Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956402 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Death from above.
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2012, 06:40:56 pm »

((Well, having a bonus to endurance rolls means that from 1,2,3,6=death you go to 1,2,5,6=death. And the game uses the chunky salsa damage system, so endurance will pretty much never save you if you are hit with a double-garstorpit or something of that sort. Endurance mostly decides how long you keep going before you die, rather than if you die at all.))
Actually thats not true at all. End rolls aren't all or nothing. 5's are just best, but a 4 and a 3 both mean taking less damage. For instance, if Kin had rolled a 2 or 1 he'd probably completely lost his leg. If he had rolled a 5 he might have caught a nice deep gash but not as bad. If he had rolled a 6 that crystal would have gotten lodged in his shin or something, extremely painful but not as physiologically crippling. Likewise, people who got Garstopit'd got end rolls to see how well they dealt with it. If one of them had gotten a 6 or more they would have probably lurched out of the cloud and dragged you into it with them.

That is, however, not to say that they always effect things. I mean, even if GWG had rolled a 5 for end he still would have gotten badly, if not fatally, hurt, just not outright killed.  And if you shove someone from the 4th floor and they fall all the way down to the first, they're pretty much toast regardless so they won't even get an end roll.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2012, 08:49:16 pm »

And if you shove someone from the 4th floor and they fall all the way down to the first, they're pretty much toast regardless so they won't even get an end roll.

((I HAVE TO GET OFF THIS BRIDGE NOW.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2012, 09:43:25 pm »

"Dahm-eet, zey are having fahn vizout me! No mattah, zey vill knov DEATH soon enough!"

Say the words "SHAREEB-SHAREEB!" while thinking of a nice suit of chainmail armor and pointing at the ground in front of me! If anything bad starts to happen, RUN.
[pot:2+2]
A large hunk of metal, roughly spherical and about 2 feet across pops into being and clangs to the ground. Huh.

((Toaster tries Magical Combo!  It's super effective!

Sorry GWG, but I was thinking I'd be able to hit the whole group.  You just got unlucky.))

+1 Potency

Bingo.

Back up to the walls of the pit to get out of line of sight, then curve around to the northeast part of the level I'm on.
"Well, that was surprisingly effective. And now to run screaming for my life. WOOP WOOP WOOP"

You backpedal away from the ledge until you hit the wall and then follow the wall till you're at about halfway between the North and East Stairs.

Temple's throbbing. Pain from the calf. Gash wound. Kin couldn't be more unlucky than this. "There must be a way to heal these wounds, or at least stop me from bleeding to death."

Thumbing through the few pages Kin see a word that makes him just smile. "If this isn't a badly hidden healing spell, then there is none." He holds his bleeding calf, thinks "HEAL" and says the word "Hael-ton".

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)
[pot:5]
A shimmering image appears a few feet above you as you lay on your back. It's hard to see, just a vague mirage of a thing, but it looks like some sort of squarish thing with a handle.

"NOT HELPING!" 

"Eeep!"

Fearfully jumping away after John's other arm transformed, Sanya caught herself and looked back.
"D-Do you... want my help? I can't do anything a-about your arm, but..."

Timidly, Sanya crept closer to John, hanging low to the ground.
"Don't worry, you do what you want to, I'll help keep them away... I hope..."

Calm my mind, look off of the bridge I am on, and scout out the source of the crystal attack.
Point at him and pull one arm back just like an archer with a bow, and shout Magic Words while releasing the imaginary string.

"I-I think it will be better if... you know, we... stick together? I won't last long on my own..."

[pot:2]
The air in front of you crackles with a weak bit of static that then violently hurls itself into the air and vanishes an instant later. uh...You don't think that helps.

((Would you look at that, yellow again.))
Lepus suddenly finds himself surrounded by screaming and holding a book. "Ughh, the moment I wake up, something bad has to happen to me, doesn't it? Where the hell even am I? And what's up with this book?" Lepus opens the book and sees Property of Ferin Lepus written on the front cover. "What even is this rubbish? It's just full of random words and pictures of angry men pointing at each other. Wait a sec, some of these are circled... let's see, we've got lightning, poison, movement, and something about a tingly left arm. And apparently I need to shout this stuff at people like some sort of Jehova's Witness. Well, it's better than nothing. Wait a sec! Is that little girl being attacked? What the hell is wrong with all of these people? Who in their right mind would try to kill a child?"

If anyone tries to approach me with hostile intentions, do Spell A. If not, then blast anyone who tries to attack Sanya with Spell B. If nobody attacks me or Sanya, then say Nifty Single Word.
Keep in mind you're not on the same level as Sanya. You're on level two, next to the north stairs. She's on the third level, on the rope bridge.

[pot:6]
A large, semi-circular lump of rubber as big as your head materalizes in front of you and drops to the ground, bouncing twice before rolling off and falling to the first floor. Well. Ok.

"Time to up the ante, here's to hoping I don't kill myself...."

Wave my hands in small circles around an area in front of me. Say Genericia.

((Here's to hoping complicated magic doesn't end in a puddle of Possibly. Anyone feel like an alliance?))
[pot:3+1]
A large lump of metal surrounded in a globule of water appears out of mid air and clunks heavily to the ground, water splashing all over you.

