Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 113571 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Unraveling
« Reply #390 on: January 16, 2014, 09:53:22 pm »

Extend

I'm watching you 4mask.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2014, 09:55:17 pm »

Extend

I'm watching you 4mask.

I'm pretty sure you are lynching me, actually.

All joking aside, I'm pretty sure after the cop claim everyone is watching me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 16, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »

As they should be, the only reason I unvoted you is because I wanted to see if I could catch a scum with your net.

Also, all you'd need to do is say "extend" and we'll have more time. I'd suggest you do so, if you like for all this to not be wasted.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:58 pm »

As they should be, the only reason I unvoted you is because I wanted to see if I could catch a scum with your net.

Also, all you'd need to do is say "extend" and we'll have more time. I'd suggest you do so, if you like for all this to not be wasted.
As it stands, there is only one technical vote for a shorten, per the rules.  But very well.

Extend and cancel the shorten.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 16, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »

I'm hoping for more time before you die, to see what happens.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 17, 2014, 01:44:14 am »

[Mwahaha! Brackets!]

• Superblackcat -
  • mastahcheese -
  • Sinlessmoon -
  • Imp - mastahcheese
  • Persus13 -
  • 4maskwolf - MyOwnWorstEnemy, Superblackcat, Nerjin, Persus13
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • Nerjin -
  • Not Voting:  4maskwolf, Sinlessmoon, Imp,

Day 2 has begun and will end at January 17, 2013 [Friday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 3
Shorten requests: 2

3 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day
There are two possible extension remaining today.

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

I'll do a rechecking of those extend/shorten accounts later on. :X I've only counted them as I see them and not related to who said what, yet.

I may ask for a rechecking if unable later on.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:48:41 pm by Tiruin »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 17, 2014, 07:03:08 am »

mastahcheese:
Imp, you seemed really freaking eager to jump on that. I'm glad. Everyone else is saying it's "fishy" and questioning it.
But not you.
You were sure the moment he said it that he must have been scum.
His move reeks of being the perfect target. And I see your attack on it as being the scummiest by far. Anyone would lynch a claim like that. Absolutely anyone. You wouldn't even need to make a case on it because everyone already knows. And the fact that you've labeled him as the most likely scum, without even pointing your own lynching finger to him, proves to me that you honestly felt so secure in this that you didn't even have to pull the trigger yourself.

Extend.

Your statements about my and others behavior appear incredibly incorrect to me.  Either you're misinterpreting, or for whatever reason you're being purposefully deceptive about what you claim you see.

4maskwolf's 'move' reeks of being one of several things, and I want to find out what I can about it and him.  It's the loudest of several loud things he's said here - it's so loud that everyone else posting since his post has talked about almost nothing but their opinion of his claim - even ignoring questions that had been directed at them, at least for now.  Enough to leap at shortens, a chance to escape further conversation, in their haste to slay 4mask's screaming stress.

I didn't create that stress, he walked in here with it.  There's two reasons why I didn't vote him - one is that I am not sure what he is, then or now - Cop, Scum, or even a vanilla Townie who made up being a Cop because he dreamed that was the answer to the problems he already saw in play.  The second reason - Some people need more pressure - and some people need less.  And different stimuli creates different types of stress - one thing that 4mask clearly did not need was more voting pressure.

I'd already seen what 4mask does when voted for - he falls apart.  But that doesn't tell me, or anyone, if he is falling apart Scum or Town.

If I wanted him -dead-, regardless of what he was, I would not have worked so hard to communicate with him.  People are never perfect, but some people you can ring like a bell and sound their depths; from how they respond you can tell much about them, including often what you are trying to find out.  If you are screaming because you see an obstacle course of tests which he cannot hope to pass - you mistake the definition of 'passing'.  I want his measure, I want to understand his mind, and I want to try and gauge his role.  He doesn't pass this test by 'beating the test' - he passes it by allowing me to see him from so many angles that I can judge him to be Town or not.

That's the purpose of the questions, that's the purpose of my entire interaction with him, and others.

You're an interesting case.  Your post is quite Scummy in how extremely it misinterprets and misrepresents my and others actions and words - you seek no information, other than a reaction to a 'god-awful' kick, whatever that reaction is.  You're shutting down communication, not inviting it.  Those are very Scummy traits.

But we have a Cop claim stating that you are Town - if he's telling the truth you're Town, if he's a Scum you're Town (since his partner is already dead and not you), and Occam's Razor essentially rules out the chance that he's not-Cop but is-Town and lying because he thinks this is his only chance to possibly live - and that's the only path possible that doesn't prove you are Town.

So whyever you are acting Scummy, it's probably not because you are Scum.

