Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1800075 times)

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8595 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »

"4. Maces, hammers, etc, over-all seem to be quite useless in the Mod."

I noticed this too, but I don't remember what version it was.  Could easily have been <2.  I outfitted a whole squad with wolfram mauls, expecting them to bash some faces in.  No bashed faces, lots of bruises.

Yep. I didn't see note of this being fixed exclusively, and I've been busy trying to get a 'dangerous' evil biome going since I started playing again, so haven't tested in 2.0 -.-;
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:30:39 pm by SabbyKat »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: January 14, 2013, 08:08:57 pm »

Hmm, let's see....
I bet it was *mauls* or meteorhammers that you had bad experience with.  If not lets follow up and do some testing.  Here's what I found in a quick compare:

---

Maces only have attacks that are same or almost certainly a little better  than vanilla (increased velocity multiplier, same contact area).  i think no change since 195.

Warhammers have a variety of attacks, some better some worse, overall not too different from vanilla.  no change since 195.

Meteor hammers used to be really bad, but greatly improved since 195. 

Maul used to be really bad, but now is ... still bad ;)  no change since 195.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: January 14, 2013, 08:23:26 pm »

Hmm, let's see....
I bet it was *mauls* or meteorhammers that you had bad experience with.  If not lets follow up and do some testing.  Here's what I found in a quick compare:

---

Maces only have attacks that are same or almost certainly a little better  than vanilla (increased velocity multiplier, same contact area).  i think no change since 195.

Warhammers have a variety of attacks, some better some worse, overall not too different from vanilla.  no change since 195.

Meteor hammers used to be really bad, but greatly improved since 195. 

Maul used to be really bad, but now is ... still bad ;)  no change since 195.

Odds are, I did this before 1.9.5. I've been playing masterwork since damn near its inception, so quite hard to recall it all :p

As for current mace abilities, I'll give it a whirl in game. I think a better comparison would be to setup maces (1 handers) and shields vs Hammers (two handers) and no shield, then compare similar with axes - the 'bread and butter' of dwarves.

To my grasping, maces SHOULD be better at taking care of foes in good armor, and axes, better vs flesh generally, with swords being a middle ground. From my experience, armored or fleshed would not die to either variance of 'blunt' weapons, axes/swords worked brilliant, and hence, I hadn't touched a mace (after trying all the types and mix-and-matching hoping it was just being odd) in ages, hence my pointing the issue out - as I heard others mention it a while (at current rates, like 100 bloody pages back! :P) ago.

Either way, doesn't truly matter. Generally speaking, axes do everything you need barring Forgotten Beasts, or similar, so it's not a big issue.

of course, I don't even train a single military dwarf, and use engineering and brains to trump everything that comes at me, so that may be a bit of a problem... :P

Edit: Rather than make a new post, asking in this one.

Is the correct file to alter weathers (custom weathers), in raw --> Objects ---> Interaction_weather ? I notice some stuff is 'Masterwork' and some seems vanilla. As well, in this file, it's a total mess and I see rains that don't exist in game, so I assume they were just 'experiments' by Meph.

if this is the right folder, yay! Step one down, now to make head and bloody tales of it. Can someone point me to something that has mod info on weather? Wiki has everything BUT weather, the boards here I can't find anything related to it, google shows nothing for mod guidelines... -.-; I just want to have a controlled embark, so I can play! Q.Q What's wrong with horrible rain that melts dwarves into puddles of goo, and zombie-kittens?! It's fun! ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:40:01 pm by SabbyKat »

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: January 14, 2013, 08:24:27 pm »

So, when I was playing as the kobolds (different embark because I couldn't farm well enough with my plots continuously destroyed by rock snow), I discovered I could take concubines along (yes, concubines were enabled for lols, and experimenting with exploit potential).  To my disappointment, they were dwarfen concubines.  I checked when I switched to orcs and they were there too (along with a ridiculous amount of tamed animals considering I set the history to 19 years.)  So, what I'm saying is that concubines should be switched off (easy way).  Possibly then you might put them into the orc and kobold raws, but that's an open suggestion and not in any way me saying I need them for my game experience.

Stupid story time:  So, I tried to switch straight from kobolds to orcs, and the orcs turned into dwarfs, so I had to restart the game.  Alas, it was my own stupidity for failing to heed the warning of don't turn both on at once, so i will remember to do it the other way in the future.  Maybe just a stronger warning?  Maybe another warning that one screen you have empty space?  Or maybe just let the stupids figure themselves out.

