Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1800048 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7215 on: October 16, 2012, 09:08:08 pm »

I managed to change the resolution that made it look weird, but I can't figure out how to change the colour now.
Someone gave them a beard too. I don't like that.

That "someone" is Toady. Blame him.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: October 16, 2012, 10:15:53 pm »

I managed to change the resolution that made it look weird, but I can't figure out how to change the colour now.
Someone gave them a beard too. I don't like that.

That "someone" is Toady. Blame him.

Ok, find a tileset you like here that is beardless: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Tileset_repository
here is the old beardless style in 10x10 there may be another you like better:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/images/0/03/Alloy_curses_12x12.png

save it over Phoebus_16x16.png in data\art\

you can tweak the colors to your hearts content by editing the file \data\init\colors.txt

Here are the vanilla defaults:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kpn.Kardif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:34 am »

I need help with my retarded marksdwarves!  I had a migrant wave show up with four rangers, so I decided to draft all of them into the military as marksdwarves using crossbows, cause they were good at it.  They have weapons and quivers, but they just won't pick up bolts.  They originally filled their quivers with javelins, which obviously won't work with crossbows.  Got them do drop those, but now they just hang around with empty quivers!  I have made tons of bolts, i have disabled/re-enabled the squad, disbanded, change the amount of ammo they have, removing ammo stockpiles, everything i can think of or have thus far found on the internets, all to no avail.  I don't know if it's mod related, but seeing as how they'll pick up javelins, I thought its worth a shot!  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you changed the material type they are allowed to use in the ammo section of the military menus?  If you forbid everything but the ammo type you want them to use, this usually clears up the problem.  Not always, unfortunately, dorfs being dorfs, but it helps in most situations.

Got it figured out.  Wasn't the material necessarily, but the fact that the bolts were made at the stoneforge.  I was trying to get them to use rocktip bolts, and the game creates them as "Rocktip Rocktip bolts", which are not considered standard bolts, but foreign.  As soon as I set them to use foreign rocktip bolts, they picked them right up.  Might want to look at this though, seems weird to have homemade crossbow bolts be foreign like this.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: October 17, 2012, 04:37:46 am »

Speaking of rocktip bolts - how do rock weapons / armor and gem weapons / armor compare to metal weapons / armor?  Assuming the metal in question is steel. 

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #7219 on: October 17, 2012, 08:28:42 am »

Yes, good question @Joseph WongKS

Speaking of rocktip bolts - how do rock weapons / armor and gem weapons / armor compare to metal weapons / armor?  Assuming the metal in question is steel. 

I wish i could come up it a comparition table but got tired of searching everywere about something like that. the materials table is not specific regarding to armor. Also de Plate armor upgrade is not listed either. Just a few bits of info or where to check pls.

Also i am making a summon to the users of this mod. Masterwork is big, really big, we should start helping upgrade de wiki, its kind of lonely there... http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: October 17, 2012, 12:26:40 pm »

The plate armours made at the (magma) armoury are listed as armour choices, they are just described as foreign. I have my guys wearing plate helms, greaves and platemail (upgraded breastplate). Can't get plated boots and gloves as per the building guides because of hardcoded issue.

As far as I know there's no point updating the wiki as Meph is working on Masterwork 2 as the next release and he's said it will come with documentation, and in either case will probably obsolete anything you do just now.

McClaude

• Bay Watcher
  • South is hotter... always. I hate sweat.
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #7221 on: October 17, 2012, 12:33:41 pm »

@Torgan

Right, i did the same, but how much is the increase of protection on plates or the rocktip stuff?
I was talking about the protection levels of the diferent armours (new ones), but i am thinking that will be better to wait for the new relase rather than researching info on this version.  ???
☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress
LET`S CONTRIBUTE ON THE WIKI!
http://masterworkdf.wikispaces.com/

Morticeq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: October 17, 2012, 04:01:02 pm »

For example, for me the best thing that can be done around masterwork manuals are two basic things:

First, flowchart like this http://dwarffortresswiki.org/images/e/e6/FlowchartDF.png but with MW2 stuff included and highlighted. The best thing to do about it, would be interactive flowchart, where you can click on a building, and it will show you its page(or picture, like in the old manual).

Second, three(or five, or whatever) "bestest" and three "worsest" materials evarrr in MW2(sorry for making that kind of emphasis :) ). But, for each purpose separately. Because for example, new player may understand that the heavier material is, the better blunt weapons you can make from it. But you cannot see in any chart if for example is gemtip weapon better than adamantine one. And also, questions like, if I make rocktip weapon from RAW_ADAMANTINE(don't ask why :D ), what will its quality as a weapon be? So nice clean list of all materials that certain kind of item can be made of, sorted. Because, for example, official wiki has several confusions going on page about weapon materials.

I hope my post is readable, I had rough day  :D

thunderbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: October 17, 2012, 07:36:48 pm »

how can I turn off the carp god thing on my current fort?

DtheMac

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: October 17, 2012, 09:25:33 pm »

I'm missing the crematorium and fish farm. I'm not completely sure how to get them. I've got EVERY setting turned on on the mod that I could possible think would affect it... so... any help here?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: October 17, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »

Can't get plated boots

Why's that? Boots don't actually have handedness, you know, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Morticeq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: October 18, 2012, 04:25:22 am »

I'm missing the crematorium and fish farm. I'm not completely sure how to get them. I've got EVERY setting turned on on the mod that I could possible think would affect it... so... any help here?
I swear this is discussed on every page... Fish farm has intentional bug, it's written FISH_POND instead of FISH_FARM so it's not possible to make.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: October 18, 2012, 08:44:04 am »

how can I turn off the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
thing on my current fort?
Shh.. That's a SECRET *hint hint*

@Morticeq
That is a great idea. You should bring it up in the team-speak thread so It doesn't get forgotten about!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116681.0;topicseen

I am planing on making the GUI (eventually, won't be in first release) Provide a list of buildings/creatures turned currently turned on, and provide pictures/help docs for that item with a single click right from the gui. Your flow chart has got the gear in my head turning. If I put the work into making something like that I would want it to be done in code, so that it can auto-update as buildings are added/removed from the mod. It would require a lot of work to get the mod to that state however. (out of date documentation bugs me. Bad docs are worse than no docs usually)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:52:33 am by zenerbufen »

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: October 18, 2012, 02:08:31 pm »

Can't get plated boots
Why's that? Boots don't actually have handedness, you know, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Oh, well I was just repeating what is on the building guides but having actually tested it out just now my militia commander appears to be wearing plate boots without any problems. D'oh.

@McClaude
Sorry misunderstood your question, I thought you meant in the squad equip menu. There's a bit in the manual saying best armour is plate with netherwood undergarments for max protection as they should be fireproof. With armour plates being so easy to make, as you can use any metal to make them, I don't see a reason not to wear plate. Which is also great as you can buy some average quality gear from the caravan, stick plates on it with your legendary armourer and get exceptional/masterwork level plate armour and tower shields. Which is nice. Slademantine plate geared dwarves are. so. slow. though, I've used a few legendary aethers to make my dwarves legendary armour users so they can reach the enemy before their steel clad comrades wipe them out.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: October 18, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »

An issue with one of the Dragons..

One of them died earlier from drowning without a fight and I encountered this one that's drowning as well; during adventure mode... D:
I assume I should disable it's ability to breathe with [NOBREATHE] token.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:56:44 pm by Guylock »
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 749