I am the only person I see questioning him about his claims.  If you think I'm standing out because I am Scum - you're a fool.  I am me, and I am verbose, I am thorough, and I try very hard to understand.  I'm disgusted at things I see going on -

4mask

Bye.

There's no attempt to gain any information in most of it.

Shorten

There's attempts, intended or not, to actually prevent the further gain of any information this day.

That's rediculous.  Our living IC is even participating in it.  This entire game is about communication and understanding each others' intentions.  Or not - throw away the chance to understand, gain information, and make reasoned choices about who to lynch.

The people calling the claim fishy, with or without voting him - that's not questioning like you called it, mastahcheese.  That's condemnation.  I didn't vote for him because I wanted more information, his choice of that range to react to - when I want someone dead I vote and I usually explain why.

What I did was interrogation - attacking does not invite or encourage interaction, it is a strike to cause pain, limitation, or destruction.  Would you say you are attacking me?  What benefit does that attack have for you?

I honestly feel secure that I am doing the right thing in talking to everyone I can, questioning people about what they and others have said - that includes 4maskwolf and everyone else I am speaking to.  Your interpretation of my intentions as presented in your post is grossly inaccurate.

Persus13, Nerjin: please explain your use of shorten in this situation.  Why was getting 4maskwolf lynched as quickly as possible and ending all further chances for information to be gained this day, from anyone more important than ending this day asap to you?

Nerjin, you have a few questions waiting for your attention.  Some are from me, but there's more than just those.  Do you think you'll be answering them anytime soon?

4maskwolf:  Hey guy.  These words are to you from me, as a person.  Nothing to do with the game, though you can use them however you please.  You are a desirable person (I'm referencing your comment about being an undesirable person - I disagree).  You are welcome here, I personally am glad you're here, and though I'm aware you're very possibly hating every moment of this game, and I'm keenly aware of your expressed frustration and dissatisfaction - I still hope that there are at least some moments of this that are enjoyable, or maybe will be in memory.  It's supposed to be a game, after all.  Myself, I'm still searching for the 'fun' in playing Mafia - I'm not sure it has any for me.  I play to practice certain skills, especially reading intention - stuff that might save my life someday.

But you are welcome here.  The votes on your character before you entered the game had nothing to do with you.  The pressure you feel 'against you', that's largely the current of the game and has absolutely nothing to do with -you-. It's situational, not personal.  I really hope you keep playing Mafia - and I want to make sure that you are aware that you don't have to finish this game, especially if it is upsetting you greatly - like, more than game-level of upset.  You can ask to be replaced, and a replacement will happen as fast as is possible to get one for you.  Granted, that might not be instant.  If you want that, just talk to Tiruin.  It'll happen.  And you'll still be completely welcome in the next BM game.  Replacing in really is very different from starting from scratch, I'm getting to learn that now too.

But I really want you to know I like you plenty, and I'm glad you're here.  Going back into the game mode now.

Imp, Mastahcheese is saying the thought I have been trying to formulate for a while now.  The moment I posted the first claim, you immediately started scumhunting me, without outright lynch voting.  The fact that I have made a total ass of myself notwithstanding, you were the only one to outright go on the offensive after that.

However, I am not willing to go as far as Mastahcheese.  If you were sure I was scum, I didn't notice it.  however, you spent a good deal of time parsing words in my posts, and flipped you opinion on my post of "my apologies for not posting a greeting".  One post you said that I had done a greeting, why did I say that, and the next post you put the same quote up again and say that it was more accurate than a post that clarified what I meant, in line with your previous post's question.

Yep, you'd said you were trying to Scumhunt me... at least that's what I interpret your words to mean.  And that you were not sure how.

And actually, I've been trying to build a case against imp, I just don't know what questions to ask.

Building cases, at least to me, that's different, that comes -after- the Scumhunting.  The case is what you lynch someone with, or at least you really try to convince others that your pick is the right pick to vote to lynch.

The most common advice of 'how' to Scumhunt involves asking questions that cannot be answered with one or two words.  Ask people 'why' questions, what they meant when they said something, what they believe others meant when things were said.  Ask questions you think you know the answers to as well as questions that you don't - and pay attention, both to the answers and your instincts, and anything else that gets your attention.

I expect you to Scumhunt anyone you choose and everyone you find suspicious - I expect that's more or less everyone you haven't yourself investigated or otherwise ruled out as being 'probably not Scum'. 

I too am Scumhunting, which is what the game is about.  I'm not just looking at you, and I didn't start Scumhunting you when you made your claim - but that claim sure gave me a solid focus to ask a lot of questions about, and that's something I don't have with  many of the other players yet.  This doesn't mean you are Scum or rule you out as Scum - but it does mean I can more easily focus on you now than, say, Sinless or Nerjin.  Nerjin's slowly giving me more to ask him about too, especially in regards to his interactions with you this last day.