EDIT: orcs had blobs available on embark.  along with beissworms, tame spider vermin, tame coati, tame Gray Langurs, tame blight bats, tame weasals, wombats, and wolverines.  My parent civ started in mountains closer to the warm pole, but still there are some issues there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:30:07 pm by Omeganaut »
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: January 14, 2013, 08:44:20 pm »

I use a pre-genned world for the embark, and that doesn't work, and attempted to gen a world.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29408524/region1.rar

^this is the world i generated while playing as kobolds. dropbox is being finnicky today

Sorry, i still can't replicate your problem.   :-\ 
I did several orc worldgens with no problems (1 out of 5 times there were no wolves, but that's just luck of the draw), and here's my kobold embark from your save,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, What do you mean you "use a pre-genned world"? 

Did you start the game as Race #1, generate a world, close the game, toggle the GUI over to Race #2, open the same world, and try to embark as Race #2?   That wouldn't work. Or do you just mean you used one of Meph's world generation templates?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:09:27 pm by smakemupagus »

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: January 14, 2013, 09:02:52 pm »

Then this happened.  I use phoebus, with the natural colors, and I don't think vermin should look like gems, especially when they are flashing in the middle of a room I thought my miner had already dug out. Spoilered for size, I'm not great at screenshots.

My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: January 14, 2013, 09:22:42 pm »

I use a pre-genned world for the embark, and that doesn't work, and attempted to gen a world.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29408524/region1.rar

^this is the world i generated while playing as kobolds. dropbox is being finnicky today

Sorry, i still can't replicate your problem.   :-\ 
I did several orc worldgens with no problems (1 out of 5 times there were no wolves, but that's just luck of the draw), and here's my kobold embark from your save,

Oh, What do you mean you "use a pre-genned world"? 

Did you start the game as Race #1, generate a world, close the game, toggle the GUI over to Race #2, open the same world, and try to embark as Race #2?   That wouldn't work. Or do you just mean you used one of Meph's world generation templates?

Oh, that makes sense. That explains why kobolds rock on that. I still get crashes from genning as orcs though. Oh well, kobolds are fun, and dwarves are still awesome

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: January 14, 2013, 11:04:44 pm »

Also, quick question.

Can someone please embark as dwarves, and take Marble (stone, not block), and try to build with it? I have 50+ marble stone here, but can't use it to build a wall. But I can use granite, wood, etc. I didn't see anything about flux not being buildable with anymore, so if not an oversight on my part, may be a bug.

Edit:

To confirm, marble BLOCKS work just fine, as does Chert-Stone, another flux... *rubs head*
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:06:41 pm by SabbyKat »

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: January 14, 2013, 11:41:49 pm »

Also, quick question.

Can someone please embark as dwarves, and take Marble (stone, not block), and try to build with it? I have 50+ marble stone here, but can't use it to build a wall. But I can use granite, wood, etc. I didn't see anything about flux not being buildable with anymore, so if not an oversight on my part, may be a bug.

Edit:

To confirm, marble BLOCKS work just fine, as does Chert-Stone, another flux... *rubs head*

Try enabling marble to be used in the stone submenu of the 'z' menu?

quiqafooqey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:11 am »

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't for the life of me find how to pull up the options GUI for the OSX version of 2f. I can run the df unix exec but that just boots me straight into the game. What am I doing wrong here?

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: January 15, 2013, 01:02:53 am »

Also, quick question.

Edit:

Try enabling marble to be used in the stone submenu of the 'z' menu?

It is. I checked that instantly. Not barrow either, as I literally just embarked, and first buttons were, b, C, w to try and get a wall up and noticed I couldn't select it >.> <.< I'll try a new world and see if it still does this.

Edit:

Some bugs/possible bugs for Meph (as well as the previous big post last page :P).

1. Marble SEEMS to not be usable as a building material for construction (floor, walls, ramps, etc) - still examining if it could be my game or not.

2. 'Vomit' appears to be dark BLUE with color: Default+ (default setting)... I wonder if I have smurfs nearby?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:41:16 am by SabbyKat »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8606 on: January 15, 2013, 02:37:25 am »

@nekronuke: I cant reproduce the error, same as smake. It must be something on your end...

@quiqafooqey: Kudakeru made the Mac OS pack, I cant help you with that, I dont have a Mac. You could leave him a PM, see if he can reproduce the error.

