Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956818 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing (Now accepting characters)
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »

"Holy-" Seeing the sudden change on the person startled Kin that he took a step back. "A-are you alright?" Of course not, stupid. He has a fracken golden arm. "Sorry, of course not. I'm not really good at interacting with people so I really have no idea how to behave in a situation like this." But then again, spontaneously having an arm change from flesh to gold isn't that common. "Also, I really had no intention killing anybody today." Today? "I was just trying to get to the middle of the upper platform you can see from below. Seems like the best place to defend. Maybe you want come with me?"

No matter the choice of the person Kin will continue up to the next level and walk over the rope bridge to the middle while keeping "Roth Kelio" in mind, ready to point and shout if someone aim for me.

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2012, 07:38:55 pm »

John follows Kin, examining his arm and cradling it to his chest.

"Didn't you feel it, though? That... If we do kill someone... We get supreme ultimate power?" John shakes his head. "I mean, that's what I felt..."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2012, 08:03:04 pm »

"Nooo..." Kin thought about the moment he had said his first magical words. Euphoria, rush of adrenaline, excitement, carving for more words, thirst to know the meaning of each word, the secret of the book, the endless possible applications, SUPREME ULTIMATE POWER! Tiredness. But nothing about killing."Nope."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Goldenarm
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »

Hi, I would like to join. My character name is Sakura.

This is my appearance:

I could also be a more serious character if you'd like. Susan, 13 years old, brown hair and blue eyes.

My stats:
Strength: 0
Endurance: 0
Dexterity: 0
Potency: 3
Will:2
Chanelling:3
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:58:19 pm by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »

You. I knew I remembered you.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2012, 11:54:07 pm »

Shout "Rothon!" at Serus as I stumble (ideally walk normally) towards Possibly.

((If you try to heal me, I'll team up with you for as long as my character lives. I feel secure in saying that, because no one has found a healing spell yet.  :P))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 01:47:39 am »

Serus cackled maniacally, turning to face the guy attacking him from behind with a sadistic grin. That's how he wanted to play, eh?

Butcher Ferin? The guy who tried to spell me from behind. Shout the word at him while I do so, just thinking about normal butchery stuff and not pointing anywhere in particular.
"Oh, that's not good at all. Hold in there for a minute big guy, if you can take care of that sneak-thief, I think I can fix you up!"
Sprint away from the combat as fast as I can and pick up some of the cloth that's lying around. If the area around Doodles is safe after I pick it up, run back and attempt to bandage him. If not, then stay away and yell a GWP while pointing my palms at Serus.
[Serus dex:4+1]
[Serus str:6-1]
[Ferin dex:3]
[serus pot:2+1]
Ferin turns tail but Serus is faster, tearing his blade free of Doodles and bringing it down on Ferin's back while yelling a word. The air shimmers harmlessly; the blade is much less harmless.
[Ferin end:4+1]
The blade cuts deep into Ferin's shoulder, cleaving deeply into the joint as Ferin continues to run.
[Ferin end:2+1]
Ferin clutches his shoulder, blood pouring between his fingers and down his dead arm as he runs, barely staying on his feet through the pain. Bleeding and gritting his teeth, Ferin makes for the fabric; thoughts of bandaging Doodles replaced with aspirations of self preservation.

"Ooh, something that works! Oh ye-es!"

Sneak up to the guy that tried that electricity stuff and yell "GARSTORPIT" once more. Try to stand so that I catch all three of the people in the area of effect.[/color]

I hope what happens next is interesting!
You charge towards Ferin as he tries to escape and shout your word as you close in on him.
[pot:6+1]
[ferin end:4+1]
Ferin vanishes as the air around him darkens to green and is torn through with jerking black tendrils.  Ferin stumbles out of the fog, trailing wisps of fading green behind him. His blood turns black as he struggles forward, coughing tar black blood and bleeding from the eyes.  He keeps going till he trips over the scraps of fabric on the ground and falls, blindly, to the ground.

"AAAAAAAAAGH!" John stumbles back, clutching his arm. Oh god oh god oh god my arm my arm! He flinches back, bumping into Kin, and swings around. The pain is less noticeable now, but still awful. "Gah! Don't kill me!"

John secretly prepares to shout a WORD if the person attacks him. If there's no attack, he'll look over his new golden arm, to see how exactly it changed.
The man seems to have no intention of stealing your soul, so you take a moment to examine your arm. You tap on it. It's solid gold, immovable and feels nothing, like the flesh has just turned to metal, hand frozen in lose fist.

"Are you f*cking kidding me? I try five words and two of them are cloth? Does the universe want a tailor that badly?"
((For the record, I did facepalm. How am I reading a book of magic and all I find are marbles and cloth? What are the bloody odds!))

