Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796696 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9765 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:20 am »

Small bug but stable warpstone gets stockpiled at all stone stockpiles.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: March 09, 2013, 10:15:47 am »

How did you manage to take stable warpstones ? For me, they all "explodes" ...

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: March 09, 2013, 10:49:20 am »

P.S.  @Nokao - send those crutch walking veterans to the Fountain of Youth you've made and send them for a swim. Gets those legs back in working condition.

Oh god, thanks !
I still have to understand well all the structures, now I'm trying to understand the training-by-reading-the-books-system. Having !FUN! for Dummies.

But when I send in people (temple, fountain, etc) a random dwarf goes in ? or injured ones ? my soldiers won't get in !

Profile Manager - Restrict it to the dwarfs you need to heal, remove them from military or set their squad to inactive.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: March 09, 2013, 10:51:24 am »

How did you manage to take stable warpstones ? For me, they all "explodes" ...
Just mined it out, there's weak, unstable and stable warpstone types. There will be a 1/4 chance of getting a boulder from stable, I don't think you can get the other types at all.

Other small bug, shadowleaf bushes are cookable in the kitchen which I guess they should not be.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: March 09, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »

@Noako: You dont understand how building tiles work. ;) The grates in the colosseum are not grates, but pictures of grates. Same goes for any building every. Its another setting of the blocks are solid or not, which is the bright green X (not solid) and dark green X )solid) when building a new workshop.

I know !!! I was asking/suggesting if it's possible in future version to make a hole there, actually I had to do this to flow out liquids:

level 0
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
level 1 (this level is not finished, I would like to find a way to make monsters FALL down, and I still have to close walls+ceiling, and I would like to make it all glass.)
level -1

Because I want to flow everything with water for emergencies.
Of course water is not that dangerous for that kind of monsters, but this is also a way to clean poisons and blood.

Now I just need blood of Amrok for magma, it's to expensive and FPS-enemy to make a pump stack of 100 levels.

p.s. lucky me that doors and hatches are undestroyable artifacts

P.S.  @Nokao - send those crutch walking veterans to the Fountain of Youth you've made and send them for a swim. Gets those legs back in working condition.

Oh god, thanks !
I still have to understand well all the structures, now I'm trying to understand the training-by-reading-the-books-system. Having !FUN! for Dummies.

But when I send in people (temple, fountain, etc) a random dwarf goes in ? or injured ones ? my soldiers won't get in !

P.P.S. I BECAME MOUNTAINHOME !! that's my first time :D

You could just leave an empty row next to the colosseum, and build your own floor grate there.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01:16 pm »

@Noako: You dont understand how building tiles work. ;) The grates in the colosseum are not grates, but pictures of grates. Same goes for any building every. Its another setting of the blocks are solid or not, which is the bright green X (not solid) and dark green X )solid) when building a new workshop.

I know !!! I was asking/suggesting if it's possible in future version to make a hole there, actually I had to do this to flow out liquids:

Nope.

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: March 09, 2013, 02:52:39 pm »

Couple of quick questions:

I built 2 Magma Arc Furnaces.  I have one set to Grind Mithril to Powder, and the other set to Smelt Mithril Bars.  I just noticed that I keep getting "Cannon Produce Mithril Bar" in my announcements though.  I checked stocks and I have 83 Raw Mithril Powder.  Any idea why the smelting isn't working?

In a similar question, how do I stockpile Mithril Powder?  Right now it's getting stockpiled in my General Goods stockpile, but I'd like for it to get put into my Intermediary Smelting Goods pile (where I have things like Coke/Slag), but I'm not exactly sure which option in the stockpile settings is for the powder.

And lastly, can someone run down exactly how the (foreign) tag works in the military uniforms?  What materials are actually considered foreign?  If a metal material if foreign, and I have my uniform set to just Metal Armor, will my dwarves equip it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: March 09, 2013, 02:54:48 pm »

Materials aren't foreign, items are. Items that are foreign are not allowed in the entity file of the civilization; you cannot produce them.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: March 09, 2013, 03:06:06 pm »

Couple of quick questions:

I built 2 Magma Arc Furnaces.  I have one set to Grind Mithril to Powder, and the other set to Smelt Mithril Bars.  I just noticed that I keep getting "Cannon Produce Mithril Bar" in my announcements though.  I checked stocks and I have 83 Raw Mithril Powder.  Any idea why the smelting isn't working?

In a similar question, how do I stockpile Mithril Powder?  Right now it's getting stockpiled in my General Goods stockpile, but I'd like for it to get put into my Intermediary Smelting Goods pile (where I have things like Coke/Slag), but I'm not exactly sure which option in the stockpile settings is for the powder.
I usually just set them to make a powder on repeat, then smelt it on repeat in the same workshop. Storing powder in bags is a bit tricky, if you have a furniture stockpile that accepts bags then they will get taken there. They don't seem to care if the bag already has something in it. So I think the only real way to do it is to make a stockpile that only accepts bags and boxes (turn off metal, stone, glass and wood materials so you don't store chests/coffers/boxes there as well). But if you have more than one stockpile doing that it's a problem. Not sure why you are being told you can't produce mithril bars, possibly you have your metalworkers burrowed while the powder is taken outside the burrow by haulers?

Not sure if this is an issue or intentional, but dwarves of the legion start with skill in axes, hammers, sword, spears but not maces. According to the manual they should start at 5 skill in all weapons. Not a big deal but I like using maces as they have great combat reports in MW.  ;)

Brewing pig tails in the brewery still produces 'Drinks'
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:39:18 pm by Torgan »

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: March 09, 2013, 03:15:31 pm »

Not sure why you are being told you can't produce mithril bars, possibly you have your metalworkers burrowed while the powder is taken outside the burrow by haulers?
I don't have any burrows set up at all, so that's not the problem.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: March 09, 2013, 04:12:32 pm »

Materials aren't foreign, items are. Items that are foreign are not allowed in the entity file of the civilization; you cannot produce them.
I'm thinking you were referring to my post.

Trousers / Greaves are items, correct.  Identifying them in the entity_default.txt file for dwarfs removes the (foreign) suffix and allows the dwarfs to produce them.

This can be observed by the commenting out of lutes and violins, making them no longer able to be produced by dwarfs.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Ambrose Burnside

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: March 09, 2013, 04:40:55 pm »

My dynamite projectiles don't seem to be working. In the changelog it says there's a 'chance' of there being an explosion, but I've got nothing yet from several skirmishes in my fort, and in the arena there wasn't a single explosion for hundreds of exchanged dynamite bolts/javelins.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: March 09, 2013, 05:01:29 pm »

Well, the arena has the issue of not having the spatter, which I think is what the dynamite relies on (though correct me if I'm wrong).

Ambrose Burnside

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:54 pm »

Yeah I thought there was a problem along those lines but I wasn't sure. Guess I'll build some pillboxes along the approach to the gates so my marksmen'll get plenty of practice and I can make sure I've just gotten a lot of duds thus far.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: March 09, 2013, 06:21:16 pm »

Oh god, thanks !

Profile Manager - Restrict it to the dwarfs you need to heal, remove them from military or set their squad to inactive.

Well I just discovered that you can just MOVE your army INTO the fountain, alltoghether they'll heal !
My record of Crutch Walker legendary RAW level is: 126

IMHO it's overpowered, this funtain should cost something.
And definitely, all Amrok prayers should cost blood, as the motto of this game.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 749