@Omeganaut: Your screenshot doesnt show the vermin/gem, because your mousepointer is above it. Concubines are OFF by default, and dont work with Orcs or Kobolds, the same goes for many other features. The GUI is designed to be used with dwarves. Some options, those that alter the world/plants/inorganics of course affect orc/kobolds as well. That orcs have many animals is normal, and intended.

On embark your orcs didnt turn into dwarves. You embarked as dwarf civ. If you play raound too much with the orc and kobold buttons, you might end up with 2 civs (orc and dwarf or kobold and dwarf) at embark. You have to pick one at the embark screen. You picked dwarves.

@SabbyKat: Dont worry, I love long feedback like that. Unfortunately I have to trash talk you a bit, because your reports are for... maybe 5 versions ago? And you dont say which part is about which version... which in turn makes it really hard for me to test anything on it. "Oh Meteor hammers dont work? I thought I fixed that" Then I go to the Arena, do 1h of Meteorhammer-testing, come back, say "No, friend, meteor hammers are fine" and you say "Oh, yeah, I meant Meteorhammers from 5 versions ago." My answer: "well I love wasting hours and hours upon testing wrong reports, thank you too." And then I am off to Fortress mode to test Marble, just to see that it works perfectly fine for constructions. Which I actually did, and it does work.

So what I am saying is: Long post are awesome. Suggestions are awesome. But what I always, under all circumstances need is this: (and I quote the manual here)
Please report at the forum thread, or write me a PM. Please mention the mod version, tileset used, if settings have been changed, and what exactly is it that is wrong.
Please keep in mind that some issues are Vanilla DF or dfhack related. If you think this is the case, give me a quick heads up, but post the report in the fitting thread.

That said, lets see what you posted:
Vomit is blue, I noticed that as well. Surprised me a bit, because vomit is hardcoded, so it must be the color scheme, but wtf...
Marble works, is an error on your end.
Interaction_weather is the correct file, but you also need to edit the worldgen. Otherwise its of no use.
Wiki: weather information is under "interactions", because its just ONE TAG in an interaction that makes it weather.

(these 1-5 is about your answers that were numerated)
1. Cavern grass and trees work, but only show up now and then, because all the normal stuff still grows in evil/good biomes as well, same as on the surface.
2. Yep, husks die from mithril runes. At least they should. Testfort on this would be AMAZING, since I havent gotten any reports on runes yet. :(
3. Point taken. Invaders bring no shoes/boots, because thats 4 items per creature, 100 invaders means 400 items more.
4. No one will lynch you. And I like reducing exploits.
5. Yep, will work.

(these 1-5 is about your balancing feedback)
1. Gem furniture should be nice. Especially the diamond "exploit" you posted. Just compare:
Fell tree, make bed. Done.
Mine stone till you find rock crystal, mine rock crystals, fell tree, make ash, make pearlash, make fuel, make crystal glass, make fuel, mine gold ore, smelt gold bar, make fuel, make artificial diamonds, make bed. Done.

2. Turrets. You dont know how modding works in that case, so bear with me:
Bullets shooting steel are as strong as bullets shooting silver, copper, gold, iron, whatever. ONLY THE SOLID DENSITY MATTERS. Thats why slade turrets are per definition better. I CANNOT alter how effective the material emission is. I CANNOT alter how accurate a turret is. What you describe as "30%" less accurate is sadly complete bollocks, both are absolutely equal. It might be that the stronger knockback of targets hit by slade turrets dont get hit, because they were just knocked back out of the line of fire.

Making a turret from each material would require a seperate reaction and creature for each. Too much work, for no change in effeciency. Not like golems, who literally wear their materials as weapon and armor. I honestly dont know how to make bullet/slade turrets better, because I can only alter the rate of fire and range. Thats pretty much it.

Web turrets seem to work as intended. Good.

Acid turrets were changed heavily.  They cause this on the target:
Code: [Select]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:250:PROB:50:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:250:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:250:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:150:PROB:10:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]

Warpstone turrets should kill. They cause this on the target:
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:2200:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:2000:END:3000] [CE_PAIN:SEV:2200:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:2000:END:3000]
Fire turrets: Cant mod firebreath, its entirely hardcoded. Cant affect the temperature, range, anything...

Hellfireturrets: Cant mod dragonfirebreath, is entirely hardcoded.

Slade Metal: This doesnt even exist (for 5 versions now) If you somehow managed to make slade bars, which is impossible, please let me know.