Sit on my new chair o' cloth and look down on the action, this is wonderful! If those idiots kill themselves off... It'll make the deathmatch a little more favorable. But wait, if that one kills all three of them.... He'll boost his power high enough it will be a man hunt! Interrupt! Call down to the guy stealing my cloth: "You're welcome!" then mutter to self "Jack @$$." Say Generic and if it does summon anything with a decent density to surface area ratio, throw it at the moron trying to poison the whole pit. I ain't dying of neurotoxins just yet.

((If I find a third word that summons cloth, I will rename my character Arcane Loom.))
You stare down the carnage from your Cloth throne and shout out a new word.

[pot:1+1]
A steel cube the size of a croûton plinks to the ground in front of you. You pick it up, grimace and then huck it off the ledge down at the fray.

"Holy-" Seeing the sudden change on the person startled Kin that he took a step back. "A-are you alright?" Of course not, stupid. He has a fracken golden arm. "Sorry, of course not. I'm not really good at interacting with people so I really have no idea how to behave in a situation like this." But then again, spontaneously having an arm change from flesh to gold isn't that common. "Also, I really had no intention killing anybody today." Today? "I was just trying to get to the middle of the upper platform you can see from below. Seems like the best place to defend. Maybe you want come with me?"

No matter the choice of the person Kin will continue up to the next level and walk over the rope bridge to the middle while keeping "Roth Kelio" in mind, ready to point and shout if someone aim for me.

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)
The man seems to engrossed in his new golden arm to follow you for the moment, so you head up the stairs to the third floor and run out across the rather rickety bridge to the center.

John follows Kin, examining his arm and cradling it to his chest.

"Didn't you feel it, though? That... If we do kill someone... We get supreme ultimate power?" John shakes his head. "I mean, that's what I felt..."
You chase after the man who talked to you, reaching the center platform a few moments after him.

Shout "Rothon!" at Serus as I stumble (ideally walk normally) towards Possibly.

((If you try to heal me, I'll team up with you for as long as my character lives. I feel secure in saying that, because no one has found a healing spell yet.  :P))
You grunt and hold your hands over your wound as the blade is pulled free. You turn to Serus as he finishes cleaving into Ferin and shout your word at him.
[pot:6+1]
[Serus end:3-1]
Serus Convulses violently as electricity surges through him, blackening and burning flesh, arcing off his blade as he drops it and collapses to the ground. A moment later he vanishes, collapsing into ash.

[Serus is dead]
[you gain one stat point]

You smile weakly, gripping your gut, and stumble towards the west stairs, bleeding profusely. You make it about half way up before you collapse, vision fading.

An instant after Serus vanishes another man appears in the center of the gazebo floor, amidst all the fresh blood and ash. His Name is Joe and he is no doubt very confused.

Patrick :Green: Pool:2/2
Joe: Red: pool:1/1
Garth : Blue: Pool:2/2 (a few metal marbles)
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth)
Ferin : Yellow: Pool:1/1 (Deep cut in left shoulder, dead arm. Blinded, poisoned)
Doodles: Purple: Pool:1/1 (Stabbed in stomach, bleeding out)
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2
John: Dark red: Pool: 3/3 (Left arm turned to gold from elbow down.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2012, 01:50:07 am »

Well, that escalated quickly didn't it?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2012, 01:50:53 am »

You. I knew I remembered you.
((We all do. That one person >_<))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2012, 01:51:56 am »

Kick Ferin until he becomes very, very dead. If that doesn't work, garstorpit him again!

"Voo! I am a veezard supreme!"

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2012, 02:15:50 am »

"With extra creamer and-what the fuck?! Where...

Observe my surroundings. Try to figure out what's going on. Take note of anything that stands out

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2012, 02:20:07 am »

"Argh... We got him big guy... We got him. I don't know if I'll make it through this, but maybe someone else here will back me up. See if you can get yourself a bandage from that pile of cloth over there. As for you, Mr. Garth..." Ferin grins like a lunatic, and coughs up blood "We're going to be the very best of friends in hell. That's right, I'm bringing you with me! GENERIC WORD OF POWER!"
Defend myself from Garth's kicks using my good arm, and shout my GWP at him. Hope my spell or some nice person kills or incapacitates him before he has time to Garstorpit me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:35:48 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2012, 03:02:23 am »

walk up to john until a few feet

"fair well, GWP"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2012, 08:42:19 am »

walk up to john until a few feet

"fair well, GWP"
(John - that is, me - is two floors above you.)

John looks around. Rickety bridges, high up, not much else going on. "Was there any point in coming up here?" he asks Kin, looking at the lack of interesting features.

If scapheap's character makes it up to me, jab my golden arm at him while shouting WORD(S). If not, and I can see Doodles, slash my golden arm at him while saying DIFFERENT WORD(S). If neither of those, tap my gold arm with my good hand while saying OTHER WORD(S).

Edit: Ahaha the thread is named after me. My failures are incredible!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2012, 10:24:04 am »

(John - that is, me - is two floors above you.)
move to within a few feet of and aim at (rolls dices) Doodles? same one liner.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:42:15 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 435