Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51

Author Topic: Arena Deus! (The End: Closure)  (Read 51313 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Pregame)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »

Wait, is Punchy acceptable then?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 08:59:23 pm »

Hey TCM. A vet returns. I also have no imagination tonight XD

Name: 'Oneshot'
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Hunting Rifle
Ability: Master of 2: +2 to musket/Hunting Rifle use. Good for nothing else: -1 to all other equipment except unarmed. Patient Hunter: Always goes last.
Appearance: Wears so many rags and ripped cloth that he's positively overdressed. Scarves hide his face and wears goggles. Very messy hair. Standard build.
Brief Biography: Calm and collected Oneshot. A mercenary by trade, times got a little tough and now, he's in this competition, assured in his own abilities. A veteran of arenas (and dying but coming back by the by), improving his skills and gaining money is the name of the game for him.
Hit Points: 20/20
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:20:13 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »

My amazingly brilliant story developed after learning the finer points of writing during thousands upon thousands of hours studying in the American Educational System:
Do you mean "Despite"?
Hey, my curreNt learning under the AmericaN edicatonal system is the best! I know George Washington destroyed the Spanish at the battel of Gettysburg in the War of 1812!
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »

My amazingly brilliant story developed after learning the finer points of writing during thousands upon thousands of hours studying in the American Educational System:
Do you mean "Despite"?
Hey, my curreNt learning under the AmericaN edicatonal system is the best! I know George Washington destroyed the Spanish at the battel of Gettysburg in the War of 1812!
And don't forget Abraham Lincoln tried to free the Indians from the Aliens in the French and Indian War!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 09:14:26 pm »

Wait, is Punchy acceptable then?

Tone him down to +1. And he only can come in with one shield. Besides that i'd take him.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 09:19:21 pm »

Yay, my dual-wield was acceptable!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »

Yay, my dual-wield was acceptable!

Because his ability was explicitly about dual-wielding, so I let it slide.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 09:38:31 pm »

Do you mean "Despite"?
Ah, yes. American self-deprecation. So funny if you ignore how true it often is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:21 pm »

What, no credit for mine?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 11:50:15 pm »

I'm in. With my old character.

Name: Ed Mundy Jr.
Race: Human
Starting Weapon: Bow and Arrows
Ability: 'Thanks for standing still, Wanka'!', Be Polite
Appearance: Being Stereotypically Australian, Ed wears slim jeans, a vest, and 'Cowboy-ish' boots. He has a typically Australian hat that I don't know what to call, and wears a single glove to help his grip on his weapon. He dons a Blue Shirt underneath the vest to signify his Team Alignment.
Brief Biography: Having heard of his father's death in the first arena fight, and narrowly escaping a puma-y death in his, he came to this fight to avenge his father's death, that being to sole thing fuelling his fighting power.
Hit Points: 20/20

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Deus! (Game I - Round 0: Introduction)
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 03:29:38 pm »

Round 0: Introduction

The nine contestants step through their respective doors, and after getting used to the glare of the sun in the open arena, find that they are fighting in a circular dome much like the Roman gladiators. It gets even more Roman when they realize that besides themselves, there is nothing on the battlefield except typical sand. Around them are thousands of cheering spectators. The doors behind each of them lock tightly.

The omnipotent voice of the announcer rings out: "GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO THE THIRTY-FOURTH ANNUAL ARENA GAMES!" The crowd cheers. "WHAT A LOVELY BUNCH OF CONTESTANTS WILLING TO RISK THEIR LIVES FOR A MONETARY FUND, TRUE CAPITALISTS! LET'S SEE HOW MUCH THEY WANT THOSE BILLS, BEGIN!"

A gong sounds the beginning of the games off.

Spoiler: Scoreboard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Participant Statuses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:38:14 pm by TCM »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 03:36:48 pm »

Move toward Jaskim and punch him in the throat.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 03:38:22 pm »

Shoot !ku im La!ee and play keep away with anybody who comes near me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 03:41:03 pm by Chink »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 03:41:05 pm »

Oh, I forgot to ask you guys something very important.

Do you want this game to have "Standard" damage or "Dynamic" damage?

Standard
: Dice rolls are subtracted to calculate damage. Ex., 5 vs. 3 = 2 Damage, 4 vs. 3 = 1 Damage.

Dynamic: Each higher number is exponentially higher than the lower ones. Ex., 3 vs. 1 = 4 Damage, 5 Vs. 2 = 7 Damage. This mode is also very subjective based on your weapons, position, and other variables.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51