Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 183243 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #405 on: February 21, 2015, 05:44:14 pm »

True seeing, full stop. Unless you seriously need to screw with peoples' heads.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 21, 2015, 05:53:24 pm »

^

The only reason to get Telepathy is if you're in a campaign where you have to regularly and repeatedly communicate with people over long distances and don't have any means of rapid travel or communication other than the upgrade to the ball.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 21, 2015, 06:27:52 pm »

If they're space marines, you should have them betray the Emperor and join Chaos. Obviously, you will need to repaint them to reflect this. To simulate the shock of betrayal, you should do this without anybody's knowledge.
They're grey knights, actually.
So it becomes exponentially more delicious.
Hmm....
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:42 pm »

Anyone here remember what I believe is D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms?

Well, I just ran across this on Reddit. I'm sure someone can get some chuckles.

TL;DR from the comments: "Sure you might consider them horrible, but that just means you're racist."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2015, 09:46:31 pm »

No, that is definitely not Forgotten Realms. Kender is Dragonlande only, and thank the gods for that.
Love, scriver~

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2015, 09:51:11 pm »

Who thought that was a good idea? [insert witty comment about why the writers hired the heretic who came up with that]
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2015, 09:57:43 pm »

Iirc Dragonlance was some groups own DnD campaign to begin with, that they then wrote books about and it somehow ended up a published setting. I also think draconians/dragonborn were Dragonlance exclusive until 4th edition added them by force
Love, scriver~

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2015, 09:59:57 pm »

No, that is definitely not Forgotten Realms. Kender is Dragonlande only, and thank the gods for that.
It's actually Dragonlance (though I will contend that maybe it's named slightly differently where you're from). And I've never understood why anyone likes Dragonlance. All I've heard is that the books were apparently good or something.

I've never really understood the love for Forgotten Realms, though it seems tolerable to me. It just seems rather bland and generic.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2015, 10:23:53 pm »

It was just a typo. Hence why the two other times I mentioned it I spelled it Dragonlance.
Love, scriver~

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2015, 10:55:01 pm »

Oh, yeah, I see. I saw I was ninja'd and didn't really pay attention to what was said.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2015, 11:01:01 pm »

Iirc Dragonlance was some groups own DnD campaign to begin with, that they then wrote books about and it somehow ended up a published setting.

So was Greyhawk. And they were both from campaigns that high ups in TSR were playing so it makes sense that they wound up published.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:03:06 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2015, 11:06:34 pm »

It's actually Dragonlance (though I will contend that maybe it's named slightly differently where you're from). And I've never understood why anyone likes Dragonlance. All I've heard is that the books were apparently good or something.

I've never really understood the love for Forgotten Realms, though it seems tolerable to me. It just seems rather bland and generic.

Dragonlance is a pretty cool setting. The pantheon and the kender and the draconians and their takes on gnomes and on wizards seem interesting to me at any rate.

I agree about Forgotten Realms though, it seems generic and trite.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2015, 11:18:15 pm »

This is why I write all of my own settings. Even though they make me responsible for any boringness, there's nothing in them I think is stupid, and it's easier and more fun to write stories in a world you came up with.

Plus I was a whiz at ocean currents and wind directions and that kind of thing back in Earth Science, so my (hand-drawn) world maps are generally somewhat geographically accurate.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 22, 2015, 12:25:01 am »

I agree about Forgotten Realms though, it seems generic and trite.

Except for Netheril. But that's just part of the setting's backstory, not something extant in the time period the setting is officially set at. and thus is largely glossed over.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2015, 12:43:41 am »

Dragonlance has some interesting ideas in it. The magic being influenced by the moons, different types of dwarves and draconians.

I think my favourite book is "Flint the King" which focuses on the lowest dwarven society rung, the gully dwarves. It's a silly book with the gully dwarves being cheerful but nearly incapable of following any orders at all. The message of "bravery in the unlikeliest of places".

Dragonlance did strike me as being more light hearted than Forgotten Realms. Or maybe more "knights in shining armour".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 131