4: Maces, Hammers and such. Wrex and Smake balanced a ton of them. Apparently not the mace, but blunt weapons should be a lot better. (also for 5 versions now)

5. What Guide? Have you had a look at the current manual? They have a 25 times higher ammo velocity and force. And bullet-ammo has 2,5 deeper cutting values.

6. Flashing grass in evil biomes: Wanted to post "doesnt exist anymore since 5 versions", which is true for Phoebus, but apparently it still does in Ironhand/Ascii. Will be removed as well.

A NOTE: Turrets are ridiculously cheap atm, because I have no alchemy/chemistry system. The old one was scrapped, so all "mercury, acid, warpstone, magnesium" and so forth is gone, and most turrets are essentially for free atm.

Now that I wrote all this: I hate to say it, but besides balancing the mace and removing a line of Alt-tile grass, your post was mostly addressing things that are outdated and have changed. Now dont take me wrong, I still love big feedback posts and balancing reports about testforts, but they are only helpful if they are about the current mod version.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:40:35 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29:20 am »

Oh, by the way. Just thought I'd share, but beekeeping can unintentionally boost tanning levels to a ridiculous level and help out the leather upgrading biz.

If you pasture animals right next to or around your hives, then they'll get stung by honey bees really often. In the process, bees die and leave behind corpses, which you can then turn into bone studs. Just set that on repeat and you'll have a legendary tanner in no time (and a ridiculous amount of bone studs that you won't know what to do with).

Liuface

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: January 15, 2013, 04:36:28 am »

Hi, I'm a new poster on this forum and been trying out this mod recently. I've noticed that since v. 2d, smoothed wood and scrap wood logs haven't been recognized by wood stockpiles. Also in v. 2e, the timberyard seems to recognize other non-sapling plants for its wood reactions, e.g. cutting prickle berries into the aforementioned unrecognized logs. I encountered both these issues in ASCII+. Any idea what might be causing them?

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: January 15, 2013, 04:38:33 am »

@nekronuke: I cant reproduce the error, same as smake. It must be something on your end...

@quiqafooqey: Kudakeru made the Mac OS pack, I cant help you with that, I dont have a Mac. You could leave him a PM, see if he can reproduce the error.

@Omeganaut: Your screenshot doesnt show the vermin/gem, because your mousepointer is above it. Concubines are OFF by default, and dont work with Orcs or Kobolds, the same goes for many other features. The GUI is designed to be used with dwarves. Some options, those that alter the world/plants/inorganics of course affect orc/kobolds as well. That orcs have many animals is normal, and intended.

On embark your orcs didnt turn into dwarves. You embarked as dwarf civ. If you play raound too much with the orc and kobold buttons, you might end up with 2 civs (orc and dwarf or kobold and dwarf) at embark. You have to pick one at the embark screen. You picked dwarves.

@SabbyKat: Dont worry, I love long feedback like that. Unfortunately I have to trash talk you a bit, because your reports are for... maybe 5 versions ago? And you dont say which part is about which version... which in turn makes it really hard for me to test anything on it. "Oh Meteor hammers dont work? I thought I fixed that" Then I go to the Arena, do 1h of Meteorhammer-testing, come back, say "No, friend, meteor hammers are fine" and you say "Oh, yeah, I meant Meteorhammers from 5 versions ago." My answer: "well I love wasting hours and hours upon testing wrong reports, thank you too." And then I am off to Fortress mode to test Marble, just to see that it works perfectly fine for constructions. Which I actually did, and it does work.

So what I am saying is: Long post are awesome. Suggestions are awesome. But what I always, under all circumstances need is this: (and I quote the manual here)
Please report at the forum thread, or write me a PM. Please mention the mod version, tileset used, if settings have been changed, and what exactly is it that is wrong.
Please keep in mind that some issues are Vanilla DF or dfhack related. If you think this is the case, give me a quick heads up, but post the report in the fitting thread.

That said, lets see what you posted:
Vomit is blue, I noticed that as well. Surprised me a bit, because vomit is hardcoded, so it must be the color scheme, but wtf...
Marble works, is an error on your end.
Interaction_weather is the correct file, but you also need to edit the worldgen. Otherwise its of no use.
Wiki: weather information is under "interactions", because its just ONE TAG in an interaction that makes it weather.

