Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 183197 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2015, 06:37:32 pm »

Pretty much the only 4e character I played that I liked was a monk. My favorite part was when I leaped halfway accross the map and kicked the boss in the face with a daily crit. He went from full health to just barely bloodied in one hit. Monk OPAF.

Not in 3.5 :V

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2015, 07:45:20 pm »

which version of D&D though, because if you say 4th ed you are abad person and should feel bad. TTRPGs aren't MMOs.

Hell, I won't even play real MMORPGs.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2015, 08:19:38 pm »

I found 4e pretty fun. I tend to enjoy pathfinder of 3.5 though, and just joined a 5e game. Gonna see how that system works out, but looks promising.
Try 13th Age. It is to 4e what Pathfinder was to 3.5.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2015, 10:03:36 pm »

Posting here cause I'm not actually sure if it fits in Forum games and roleplaying, probably will make a thread there as well. 
I'm going to be gm'ing a game of pathfinder on sundays at 6pm Est, games will likely go for about 3-5 hours a week.  Going to be a pretty standard `Adventurers Co*`game mostly so that the players can get to know each other in a shortish campaign and see if we want to set something up for a longer game.

I`m planning on using mumble for voice OOC and roll20 for actual gameplay/IC stuff.  Don't need to have a mic yourself but I'll probably be talking over the ooc/gmy stuff.
Nom nom nom

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 18, 2015, 10:09:23 pm »

Internet tells me that 13th Age was based off of the d20 system.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2015, 10:10:57 pm »

Posting here cause I'm not actually sure if it fits in Forum games and roleplaying, probably will make a thread there as well. 
I'm going to be gm'ing a game of pathfinder on sundays at 6pm Est, games will likely go for about 3-5 hours a week.  Going to be a pretty standard `Adventurers Co*`game mostly so that the players can get to know each other in a shortish campaign and see if we want to set something up for a longer game.

I`m planning on using mumble for voice OOC and roll20 for actual gameplay/IC stuff.  Don't need to have a mic yourself but I'll probably be talking over the ooc/gmy stuff.

I'm interested. Can I gunslinger? :D

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 18, 2015, 10:12:54 pm »

Potentially, we'd need to agree as a group what sort of level of fantasy we'd want to do.  Aka, whether theres guns or whatnot, ect.  Would most likely be a level 3 game unless people want to do higher/a level 1 campaign.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 18, 2015, 10:43:23 pm »

Did end up making a thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147702.0 for those interested.
Nom nom nom

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 18, 2015, 11:33:07 pm »

Potentially, we'd need to agree as a group what sort of level of fantasy we'd want to do.  Aka, whether theres guns or whatnot, ect.  Would most likely be a level 3 game unless people want to do higher/a level 1 campaign.

How about a campaign whose theme is that there used to be technology in the ancient past, but now a sinister conspiracy suppresses it by altering the flow of magic to make conductive metals (such as copper, silver, and gold) difficult to conjure (and has been doing so for so long that nobody even realizes anymore that anything is out of the ordinary)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 18, 2015, 11:47:30 pm »

Isn't Dnd up to like, 6th ed now anyway?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 18, 2015, 11:52:06 pm »

5th edition only came out recently
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 19, 2015, 12:01:52 am »

How about a campaign whose theme is that there used to be technology in the ancient past, but now a sinister conspiracy suppresses it by altering the flow of magic to make conductive metals (such as copper, silver, and gold) difficult to conjure (and has been doing so for so long that nobody even realizes anymore that anything is out of the ordinary)
Considering baseline pathfinder includes aliens and robots, not too far off the mark.
Nom nom nom

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 19, 2015, 12:15:58 am »

Internet tells me that 13th Age was based off of the d20 system.

D20, but designed by the lead designers of both 4e and 3e.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 19, 2015, 01:14:35 am »

Probably. I think fifth edition just recently came out a couple of months ago, but with the accelerating rate that they're churning out new editions I wouldn't put it past them to have released a sixth edition already in order to sell more core rulebooks.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 19, 2015, 07:06:53 am »

I think I have a copy of the PDF, but right now I have too much that I'm going through plus exams to learn a new system. Already paging through Chuubo, Ryuutama and 5th ed.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 131