Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 62

Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 105849 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2016, 10:26:27 am »

The thing with the older games was processing power wasn't as good as it now as it was back then, plus I'me pretty sure the game wasn't multi-thread capable. Assuming Bannerlord is capable of that then I wouldn't mind seeing larger battles.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2016, 01:02:11 pm »

I'd be perfectly happy if they just capped the battle size slider at something larger, say 500. After that, any reasonable computer is probably going to cry.

edit: another feature they could implement to beef up spears a bit is bracing spears from the Floris mod for Warband (I think, I'm not entirely sure). It was a neat feature that really made spear infantry invaluable against cavalry.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:05:59 pm by Krevsin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2016, 07:53:24 pm »

I'd rather they uncapped battle size and just let the player decide what they want.

Bigger armies would be pretty cool, but we'd need some better commands and so on.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2016, 08:14:38 pm »

M&B was kind archaic about how it dealt and used computer resources. Ever seen a napoleon wars battle with everything cranked up? It took a top level gaming pc to run it at the time of its release just because of how hilariously everything was handled. Also the windy grass, so much windy grass.

If they got their shit together on bannerlord, then we can prob expect larger battle maps and armies. Honestly the battle maps in m&b were kinda tiny for anything bigger then 100 unit battles.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2016, 11:27:38 pm »

Old M&B was so very much limited by its engine.  90% of what Bannerlord needs is to address those limitations, and introduce more mod friendliness.  Anything more is gravy to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2016, 12:57:23 am »

Apparently Bannerlord is using a brand spanking new engine, so that seems like a step in the right direction.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2016, 01:24:36 am »

I have logged 120 hours in Mount and Blade, 550 hours in Warband, and 56 in Fire and Sword. They don't need to do much to convince me to give them more money. It looks promising so far and I really hope they don't fuck it up.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2016, 03:21:44 am »

M&B is fun single player, but I've played loads of WFAS and Napoleon in multiplayer sieges. Something about them just tickles me the right way. I hope Bannerlord has improved sieges with moving, conquerable spawn points and stuff.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2016, 01:57:52 pm »

I mean, battlefields could be quite large, I would be content with even just being confined to one flank at a time but being able to see the course of the battle on other flanks and or send reinforcements.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2016, 11:05:53 am »

Unfortunately not much to announce, but the game now has a store page on Steam for those of you who wish to purchase/wishlist/watch it on there.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2016, 11:47:35 am »

Unfortunately not much to announce, but the game now has a store page on Steam for those of you who wish to purchase/wishlist/watch it on there.
Aw rats. I could've reported that but I thought it had already been posted :D

HYPE GUYS

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:04 am »

Fingers crossed for a With Fire & Sword II: Firery Sword-Boogaloo somewhere down the line. Bannerlord looks really nice, but the setting and the era doesn't quite do it for me anymore. I've grown addicted to powder smoke.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2016, 12:01:50 pm »

Fingers crossed for a With Fire & Sword II: Firery Sword-Boogaloo somewhere down the line. Bannerlord looks really nice, but the setting and the era doesn't quite do it for me anymore. I've grown addicted to powder smoke.
I played that one and it was really cool just a linear storyline, which is okay considering the other mount and blade games for the most part don't follow a narrative

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2016, 04:05:00 pm »

Mods dude. Mods. There's probably going to be a grand gunpowder age mod within a month of release :D

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2016, 04:06:07 pm »

Napoleonic Wars is probably the best example of how to do a 'paid mod' I've seen. Definitely want another NW for Bannerlord.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 62