(these 1-5 is about your answers that were numerated)
1. Cavern grass and trees work, but only show up now and then, because all the normal stuff still grows in evil/good biomes as well, same as on the surface.
2. Yep, husks die from mithril runes. At least they should. Testfort on this would be AMAZING, since I havent gotten any reports on runes yet. :(
3. Point taken. Invaders bring no shoes/boots, because thats 4 items per creature, 100 invaders means 400 items more.
4. No one will lynch you. And I like reducing exploits.
5. Yep, will work.

(these 1-5 is about your balancing feedback)
1. Gem furniture should be nice. Especially the diamond "exploit" you posted. Just compare:
Fell tree, make bed. Done.
Mine stone till you find rock crystal, mine rock crystals, fell tree, make ash, make pearlash, make fuel, make crystal glass, make fuel, mine gold ore, smelt gold bar, make fuel, make artificial diamonds, make bed. Done.

2. Turrets. You dont know how modding works in that case, so bear with me:
Bullets shooting steel are as strong as bullets shooting silver, copper, gold, iron, whatever. ONLY THE SOLID DENSITY MATTERS. Thats why slade turrets are per definition better. I CANNOT alter how effective the material emission is. I CANNOT alter how accurate a turret is. What you describe as "30%" less accurate is sadly complete bollocks, both are absolutely equal. It might be that the stronger knockback of targets hit by slade turrets dont get hit, because they were just knocked back out of the line of fire.

Making a turret from each material would require a seperate reaction and creature for each. Too much work, for no change in effeciency. Not like golems, who literally wear their materials as weapon and armor. I honestly dont know how to make bullet/slade turrets better, because I can only alter the rate of fire and range. Thats pretty much it.

Web turrets seem to work as intended. Good.

Acid turrets were changed heavily.  They cause this on the target:
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:250:PROB:50:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:250:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:250:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:150:PROB:10:START:1:PEAK:1000:END:3000]

Warpstone turrets should kill. They cause this on the target:
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:2200:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:2000:END:3000] [CE_PAIN:SEV:2200:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:START:1:PEAK:2000:END:3000]
Fire turrets: Cant mod firebreath, its entirely hardcoded. Cant affect the temperature, range, anything...

Hellfireturrets: Cant mod dragonfirebreath, is entirely hardcoded.

Slade Metal: This doesnt even exist (for 5 versions now) If you somehow managed to make slade bars, which is impossible, please let me know.

4: Maces, Hammers and such. Wrex and Smake balanced a ton of them. Apparently not the mace, but blunt weapons should be a lot better. (also for 5 versions now)

5. What Guide? Have you had a look at the current manual? They have a 25 times higher ammo velocity and force. And bullet-ammo has 2,5 deeper cutting values.

6. Flashing grass in evil biomes: Wanted to post "doesnt exist anymore since 5 versions", which is true for Phoebus, but apparently it still does in Ironhand/Ascii. Will be removed as well.

A NOTE: Turrets are ridiculously cheap atm, because I have no alchemy/chemistry system. The old one was scrapped, so all "mercury, acid, warpstone, magnesium" and so forth is gone, and most turrets are essentially for free atm.

Now that I wrote all this: I hate to say it, but besides balancing the mace and removing a line of Alt-tile grass, your post was mostly addressing things that are outdated and have changed. Now dont take me wrong, I still love big feedback posts and balancing reports about testforts, but they are only helpful if they are about the current mod version.

it's 2:30 am, so gonna be brief and note I didn't read most of the post yet. :P

But it seems I was falsely assuming something, that basically I heard you 'abandoned' (gave up? Same concept) 2.0 and were just going to continue improving the 1.0 line. this to me, meant you were going to keep systems and such how they were, but simply go along and revamp them. I saw talks of new alchemy, but I assumed the old one was still in, thinking there was no reason to toss it aside, but it seems I was wrong!

I've not had a chance to properly play, as I've spent my entire day aimlessly trying to figure out how to edit bloody weather, to no avail. Either I'm blind, or finding mod resources for this little thing is non-existent... :/

Also, as a brief reply - on your #6 response, you're incorrect, unless I'm hallucinating, as I see the 'flashing grass' on v.2f, seen it multiple times now, and that's on phoebus. I'll even get you a world/embark with it (when I see one again) if you wish to see proof (and yes, the worlds are made in .2f). I'll do what I can to help pin that down tomorrow, as well as properly respond.

Sorry for wasting your time as it feels, I made to many assumptions in how dramatic you altered the mod since i played in 1.9.5. Now, if I could get a good bloody embark that doesn't suddenly begin to thrall stuff on the map with no clouds, and the rain was non-thralling for two seasons... *grumble mutter* :P
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 749