Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105830 times)

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2016, 08:44:47 pm »

I'd really like an improvement to Warband's murder conga lines, because it's iritating that you and all your buddies will slash your swords through each other to reach me, as well as the mysterious shield dance called "hit it, raise your shield, hit it, raise your shield" until one of you is dead. I don't care about realism, but that jank is the opposite of fun.
Oh man, the conga lines. I've been trying to get back into Warband recently, and that "tactic" is just plain ridiculous.

I'unno, there's the new engine and a fair bit happening under the hood with simulation and such, which is mostly what Warband was lacking.

Face models are ??? but they weren't good in the first place anyway
Agreed. I don't mind the faces, to be honest; they've come quite a long way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2016, 08:46:09 pm »

The face models aren't good??  They look perfectly fine to me.

Far and away from the faces in Mountain Blaide 1, and not weird lumpy potatoes like in, say, vanilla Skyrim.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2016, 08:50:53 pm »

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with the look of characters in Bannerlord, from what I've seen.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2016, 10:14:08 pm »

Yeah, considering what it used to be. This is miles better. And there's actual physics.

M&B never really was about the graphics too. Or the uh... "voice acting" for that matter. Not saying that excuses it, but I think almost anyone who's a fan of the series really just cares about the gameplay.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:43 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2016, 10:41:09 pm »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2016, 02:21:58 am »

I WILL DRINK FRAM YOUR SKALL

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2016, 04:31:04 am »

IT'S ALMOST HAHVESTING SEASON
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2016, 06:17:43 am »

Face models are ??? but they weren't good in the first place anyway

Warband and < faces are what I might expect a newborn's to look like at the moment of womb escape.  :o
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2016, 06:19:00 am »

Can't wait for this, going to be epic.

Also, the face is fantastic no need for better considering the scale of battles, in fact it might be too good already. I know a dude with a face like that, its real. Good enough for stabbing, anyway.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:24:21 am by Mookzen »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2016, 06:56:59 am »

Please tell me this is an impressive mod or a fan-made game. I'd expect a lot more, considering their opportune profits and available budget. Those faces are scary and it looks like a lot of recycled content.
Most of the improvements are on the strategic scale, not the tactical one.

For example, lords don't magically poof units into being anymore, they actually have to use their lands to make money to pay for recruitment and training, so it will now be possible to deplete a lord to nothingness if you harass them enough.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2016, 07:54:08 am »

I'm not sure what would be wrong about that face (in the side by side comparison up there). Looks like a face to me.
Love, scriver~

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2016, 09:24:23 am »

Have they said anything about how large battles reinforcement will be handled? I feel it's one of the weak points of warband where you can gain a huge advantage by baiting the enemy to your line so they get slaughtered by your reinforcement while theirs have to trek across the map.

What would be awesome is a real battle setup where you have to separate a large force into center and flanks and you only get to control one part of that battle. If one of your flank armies crumble for example, then you get the enemy reinforcement from that side of the map.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2016, 10:06:13 am »

Oh yes, the battle size limit was always bugging me and the game was better when I threw in a mod that set it to 2000 ; )

In Warbands, most if not all armys simply go from 1-30 or 80-120 with very very rare outliers of any kind... I want to see more united armys like:

"Enemy Army [115]"  (Bandit Lord [60] + Slaves [20] + Mercs [15] + Supporters from KingdomX [20])

Pre-Battle options:

Attempt to bribe Mercs to not fight[Small sum]
Buy Mercs [ Expensive ]
Diplomat @ KingdomX
Pay Bandit Lord

etc.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2016, 10:22:08 am »

I have often thought that larger armies would be a nice addition. Though, I kept coming back to the title of the game "Mount and Blade: Warband". A warband isn't really a large army.

Though, also, the way Mount and Blade does armies is to emulate the feudal "each lord brings their small force together into a main army under one banner" style of force mustering. The problem then was that battles didn't allow more than around 100 units on the field at a time and reinforcements pop in from the edge or spawn points.

I think I mentioned earlier but if they include larger armies I would want better controls to give orders to units as well as things like units maintaining formation and facing and battle maps with more gradual slopes.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 62