You wipe water out of your eyes and sigh.

"AAAAGH NOT AGAIN! THIS SUUUUUCKS!"

John ignores the other person and attempts to NOT DIE.
[str:2-1]
You Kick your legs up in an attempt to pull yourself back but end up making things worse. Much worse. The weight of your arms drags you straight down through the gap in the bridge's boards and to the ground far far below. You have just enough to to scream "FUCK YOU, GRAVITY!" before you slam into the ground and fold up like a bloody accordion. An instant later your body crumbles into ash. 

[You're dead]

Jamie appears on the first level, standing directly next to the northern stairs.

Sanya:Green: Pool:1/3 
Joe: Red: pool:1/1
Garth(5) : Blue: Pool:1/2 (a few metal marbles)
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth. Soaked in water.)
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:2/2
Thrakor(2): Purple: Pool:2/2
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2  (severed left calf: movement hampered. Gash in shoulder. Bleeding)
Jamie: Dark red: Pool: 6/6

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:27 pm »

"Damn, so how do I make complicated crap, then? The water was supposed to be inside the damn lump. How hard is it to get that right?"
Continue grumbling about wasted opportunity, hacks, and wanting the password to the Rcon console. Try to make some decent clothing. Think Generic Word with the intent to actually do something. If thinking doesn't work, say Generic.
((I think you know what word I have in mind.

Decent Clothing: Tuxedo with black silken bow tie. A top hat that is at least two feet tall. Well-shined dress shoes. +2 to sexiness modifier.))

((If I know a word as useless as Cloth, I can at least look like a God among peasants.))

"If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna look good doing it."

Edit: Wait! I have an idea.....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:09:38 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2012, 10:05:19 pm »

Yaah!
Scramble back onto solid ground, and hang close to the floor.
"Stop it no stop it stop it no no no..."
Cowering next to the rickety bridge, Sanya looks about in fear of everything around her. So far she'd seen a guy possibly try to hurt her, who she tried to protect, and then die because of his own spells. Already she'd had to dodge near certain death, and her own spells seemed to do absolutely nothing.

"I don't care about power... but... but I don't want... I don't want to die like this! I... I have to fight! I have to... kill...

If anyone attacks me and they're close by, return with "GASTORPIT". Scream it with a point gesture and a fearful tone. If anyone attacks I can't reach, continue cowering. If anything else happens, continue cowering.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:46 pm »

((Kill stealer!))

Thrakor had a working spell now, and a tendril of additional power.  If he wanted to get out of here, he'd need a plan.

And he had one.

Move to edge.  If Target Theta is valid, execute Shardstorm.  If not, hit Target Epsilon with it instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2012, 10:56:54 pm »

((This is getting complicated. I wonder if listing everyone's location in their status would be a good idea?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2012, 11:19:52 pm »

((This is getting complicated. I wonder if listing everyone's location in their status would be a good idea?))
What, you don't have A gps in your brain?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2012, 11:41:14 pm »

That's not always useful. They're kinda big; at least saying which floor they're on would help.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »

That's not always useful. They're kinda big; at least saying which floor they're on would help.
If you right click the image and chose "View image" it shrinks them down to fit on your screen. But I can start putting locations on the thing at the end of the post if people are having problems remembering.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2012, 12:10:40 am »

Here

Sanya:Green: Pool:1/3  [Third floor, center of West Rope Bridge]
Joe: Red: pool:1/1 [Second floor, right next to south stairs]
Garth(5) : Blue: Pool:1/2 (a few metal marbles) [first floor, hiding behind pillar in gazebo area]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth. Soaked in water.) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:2/2 [Second floor, right next to north stairs.]
Thrakor(2): Purple: Pool:2/2 [Fourth floor, North east side]
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2  (severed left calf: movement hampered. Gash in shoulder. Bleeding)[third floor, center platform]
Jamie: Dark red: Pool: 6/6 [First floor, right next to northern stairs]

That sort of thing good for everyone?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2012, 12:13:29 am »

Sure.  Don't let it slow you down- you're already doing tons of work between this and ER.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2012, 12:55:45 am »

Sure.  Don't let it slow you down- you're already doing tons of work between this and ER.
It will slow me down like all of 15 seconds :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2012, 03:15:11 am »

"OOH, A PERR-SON!" Garth hollers as John lands on the ground.

As Jamie appears, he quiets down a bit and whispers "Ooh, anozer vone! Better give zem a varm reeception!"

Sneak up to person, garstorpit.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:28:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2012, 06:08:12 am »

"Did Goldarm just bite the dust? I think he might have. Damn." Kin was thinking of his possibilities. He could keep lying here and work out what words might be useful, form an alliance, or just crawl back to one of the stairs and ambush anyone unlucky.

Kin went with the first choice. No sense exerting himself more than necessary. "So..." If "Hael-ton" was something that formed an image maybe one needed another word to keep it intact. Goldarm had a word that made his arm gold and I think I heard him say some word before his other hand turned into metal. "Shareeb" i think it was.

Kin tried it out. He first formed an image of how his left calf had looked before being severed and also imagined as being as flexible as a real calf even if it were of metal. He then imagined it attached to were his severed calf had been. Taking a deep breath Kin said "Hael-ton Shareeb".

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 435