: June 16, 2012, 09:13:39 am »

Sorry if I missed this somewhere.  Is there a problem with skeletons in 1.9.2?  I have a dwarf with a mood who wants skeletons.  I have butchered all kinds of critters but none give skeletons.

If so, is there a way to fix it before my best stone mason goes insane?
Did you use showmood to make sure he's looking for bones? He might just want lots of whatever the item he asked for before that was.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: June 16, 2012, 09:15:44 am »

Perhaps a Noobish question, but how in the world do you get wards? I'm getting mighty tired of my crafters turning into Acolytes.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: June 16, 2012, 09:17:15 am »

Good call Broseph.  I didn't even realize that was a command.  silk cloth is what is holding him up. 

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: June 16, 2012, 10:14:08 am »

Reporting a small bug in the "Wood Guide.png". In the second row it says "Blunt Weapons" where it should say "Cutting Weapons"

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:38 am »

Perhaps a Noobish question, but how in the world do you get wards? I'm getting mighty tired of my crafters turning into Acolytes.

You either have to either order them from the dwarf caravan under pets or take some on embark. It's a bit of a pain in the ass and Meph is going to revamp them eventually. They're really cheap but sometimes they die for no apparent reason, some say it's because they only have a life of 2 years. I've found the best thing to do with them is make a small room with a door and pasture them inside. They don't leave a corpse so if they die you just get a missing message if you're lucky, otherwise they just show up in the dead list one day. I wouldn't keep them pastured with anything else because I think even a horse kick can kill them which might have been what happened to mine.

In my current fort I have 4 locked in a small room but haven't had a single plague or anything!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: June 16, 2012, 02:31:13 pm »

This might be a bug, but maybe a feature:
Mithril weapons can be extremely valuable. Like hooo-ly shit valuable. I've just sold a mithril greataxe for 46000 to a drow caravan (among other things). I know it's kind of rare, but I think this is too much. Some of my artifacts are less valuable than masterwork mithril weapons. Sure the crafter doesn't like it if their masterwork weapon leaves the map, but that's a small price to pay for a shitload of warbeasts and dozens of metal bars.
I've just tripled my military strenght by selling a single axe.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5067 on: June 16, 2012, 03:29:57 pm »

Was a nice axe then. ;) But I know what you mean. It is because the items need several bars, and the value gets multiplied, and then the masterwork multiplier on top of that...

LOL, meph you keep ninja answering.  How do you do this while cycling through the desert?  Do you have some kind of heads up display visor with an audio input?
Because I am awesome. But the visor thing you describe would be even more so. ;)
Also, because I ride 100km in the morning, hang around an aircon fastfood something with wifi (currently the good old all american McDonalds) all day, and cycle another 100km in the evening. Call it a siesta ;)

For the people who dislike the wards and the difficult handling of them: Turn "secrets" off (in the creature section) as well as "diseases" (in the misc section) That way you dont have to worry about them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: June 16, 2012, 07:27:27 pm »

I was recently visited by a "gingerbread man"  ;D

Also: This Poison-glass trees in cavern layer 2 are not useful, aren't they?

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: June 16, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »

Has there been any progress on the documentation?  If so, can someone please provide a link?  If not, can someone please remind me what the Overseer and Hammerer Nobles do? 
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 749