Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Knight (minimalist) - Turn 1  (Read 1198 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Knight (minimalist) - Turn 1
« on: January 20, 2024, 03:52:16 pm »

You are a Knight of the Round Table who has set out from Camelot to quest for the Holy Grail. But where the hell is it, anyway?

How do you seek the Grail?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:18:00 pm by Elephant Parade »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knight (minimalist)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 04:14:22 pm »

Clearly, God hath placed it where one would never look, and those who never look would not see.  And where its wonders would never be understood.

Clarce, Knight of the Round Table, goes to the most squalorous and poorest parts of the largest nearby city, there to do good for the unfortunates who somehow are surviving in desperation.  Clarce listens to their stories.  Some survive by luck, but perhaps the Grail's presence can be detected here, among miracles of survival against all odds.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 04:15:58 pm »

Through the Round. The Grail we seek is myth, so I shall sally forth with my knights and squires. We travel to conquer France in search of it, where it as first mentioned. Percival, Knight of the Round Table.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 10:14:26 pm »

If the Grail is indeed blessed by god, surley it would contain the drink that only god could enjoy from! I belive if I am to look for the grail, I will not find it on this mortal earth, but must go deeper, to reach the depths of what it contains! The grail must be containing the sea, so beneath the sea I must go!

Sir Huub of Riss, knight of the round table, begins inventing a marine vessel to subside the waters, a submarine if you will, to properly seek the grail

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 02:28:31 am »

Peasants prolly stole it. Filthy peasants.

Sir Bob rides forth to the nearest town and/or hamlet, teeming with filthy lessers, to interrogate as to the whereabouts of the holy grail.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 12:17:50 pm »

Clearly, God hath placed it where one would never look, and those who never look would not see.  And where its wonders would never be understood.

Clarce, Knight of the Round Table, goes to the most squalorous and poorest parts of the largest nearby city, there to do good for the unfortunates who somehow are surviving in desperation.  Clarce listens to their stories.  Some survive by luck, but perhaps the Grail's presence can be detected here, among miracles of survival against all odds.
(3) Clarce doesn't discover any clues to the Grail, but helping other people, distributing bread to lepers and picking old ladies off the dirt after they get run over by carriages, that's the REAL Grail. Probably.

Through the Round. The Grail we seek is myth, so I shall sally forth with my knights and squires. We travel to conquer France in search of it, where it as first mentioned. Percival, Knight of the Round Table.
(5) France's slothful gentry can hardly raise a dozen knights to oppose Percival; he conquers it within the week. The former King of France says one of his own knights reached the Grail a decade ago, but God moved it because "you guys found it too fast."

If the Grail is indeed blessed by god, surley it would contain the drink that only god could enjoy from! I belive if I am to look for the grail, I will not find it on this mortal earth, but must go deeper, to reach the depths of what it contains! The grail must be containing the sea, so beneath the sea I must go!

Sir Huub of Riss, knight of the round table, begins inventing a marine vessel to subside the waters, a submarine if you will, to properly seek the grail
(1) R.I.P. Sir Huub of Riss, beloved Knight-Inventor of the Table, who perished Monday in the course of his profession when his watertight vessel sprung a leak and the water pressure was too much for him to open the door and leave. He will be remembered, but his "sub-marine" will not be used.

Peasants prolly stole it. Filthy peasants.

Sir Bob rides forth to the nearest town and/or hamlet, teeming with filthy lessers, to interrogate as to the whereabouts of the holy grail.
(3) "Well," a warty beggar proposes, "it's not in England or one of you buggers would've found it by now."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knight (minimalist) - Turn 1
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 12:28:39 pm »

"TELL ME WHERE YOU'VE HIDDEN THE GRAIL, VILLAIN!"

Rough up the beggar!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 12:36:26 pm »

Clearly, verily the Grail is here, even beside the old lady in the street, beside the lepers as they eat their given bread, and somewhere close to every person helped.

God would have it no other way, so Clarce believes.

Continue to do good acts, be observant, and serve God's will with kindness and grace.  We earn the grail, or at least clues to it, and we simply haven't earned enough.  Clarce also invites those he helps to help him help others, all in service to God and the search for the Grail in the stories of these misfortunates!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 12:49:22 pm »

The Grail is a journey, a challenge of God to travel the world and bring faith to infidels. And so we will follow the rumors on the path God has laid out for us. We march for Spain, to bring faith through our blades!

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 05:51:26 pm »

The Recently knighted Squire of Huub, Inventor Knight Sir Arodee of Namic, has another idea. Perhaps, he thinks, that below would be infact be where the Devil is, and probably not the Grail, as god would be a bit touchy of him getting his things...so he presumes, gathering all the Gunpowder and lamp oil he could find in this century, that perhaps he must figure a way to go UP!

So naturally, he begins building the worlds first rocket. So that he may go to the heavens and borrow the grail from god. Hes sure he wouldent mind, I mean, the guy sent them on the quest afterall..!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 06:25:27 pm by Megam0nkey »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 01:34:37 am »

This knight has realized that the only place god would have hidden the grail would be somewhere only he could get such as under a mountain, and as such he will seek out the nearest mountain and tear it down to see if the grail is under it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 10:46:48 am »

The holy grail is made out of gold, right? And what deals in gathering all sorts of shiny and yellow things in big piles of assorted coins and artifacts? DRAGONS!!! Sir Gallan the Gallant goes on a quest to find the nearest lair housing such a creature.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 10:48:34 am by Neoexdeath »