The objections and concerns I expressed about your motives and actions are genuine questions; some of them you've answered directly, others indirectly, others not yet.  For the moment I'm done with putting pressure on you; recover your balance and do whatever it is you want to do (long as it doesn't harm anyone, including yourself!).  I'll be revisiting some questions in a few days.  I expect we're getting an extension, which will cover the weekend 'for free' and will extend into the early part of next week.

I wouldn't say you made an ass out of yourself - I am still trying to understand the whole of your play from your viewpoint (that's how I try to tell Town from Scum - I try to see as you see and thus see why you see the game and your goals the way you do).

As for me going 'outright on the offensive' - that's what I do.  If someone is here to play, I play with them.  If they're not - for example if someone were to essentially 'fence' with me with great distance and uninvolvement, then I have to make my decisions about that person without much help from them (as would we all).

About parsing words - what do we have except written words and their meanings?  I can't see you, hear your voice - your words are all I have, and to me they form a texture, a canvas, a world upon which I can walk and which provide sights to see.  The sight I am looking for is consistent 'feel' of your intention, so I can determine your alignment.  If I can't get that, then I guess it the best I can from what I do get.  My Scumhunting of you isn't going to do a thing to determine my alignment to you - you have to do that work for yourself, and I expect you to, when you're ready and however you choose.  It's normal and appropriate play, and how someone Scumhunts can be one of several large clues about their motives and attention.

As to my comments about your 'greeting' - After your role claim I understood that you had walked into the game with a subtle role claim - in fact you had laced one form of role claim or inspection result or another into just about every post you'd made before your claim.  That's why I reinterpreted your comment about not making a greeting - oh right, it wasn't a greeting, it was a subtle role claim.  That's what you considered it to be, that's why you didn't consider it to be a greeting.  Or am I misunderstanding how you thought?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 17, 2014, 09:47:42 am »

[modified out due to day end passing]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:30:51 am by 4maskwolf »

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 17, 2014, 11:57:09 am »

MOWE
You are the one with the oldest and most legitimate claim against me. How do you feel about the fact that three have joined you? Would you call it bandwagoning or a legitimate claim?

I don't think I'm the person with the oldest claim against you personally... am I? I'm not sure if you mean you or Pufferfish. My issue was with Pufferfish and I left the vote on you for pressure. Before you claimed, I was actually debating whether or not to take the vote off. But with other's reactions to your claim as well and other evidence, I think I'll unvote now.

I think everyone should just take a chill pill. Let's all stop bandwagoning just because we don't like how wolf is reacting to things. I know I'd be pretty damn pissed if I had to replace into his situation. As of now, I don't think you're scum.

If this doesn't prove how I feel about this, I don't like it. This has been a tangle of immature behavior.

Persus:
You really seemed to jump on that shorten and you seemed very eager to go after wolf. The only case you had against him is that he agreed with SBC's case on me. Why do you seem to be so eager for an easy lynch? Almost everyone else has at least acted like they regretted it or have backed out by now. What's your reason for staying on wolf's case?

Nerjin:
You were also somewhat eager to lynch him just because you thought he wanted it? You argued against his choice and then in a bout of rage, voted to shorten. Aren't you supposed to encourage us to NOT do things like that?

SBC:
You seem pretty bent on getting rid of wolf. If you hadn't fought with makeinu for most of D1, I'd think you were scum. But why are you so convinced that we're still going to lynch wolf?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 17, 2014, 12:15:49 pm »

Guys, Day end was 4 hours ago. Tiruin probably hasn't posted yet because of net issues.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:33:01 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »

Guys, Day end was 4 hours ago. Tiruin probably hasn't posted yet because of net issues. I'll answer your questions tomorrow MOWE.

Oh... :-[ Well I guess that makes some of my questions in my last post useless. I should really learn how to tell time...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2014, 06:39:29 pm »

super black cat
One minute you were trying to get Nerjin to "stop he wifom", but you turned around and called for a lynch on me without any given explanation. Why?
When telling me I was still under suspicion, you used almost the exact same words that I did in my introductory post. Why? Are you trying to soft claim cop? Because a hard claim would be an immediate win.

Uh, That was to you. You were wifom-ing by voting yourself.

I'm not cop. I know a hard claim would be immediate win.

Unvote

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2014, 06:40:11 pm »

Guys, Day end was 4 hours ago. Tiruin probably hasn't posted yet because of net issues.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:33:12 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2014, 06:40:26 pm »

[modified out due to persus being right]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:31:24 am by 4maskwolf »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher